Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

Why do you say that?

There's so much subjectivity in the sport of boxing. The judging, the 10 counts, when to separate fighters. Most major sports have supplemented officiating with automated systems to be more accurate. A 10 count means very little if it's not standardized. It allows promotional interests, biased referees, etc. to manipulate the outcome of a fight.

Fucking hell, this shit again? How many times has that been disproved?

"Slow" is subjective because the very nature of a 10 count is subjective. Refs can go as fast or as slow as they like, which opens room the wrong things to influence the fight. But hey, I'm happy has a pig in shit that we get to run it back.

Dont forget that no one would have complained if the ref waived the fight off after Fury had his lights put out.

The fact that Fury beat the count, got up and won the rest of the round proves that it shouldn't have been stopped. Wilder after beating Ortiz saying "if I had the ref from this fight against Fury I would have won!" is dumb as hell, because he's basically saying he wanted the fight wrongfully stopped to give him the W. Wilder could win the rematch but he lost the first fight. The judge that had Wilder win the first fight had him winning 7 rounds, and up 4-1 after 5 rounds with both other judges seeing it 4-1 for Fury with the exact same scoring round by round. It was one Judge, Judge Rochin that had a heinous score card that not a person on the planet agreed with.

There's so much subjectivity in the sport of boxing. The judging, the 10 counts, when to separate fighters. Most major sports have supplemented officiating with automated systems to be more accurate. A 10 count means very little if it's not standardized. It allows promotional interests, biased referees, etc. to manipulate the outcome of a fight.
The referee picks up the count from a ringside official or in some arenas there are like clapper things that give the ref the count

Some guys count slightly faster than others but all refs and umps in baseball and basketball have slightly different ways of calling their strike zones and in bball some have extremely short fuses to give out technical fouls like Joey Crawford back in the day

"Slow" is subjective because the very nature of a 10 count is subjective. Refs can go as fast or as slow as they like, which opens room the wrong things to influence the fight. But hey, I'm happy has a pig in shit that we get to run it back.
On the video I posted you can see his ass hits the canvas at 2:25 left of the round and he's back up at 2:15. Either way though, I agree. I'm glad Fury stopped fucking about wrestling terrible wrestling matches and boxing nobodies.

People are really arguing that a stoppage would have been fine? Really?
Robbing a fighter of his work/record/earnings because you think if Wilder hits someone its automatically over?
Fury wasnt even hurt that much in the fight, during the knockdown he keeps his head from hitting the mat, looks at and speaks to the ref during the count and even nods his head then just gets up and stands strong.
If a fight like this gets stopped in future I sure will complain. And if someone asks me why, I will say remember the Fury Wilder fight. Just give the guy his 10 seconds. I will not say: Hey see the Wilder fight could have been stopped too, so lets not complain.

Put to the test, as in around 100 anonymous fans on an MMA site didn't agree with it. I don't really think that says much of anything. Again, if you were to poll most of the regulars here, I think you'd find many would agree with the idea that 113-113 isn't an absurd score. It's abundantly clear the media didn't consider it absurd when they were scoring live.
No, I mean it was already put to the test right here on Sherdog in this very forum where you're debating with me. The fans, media, and the whole industry largely don't agree with the official decision. BoxingScene had a small poll (83 votes) but it accurately reflects the consensus view. Three-quarters of members that participated in the poll believe the official decision to be a "robbery". You'll never see a majority (supermajority at that) say this about a legitimate decision, ever. The consensus is clear, Fury was done an injustice.
Boxing-Scene-Final-Poll.png

POLL: Was Fury/Wilder A Robbery? | BoxingScene Forum

Robbing a fighter of his work/record/earnings because you think if Wilder hits someone its automatically over?
Fury wasnt even hurt that much in the fight, during the knockdown he keeps his head from hitting the mat, looks at and speaks to the ref during the count and even nods his head then just gets up and stands strong.
If a fight like this gets stopped in future I sure will complain. And if someone asks me why, I will say remember the Fury Wilder fight. Just give the guy his 10 seconds. I will not say: Hey see the Wilder fight could have been stopped too, so lets not complain.

It really is insane that anyone would ever say the first fight should be stopped. The purpose of stopping the fight is because a fighter was too hurt to even try to fight on. This fight was allowed to continue and the guy who got knocked down go up, and not only was he not stopped, he won the rest of the round! The fans who are saying this, as well as Wilder himself are asking for free handouts in saying that should have been stopped.

