Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

So rounds 3 and 6 were not genuinely close? That's your stance?
Genuinely close as in still Fury rounds? Sure. I'm not sure why you're stuck on this considering you scored it for Fury?

Round 3:
Fury outlands Wilder 11-4 and everyone has this for Fury. Except for Rochin. That means at the end of 3 rounds, Rochin has Wilder up 30-27, while the other judges have it 29-28 Fury. This despite Fury being up 22 punches to 11. If you want to cite a specific round that points to Rochin’s incompetence, or, worse, corruption, this is a good target.

Round 6:
Five of us have Fury here, but this time the one lone Wilder voice is not Rochin, it’s Edwards (who will ultimately score it a draw). So at the halfway point the official scores are: 58-56 Wilder, 59-55 Fury, 58-56 Fury.
Wilder vs. Fury scorecards: Anatomy of a robbery

Genuinely close as in still Fury rounds? Sure. I'm not sure why you're stuck on this considering you scored it for Fury?

Round 3:
Fury outlands Wilder 11-4 and everyone has this for Fury. Except for Rochin. That means at the end of 3 rounds, Rochin has Wilder up 30-27, while the other judges have it 29-28 Fury. This despite Fury being up 22 punches to 11. If you want to cite a specific round that points to Rochin’s incompetence, or, worse, corruption, this is a good target.

Round 6:
Five of us have Fury here, but this time the one lone Wilder voice is not Rochin, it’s Edwards (who will ultimately score it a draw). So at the halfway point the official scores are: 58-56 Wilder, 59-55 Fury, 58-56 Fury.
Wilder vs. Fury scorecards: Anatomy of a robbery

Genuinely close as in the kind of round that is often seen either way by judges. I'm arguing against people saying a draw is impossible and tantamount to corruption, which is absurd.

Genuinely close as in the kind of round that is often seen either way by judges. I'm arguing against people saying a draw is impossible and tantamount to corruption, which is absurd.
A draw is ridiculous imo

You're describing a swing/toss-up round. The problem with relying on swing rounds to justify a controversial result is that most here could easily engineer a win for either fighter if there's enough rounds that weren't clear/moderately close. At the elite level very little separates the best from the best so rounds won won't all be clear and obvious.

The consensus is that Fury won 10 rounds to 2 (115-111) or 9 rounds to 3 (116-110). The most common score was 115-111 meaning the majority of those that scored it for Fury only had Wilder winning the two rounds he dropped him in. If you stretch it then maybe you can get Wilder 5 rounds in order to justify the draw but it's agenda-driven behavior. By giving Wilder those 5 rounds he needs to get the draw you're taking away from Fury by saying he won no more than 7 rounds of his own. A possible range of scores is just that, a possibility. Possibilities aren't necessarily plausible.

You're describing a swing/toss-up round. The problem with relying on swing rounds to justify a controversial result is that most here could easily engineer a win for either fighter if there's enough rounds that weren't clear/moderately close. At the elite level very little separates the best from the best so rounds won won't all be clear and obvious.

The consensus is that Fury won 10 rounds to 2 (115-111) or 9 rounds to 3 (116-110). The most common score was 115-111 meaning the majority of those that scored it for Fury only had Wilder winning the two rounds he dropped him in. If you stretch it then maybe you can get Wilder 5 rounds in order to justify the draw but it's agenda-driven behavior. By giving Wilder those 5 rounds he needs to get the draw you're taking away from Fury by saying he won no more than 7 rounds of his own. A possible range of scores is just that, a possibility. Possibilities aren't necessarily plausible.

There were at least 3 rounds which were tantamount to being a coin-flip. Wilder only needed 3 rounds for it to be a draw. This is a pretty straightforward point here. If we're going to start citing scores from anonymous observers on an MMA site (Fury is more popular than Wilder among MMA fans and it isn't even remotely close), maybe we can cite that the media was drastically less lopsided in their awarding of scores (much closer to an even split between Fury and draw/Wilder than what we're seeing on this site - again, we should note that a ton of people replying in here tend to be MMA fans before boxing fans).

