Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

It was impressive that he got up in the 12th but Im not sure he gets up if he eats the right hand that Breezy took. In fact, I don't think anyone gets up in 10 from that. that is the danger for Fury in the next fight imo; complacency. If he thinks he can take wilders power and clowns around again he'll get starched
Breazeale stood there with shit in his pants with zero inclination to fight.

Fury has a true fighting instinct. It's all he ever did. Fury wouldn't get caught with his pants down that bad.

I would put money on it that he wasn’t knocked out! Just because he says he was doesn’t make it so. He’s full of shit half of the time
Everyone else Wilder has connected with has been left in a heap, sometimes convulsing, but your money is on Fury not being momentarily KOd. I work hard for my money, I can't bring myself to gamble because it's blood and sweat making my chop, but maybe it comes and goes easier for you, so if you abuse your money like that, power to you.

Fury didn't throw enough punches and moved backward the whole fight. He made Wilder look sloppy at times but rarely capitalized. There's no style points. And if you go back to watch it again, the fight was not that exciting. There was a lot of tension at the time because of the gravity of the two heavyweights, but it was a slow paced fight and Fury didn't do enough.

I think Wilder KOs him this time. Was surprised the ref gave Fury a chance to stand up with that slow ass 10 count. I've seen fights waived for lesser knockdowns without complaint.

Everyone else Wilder has connected with has been left in a heap, sometimes convulsing, but your money is on Fury not being momentarily KOd. I work hard for my money, I can't bring myself to gamble because it's blood and sweat making my chop, but maybe it comes and goes easier for you, so if you abuse your money like that, power to you.

he didn’t connect with that straight right like he did with breezy or stiverne,as that would’ve knocked him out.
I’m not a gambler either but I’ve been hurt enough times in the ring over the years to know that you don’t get knocked clean out but have your head clear within 10 seconds. Add to that the way he finished the round. Imo it’s a safe bet

Fury didn't throw enough punches and moved backward the whole fight. He made Wilder look sloppy at times but rarely capitalized. There's no style points. And if you go back to watch it again, the fight was not that exciting. There was a lot of tension at the time because of the gravity of the two heavyweights, but it was a slow paced fight and Fury didn't do enough.

I think Wilder KOs him this time. Was surprised the ref gave Fury a chance to stand up with that slow ass 10 count. I've seen fights waived for lesser knockdowns without complaint.

he beat the count, was steady on his feet and his head was straight. Why on earth would it be stopped?

Breazeale stood there with shit in his pants with zero inclination to fight.

Fury has a true fighting instinct. It's all he ever did. Fury wouldn't get caught with his pants down that bad.

he may not be caught throwing a lazy left hook from his waste, flat footed, but wilder can definitely catch him like that over the 12. Like I said in an earlier post I just favour fury, and wilder only beats him fairly with a knockout. I think it’s very possible
What I am interested in is if he is sharper. He definitely should be based on where he was coming from in the 1st fight. We should see a better version of him

he beat the count, was steady on his feet and his head was straight. Why on earth would it be stopped?

When guys fall limp to the canvas and lay there motionless, the ref will often wave the fight off on the spot. Additionally, the 10 count was long. Makes no sense for a ref to do the 10 count anyway. But that's a different discussion.

When guys fall limp to the canvas and lay there motionless, the ref will often wave the fight off on the spot. Additionally, the 10 count was long. Makes no sense for a ref to do the 10 count anyway. But that's a different discussion.

the ref never felt the need to stop it, and he was right there, inches away from fury. It’s only wilder fans like yourself that have this opinion; it’s laughable double standards

It was the very last round of a HW championship fight in which the vast majority of viewers had Tyson winning, and you are surprised he gave the full count?!

It's funny just how many people can do a complete 180 on negative, defensive boxing when they like the guy doing it. Fury was the better boxer for most of the fight, but there were several rounds that he left very close because of his very low workrate and lack of commitment to sitting down on his offense. When you get floored hard twice, you're absolutely playing with fire by mounting such little offense even if you're making your opponent miss a lot.

I mean, I hate to appeal to punch stats as they're massively flawed, but there were 8 rounds out of the 10 where Fury wasn't floored which had them landing within 2 punches of each other, 3 within 1 punch of each other (and there were 3 where Wilder allegedly outlanded Fury). If you want to disregard their landing stats (which is reasonable as it's a fairly laughable process), you can look at the raw thrown numbers which do tend to be fairly reliable. Fury threw 30 or fewer punches in 9 of 12 rounds. When rounds are that close and offensive output is so low, it's pretty rare that fights can be called a robbery if one guy wins 3 of the 10 (which would precipitate a draw).

It's funny just how many people can do a complete 180 on negative, defensive boxing when they like the guy doing it. Fury was the better boxer for most of the fight, but there were several rounds that he left very close because of his very low workrate and lack of commitment to sitting down on his offense. When you get floored hard twice, you're absolutely playing with fire by mounting such little offense even if you're making your opponent miss a lot.

I mean, I hate to appeal to punch stats as they're massively flawed, but there were 8 rounds out of the 10 where Fury wasn't floored which had them landing within 2 punches of each other, 3 within 1 punch of each other (and there were 3 where Wilder allegedly outlanded Fury). If you want to disregard their landing stats (which is reasonable as it's a fairly laughable process), you can look at the raw thrown numbers which do tend to be fairly reliable. Fury threw 30 or fewer punches in 9 of 12 rounds. When rounds are that close and offensive output is so low, it's pretty rare that fights can be called a robbery if one guy wins 3 of the 10 (which would precipitate a draw).
JayE saves the day with a rational post that breaks it down for even the saltiest of bitter haters.

Last edited:
Never forget Wilder landed and knocked Fury completely the fuck out, and that it was totally astonishing that Fury woke up or even got a count from ref at all.

I speculate that he dropped like sack of potatoes so hard his head hit canvas and woke him back up. He couldn't have been more dead on way down if he'd been shot between eyes.
It doesn’t matter, he beat the count, 10 point system, round by round wilder lost that fight. It shouldn’t even be a debate

Come on jay. You don't really believe this. We both know you really have to stretch this to give wilder enough rounds. I get what you're arguing as its the same argument other guys used after the fight happened. But come on man

There were several very close rounds? That's not what the data shows. The data reflects only a single round in the fight that was approximately 50/50 (very close) in nature and that was round 2. I gave that round to Wilder on my card but the majority of observers who actually bothered submitting their scorecards didn't. Here's a round-by-round scoring analysis based on 117 complete scorecards submitted to MMADecisions.com.
Round-By-Round-Analysis.png

Tyson Fury drew with Deontay Wilder :: Boxing :: MMA Decisions

How is it fair when Fury won 10 rounds ?
because he was given a super long count after being sparked unconscious and didn't do any significant damage or a knockdown the entire fight, I didn't say it was fair according to standard boxing criteria for a reason

Back