The fight is on Youtube. You can check that it was 10 seconds from the Youtube from the timer in the corner and the bar at the bottom. The myth that it was a long count is the most laughable excuse from the Wilder side of things.

im kinda talking about just a straight wave off after his eyes in the back of his head and dead on the floor, the fact he managed to wake up and then fight the rest of the round on point and even reduce it back to a 10-9 possibly is pretty amazing like a corny movie

No, I mean it was already put to the test right here on Sherdog in this very forum where you're debating with me. The fans, media, and the whole industry largely don't agree with the official decision. BoxingScene had a small poll (83 votes) but it accurately reflects the consensus view. Three-quarters of members that participated in the poll believe the official decision to be a "robbery". You'll never see a majority (supermajority at that) say this about a legitimate decision, ever. The consensus is clear, Fury was done an injustice.
Boxing-Scene-Final-Poll.png

POLL: Was Fury/Wilder A Robbery? | BoxingScene Forum
Yea but he was also KOd. Which makes it even.

He was out momentarily but then recovered to beat the count. Had it been stopped I'd have no problem with it. I doubt most boxing fans would contest it since it was a heavy knockdown. Most refs would've stopped it but Jack Reiss isn't most refs.

I'm not actually impressed with either fighter.

Fury, IMO, has regressed and is nowhere near the fighter he was in 2015. He almost got stopped in his last fight.

Wilder appears to be "getting better", but only relative to a very bad division lacking in skill. To this day, I haven't seen him throw more than a 2 punch combination. Very one dimensional with a jab, right cross. Occasional left hook. That works for him.

I would favor Wilder in the rematch only because of how bad Fury looked in his last fight. 2015 Fury, I would take in a heart beat.

It will look very similar to the first fight, but Fury is the guy who will decide how the fight plays out. With Wilder we know exactly what we are getting, rudimentary movement, and a 1-2 down the pipe, (especially now that he has stopped 'the way of the drowning dog' punching techniques.) Fury however can change up, we know he can outbox Wilder, but he seriously needs to get him out of there, Wilder is too fucking dangerous to plan on a pts win. If Fury sits down and fires off more power punches I think he can stop Wilder. It really is down to Tyson.

NO. It was a good knockdown, nothing else. Fury had his eyes open while going down, kept his head from hitting the floor looked and spoke to the ref was up at 10 and was fighting like nothing happend.

Maybe we should just assume because Wilder can cause brain damage he should win his fights before the fight. The other guy may get hurt, just stop it before.

good job fury for somehow waking back up after wilder knocked him completely unconscious
Completely unconscious yet Fury got up and won the rest of the round. It was an absolutely shameful robbery, completely corrupt decision and I think almost everybody agrees with this fact apart from the nuthuggers who refuse to believe that their guy actually lost. Wilder is a beast and probably my favourite boxer today but that was a clear decision loss, anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong

No one on gods green earth would have disputed it had that been waived off.

Can you name another time someone went down in that fashion and was allowed a chance to continue? I cannot. Hence why its been considered the most miraculous recovery ever.

But of course, it was the right call as we saw with the outcome.

Yes. I'm surprised that a man who cascaded violently to the ground following two brutal shots from the hardest puncher in the sport was allowed the potential to incur more brain damage by the referee.
Stop watching boxing, it's obviously too violent for you! The ref elected to give him the full ten and Fury got back up by ten and then wobbled Wilder after. But still you'll claim it was the wrong decision. Wilder fanboys are a joke.

One of the best reffing decisions of all time tbh. Very obvious it was the correct call. Of course, its not hard to imagine Fury getting ktfo after that and us all saying the ref should be fired either.

But thats not what happened so who cares.

One of the best reffing decisions of all time tbh. Very obvious it was the correct call. Of course, its not hard to imagine Fury getting ktfo after that and us all saying the ref should be fired either.

But thats not what happened so who cares.
Yeah, props to ref. Could have been crucified if Fury had been seriously injured that night, but gave the Lineal the chance to get up.

No one on gods green earth would have disputed it had that been waived off.

Can you name another time someone went down in that fashion and was allowed a chance to continue? I cannot. Hence why its been considered the most miraculous recovery ever.

But of course, it was the right call as we saw with the outcome.

Am I missing something? Didnt you yourself already answer that question?

show me an example of someone else who was 'knocked out' and got up and started lighting up the opponent and backing him down .. I'm not talking about stunned or rattled .. KNOCKED OUT .. as you say he was

Fury himself says his lights went out. But yet again the internet posters know better than he does.

Few cool ones in this clip. Have you really never seen someone go down or eyes roll back, but shrug it off and keep going? Youre not watching much if so.

Foreman @ 4:05

Back