Now, I don't like appealing to random ass anonymous scorers on MMA sites or media scorers, but these characterizations of it being a lop-sided fight or a domination are so ridiculously off the mark. I think it's pretty clear to see that there were some very close rounds that, depending on one's scoring style, could be seen in a variety of ways. I saw it as a narrow Fury win, but a draw simply isn't a ridiculous card in my mind. It's far less ridiculous than many cards we see week in week out that earn no skepticism, to be honest.

There were at least 3 rounds which were tantamount to being a coin-flip. Wilder only needed 3 rounds for it to be a draw. This is a pretty straightforward point here. If we're going to start citing scores from anonymous observers on an MMA site (Fury is more popular than Wilder among MMA fans and it isn't even remotely close), maybe we can cite that the media was drastically less lopsided in their awarding of scores (much closer to an even split between Fury and draw/Wilder than what we're seeing on this site - again, we should note that a ton of people replying in here tend to be MMA fans before boxing fans).

Now, I don't like appealing to random ass anonymous scorers on MMA sites or media scorers, but these characterizations of it being a lop-sided fight or a domination are so ridiculously off the mark. I think it's pretty clear to see that there were some very close rounds that, depending on one's scoring style, could be seen in a variety of ways. I saw it as a narrow Fury win, but a draw simply isn't a ridiculous card in my mind. It's far less ridiculous than many cards we see week in week out that earn no skepticism, to be honest.

If you mean that there were close rounds that a shady, corrupt or incompetent judge could give to Wilder, then I agree

There were at least 3 rounds which were tantamount to being a coin-flip. Wilder only needed 3 rounds for it to be a draw. This is a pretty straightforward point here. If we're going to start citing scores from anonymous observers on an MMA site (Fury is more popular than Wilder among MMA fans and it isn't close), maybe we can cite that the media was drastically less lopsided in their awarding of scores (much closer to an even split between Fury and draw/Wilder).

I've seen the media scores and they're in Fury's favor. Some of the media agreed with the draw but very few non-random ass MMA site (this too is an MMA site) fans here did. If the draw isn't ridiculous then why did only 6% of the posters in this forum agree with it? That's a ridiculously paltry 1 out of 15 posters that even agreed with the official decision! I only recognize a single reg that scored it for Wilder and we already know who he is without even having to name him.

I mean, if this is so easy to see then why didn't enough of these "genuinely close" rounds go to Wilder right here on Sherdog? We would know if they did because exponentially more posters would have voted in support of the draw or even a Wilder win. We had 566 verifiable people with accounts that voted in the poll and that's a respectable sample size. Are they all just biased boxing & MMA nerds that absolutely love Fury who happens to be a foreigner (Gypsy at that), a PED cheat, with an extremely distasteful style?

If at least a few rounds were close enough to the point of being relatively even/drawish then this would've presented itself in this forum's poll results. You're defending a possible outcome (not necessarily very plausible) that has an insanely low 6% backing from this community. Why aren't these handful of close rounds being scored for Wilder which would naturally influence the poll results? The proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:
If you mean that there were close rounds that a shady, corrupt or incompetent judge could give to Wilder, then I agree

So it would require corruption to give Wilder 3 of the 10 rounds where he didn't floor Fury? That's your position?

So it would require corruption to give Wilder 3 of the 10 rounds where he didn't floor Fury? That's your position?

I'm just saying that when you group that with the 115 to 111 (7 to 5) scorecard for wilder, it seems oddly convenient in favor of deontay.

I've seen the media scores and they're in Fury's favor. Some of the media agreed with the draw but very few non-random ass MMA site (this too is an MMA site) fans here did. If the draw isn't ridiculous then why did only 6% of the posters in this forum agree with it? That's a ridiculously paltry 1 out of 15 posters that even agreed with the official decision! I only recognize a single reg that scored it for Wilder and we already know who he is without even having to name him.

I mean, if this is so easy to see then why didn't enough of these "genuinely close" rounds go to Wilder right here on Sherdog? We would know if they did because exponentially more posters would have voted in support of the draw or even a Wilder win. We had 566 verifiable people with accounts that voted in the poll and that's a respectable sample size. Are they all just biased boxing & MMA nerds that absolutely love Fury who happens to be a foreigner (Gypsy at that), a PED cheat, with an extremely distasteful style?

