New guy at work is unbelievably full of $hit

Ill be training him for the next 3 months. I have no choice
Okay, then you have two options.

1) Be polite and let it slide.

Pro: you won't have to do anything out of the box, con: you will have to listen to his crap.

2) Call him out on his BS. Check his social network profiles, etc. to find inconsistencies, keep a recorded track of them in a notepad or something and call him out in a rude fashion. When he starts mumbling you fill the room with uppercuts you tell him that as long as he keeps this BS to himself you won't be bringing it up again.

Pro: you won't have to listen to BS and feel like a boss con: he may go and complain to your supervisor or find another way to make your life worse.

So hes a former Navy Seal who traveled around the world doing top secret stuff for the C.I.A that he cant talk about. He was also a professional Superbike racer for Kawasaki. Then he traveled around the world playing in a metal band. He somehow also found the time to earn a masters in Electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. I cant even keep a straight face when hes talking about all this bullshit. Why do people feel the need to lie to impress others? Anyone else know anyone like this?

I really don't fucking appreciate you putting me on blast like this u asshole

And everything I've ever said is 100% true. The fact that you don't think it's possible for someone to do all that badass shit says more about you than it does about me

I work with a guy like that to. Says he used to own a restaurant, was a higher up in the navy and owned some company. Turns out we looked him up an he was in jail for insurance fraud. Go figure ? Lol

I work with a guy like that to. Says he used to own a restaurant, was a higher up in the navy and owned some company. Turns out we looked him up an he was in jail for insurance fraud. Go figure ? Lol

<bball2>

I am fortunate to not have a criminal record, but I do feel for those with one, it can fuck you up for life.

Oh man Concierge agents are always strange people. We got one who basically lives at work. Hes there 3 hours before and 3 hours after his shift. I think hes homeless. Accounting says he never cashed his checks so they had to force him to get direct deposit. He travels a lot. He says he speaks 7 languages

Before direct deposit, I never picked up my weekly paychecks. I'd often have 8 or 9 sitting at work. The accountant would always tell me to cash them to clear up their books. For some reason, the bank they used was one of the last in the city to do direct deposit.

We had people pick up their checks at noon to get it deposited before checks they wrote bounced.

This is all nearly as bad as lying about military service and being a successful doctor to a bunch of other losers on a karate forum subforum. @Fawlty what kind of monster would do such a thing?

There's this one maniac who actually posts on Sherdog who claims to have a 203-0 streetfighting record lol. So I had my contacts at the CIA look into it and holy shit it turns out he's legit. Not only that but the CIA often hires him to execute top-secret assassinations in hot spots all over the world. They're also currently in talks with him and Donald Trump about a plan for him to single-handedly take out ISIS once Trump assumes the presidency. He insists on waiting for Trump to take office because he doesn't want Obama to get credit for eliminating ISIS. There's bad blood between him and Obama stemming back from their days as classmates at Harvard Law School; apparently Obama disrespected him because he was only 11 years old at the time and Obama was jealous of his perfect LSAT score and #1 class ranking.

Don-Shipley.jpg

Don Shipley lol. His videos are funny.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

I worked with a guy who had those great stories. He was a basic laborer that they would have help with some repair jobs. He got into some trouble at age 17 so the judge gave him the choice of joining the military or going to prison. He was in a top secret group rescuing POWs in Vietnam for 7 years. I asked him why he didn't put in his 20 years and retire. He said he wrecked his ankles from low jumping out of helicopters. I asked if he was getting disability pay and he said no because it was top secret and they wouldn't even admit that he was in the military. I asked how he proved to the judge that he had joined.

Another time one of the crane operators damaged a railroad crossing and he helped replace a rail. He told me he worked on the railroad for 10 years starting by replacing track and worked his way up to running an Xray machine that checked the track. I told him he should have stayed there and get railroad retirement. He said it got too boring.

Another time he was helping put some pieces of steel in place so I could weld them. He tells me he worked 8 years repairing barges on the Mississippi river doing welding and cutting.

When he helped change a bearing on a conveyor he tells me he spent 5 years traveling the country installing conveyor systems.

I finally asked him how old he was and he says 32.

So he had 30 years of working various jobs at the age of 32.

Just consider it entertainment.

This is all nearly as bad as lying about military service and being a successful doctor to a bunch of other losers on a karate forum subforum. @Fawlty what kind of monster would do such a thing?
I wish more people lied about being unsuccessful doctors. How come nobody ever makes threads about getting hit with malpractice, or accidentally grafting a guy's donghead to his belly button?

I bet if I make up a lie about some guy at work who tells crazy lies, nobody will know.

Ill be training him for the next 3 months. I have no choice
Talk to your boss about the guy.

Consider this:
If he fucks up something that you trained him to do, what are the chances he will claim you didn't train him at all?

What kind of job is it anyway? Can he cause a lot of damage to company by lying to co-workers / customers?

Talk to your boss about the guy.

Consider this:
If he fucks up something that you trained him to do, what are the chances he will claim you didn't train him at all?

What kind of job is it anyway? Can he cause a lot of damage to company by lying to co-workers / customers?
We do electrical and HVAC work for a large resort. He seems pretty knowledgable as far as the job goes. He seems more interested in impressing me than learning the property though. Its strange because hes a lot older than me. I might expect that more from a young kid but not from a guy in his 50s. Im not really training him on the work itself more on the layout of the property and how we do things

We do electrical and HVAC work for a large resort. He seems pretty knowledgable as far as the job goes. He seems more interested in impressing me than learning the property though. Its strange because hes a lot older than me. I might expect that more from a young kid but not from a guy in his 50s. Im not really training him on the work itself more on the layout of the property and how we do things

Man are you at like a Carribean resort or something? Do you get to eat at buffet for free? Are you at least on a beach? I can see why that guy is bullshitting to get that job.

Back