New murder hornet in the US. It comes from China

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Nah, I was making a joke. They were red wasps that did live in my apartment window. Never stung me or did much of anything so I let them be until they eventually died. I was stung by one when I was 3 or 4, but in its defense I did sit on its nest so no hard feelings.
Horseflies are way worse than wasps. I never been stung by them even when I worked outside, but horseflies? Fuck me. Black flies are bad too.

Horseflies are way worse than wasps. I never been stung by them even when I worked outside, but horseflies? Fuck me. Black flies are bad too.

Horse flies always go after me, but they used to ignore my friend. When we used to go hiking it drove me crazy.

Horse flies always go after me, but they used to ignore my friend. When we used to go hiking it drove me crazy.
Same here, probably something about our sweat. To us, it’s grossly sexy but to them it’s just like walking passed a good bakery in the morning.

Same here, probably something about our sweat. To us, it’s grossly sexy but to them it’s just like walking passed a good bakery in the morning.

My friend used to smell bad. I wonder if that's why the horse flies kept their distance from him.

Damn. The size of that thing

If you look close enough you can see 2 tiny Japanese ladies riding it

We need to start a disinformation campaign in China saying these guys taste like pangolin.

What's the point of lying about where they are from?

I got stung a lot as a kid. Was barefoot all summer. Would step on bees or what have you, get stung and pull out the stinger. Yellow jackets sucked, because that have in ground nests and when stepped on they'd swarm you. Always would be stung 5 plus times.
Wasps are Mena because they can keep stinging and don't die til you kill them.

Wow. Looks big enough to shoot with a gun.

RepentantDeafeningBuffalo-size_restricted.gif
It is. I was in Asia, and one flew into the window. I looked and it just didn't make sense what I was seeing: the size of a bird, but a hornet. It was big enough that the window sounded like it got hit by a baseball THUD. Then it flew away. I thought I was seeing things. I found out later that I'm not crazy when someone told me what it was. Straight up big enough to shoot with a shotgun.

WHO: Scientific research from the Communist Party of China indicates that there is no threat to human life from "murder hornets". These hornets are a staple of a healthy ecosystem, and should be embraced by all countries. The World Health Organizations commends the humanitarian effort undertaken by China to spread these peaceful, loving hornets around the world.

To fight racism we must sponsor "Hug a Hornet Day".

Nuke it from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

I was hiking in the mountains on an island in Greece and had just made it to this cave I targeted. I was trying to enjoy the view of the Aegean Sea despite the cave floor being covered in bat shit, when a bullet came flying by my head. It stopped in the only tree that was up there with me and confused the hell out of me. I look over and it’s one of these giant hornets. This fucking thing had muscles and it was staring at me. I’d never seen one of these before, it looked like a little alien on steroids. I took a quick picture and then got the hell out of there.

Back