If at least a few rounds were close enough to the point of being relatively even/drawish then this would've presented itself in this forum's poll results. You're defending a possible outcome (not necessarily very plausible) that has an insanely low 6% backing from this community. Why aren't these handful of close rounds being scored for Wilder which would naturally influence the poll results? The proof is in the pudding.

If you were to poll the people who actually post on the boxing forum here, you'd get much different results. I'd be pretty confident with a wager that over half of the people who voted never even scored the fight. The media scores are drastically closer to a split (Wilder/draw compared to Fury) than the 6% number on this site. And yes, Fury, especially going into the Wilder fight, was much more popular among the MMA demographic than Wilder.

I'm just saying that when you group that with the 115 to 111 (7 to 5) scorecard for wilder, it seems oddly convenient in favor of deontay.

So is the argument that 115-111 and 113-113 are absurd, or just that 115-111 Wilder is absurd? Because 115-111 Wilder being ridiculous has nothing to do with 113-113 being a reasonable card.

So is the argument that 115-111 and 113-113 are absurd, or just that 115-111 Wilder is absurd? Because 115-111 Wilder being ridiculous has nothing to do with 113-113 being a reasonable card.

Maybe not in your opinion. But in mine it does.

If you were to poll the people who actually post on the boxing forum here, you'd get much different results. I'd be pretty confident with a wager that over half of the people who voted never even scored the fight. The media scores are drastically closer to a split (Wilder/draw compared to Fury) than the 6% number on this site. And yes, Fury, especially going into the Wilder fight, was much more popular among the MMA demographic than Wilder.

No he wasn't

If Fury had gotten the W....most wouldn't have argued it. Had they given the W to Wilder....most of the boxing community wouldve have said Fury was certainly robbed.

This should be obvious when one side is arguing that Wilder earned a draw....and one side is saying Fury should've won.

Only a handful of regs from here voted for the draw despite it being the official result. Whether you like the data or not the draw result/outcome has an astronomically low approval rating of ~6%. Its implicit disapproval rating is ~93%. Any official result demonstrated to be an outcome that unlikely to occur is easy to dismiss (and it has been expressly dismissed in the media's Heavyweight divisional rankings, The Ring's & TBRB's). That wasn't just one man's decision but both of their respective boards decided to discard it altogether.

Your claim is that there are multiple close rounds/swing rounds in the fight (at least three). Well, that claim was actually put to the test and it failed miserably. In fact, I'd even wager that any competitive fight will produce >= 6% for a draw outcome assuming only two other independent polling options are present (a win OR loss outcome for those fighters).

Last edited:
Only a handful of regs from here voted for the draw despite it being the official result. Whether you like the data or not the draw result/outcome has an astronomically low approval rating of ~6%. Its implicit disapproval rating is ~93%. Any official result demonstrated to be an outcome that unlikely to occur is easy to dismiss (and it has been expressly dismissed in the media's Heavyweight divisional rankings, The Ring's & TBRB's). That wasn't just one man's decision but both of their respective boards decided to discard it altogether.

Your claim is that there are multiple close rounds/swing rounds in the fight (at least three). Well, that claim was actually put to the test and it failed miserably. In fact, I'd even wager that any competitive fight will produce >= 6% for a draw outcome assuming only two other independent polling options are present (a win OR loss outcome for those fighters).

Put to the test, as in around 100 anonymous fans on an MMA site didn't agree with it. I don't really think that says much of anything. Again, if you were to poll most of the regulars here, I think you'd find many would agree with the idea that 113-113 isn't an absurd score. It's abundantly clear the media didn't consider it absurd when they were scoring live.

because he was given a super long count after being sparked unconscious
The fight is on Youtube. You can check that it was 10 seconds from the Youtube from the timer in the corner and the bar at the bottom. The myth that it was a long count is the most laughable excuse from the Wilder side of things.

the ref never felt the need to stop it, and he was right there, inches away from fury. It’s only wilder fans like yourself that have this opinion; it’s laughable double standards

It's good business that Fury was allowed to and in fact did get up. However, fights have been waived off for less with no argument.

It was the very last round of a HW championship fight in which the vast majority of viewers had Tyson winning, and you are surprised he gave the full count?!

Yes. I'm surprised that a man who cascaded violently to the ground following two brutal shots from the hardest puncher in the sport was allowed the potential to incur more brain damage by the referee.

Back