Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

Wilder is a KO machine, a true fighter who excites the fans

Fury is a dancer who punches himself in the face

Hes looked abysmal in his comeback, barring the wilder fight.

Now Wilder has his measure, he will KO him in the rematch
Lol, I bet your favorite mma fight is phil baroni?

You was projecting your favourite fighter, Phil Baroni onto me earlier, you uneducated neanderthal
I guess I was saying that you are innately inept when it comes to articulating combat sports, but I find it odd that you that my favorite color would have anything to do with this? Education has zero to do with mma or boxing on an objective and subjective level. Are you suffering from some kind of personality disorder?

I'll have to rewatch fight and do a RBR, this thread is getting too annoying not to, I enjoyed the fight and thought Fury did great, but Wilder win at least 4, if not 5 rounds, and after the bell I was positive I had seen a draw take place.
My view is fine, thanks. Most fight observers aren't ringside anyway. Often times the ones sitting at home watching actually have the better view. Ringsiders saw the same fight the rest of us did and that was Wilder getting schooled and flooring Fury twice.

I personally know a few members of The Ring and a TBRB member that were there watching it live from ringside including Mike Coppinger (on press row, scored it for Fury 10 rounds to 2). Here's what The Ring had to say to explain their decision to actually elevate Fury a spot in their rankings after the fight, effectively ignoring the official bogus Draw result. He was ranked behind only AJ at the time (until AJ lost).

Ring Ratings Update: Tyson Fury Rises To No. 2 In Heavyweight Rankings
The fact that a publication that tries to be the name in boxing journalism can't fathom 4-5 rounds for Wilder in a fight he was clearly in, even for arguments sake, and then takes the petty route of ignoring official results while constructing their rankings tells you everything you need to know about boxing journalism, and pundit scores. I bet you also agreed with every score Harold Lederman ever turned in on an HBO broadcast as well.

Last edited:
I guess I was saying that you are innately inept when it comes to articulating combat sports, but I find it odd that you that my favorite color would have anything to do with this? Education has zero to do with mma or boxing on an objective and subjective level. Are you suffering from some kind of personality disorder?

I guess im saying, youre permanently dysfunctional as a rational human, just because my opinion differs from yours, youre too intellectually stunted to accept people having differing opinions

Your favourite colour being pink is as relevant to you as Phil Baroni is to me

Are you on the autistic spectrum?

99%? I don't know about that. He won 2 out of 12 rounds. That's at least 15%.

I guess im saying, youre permanently dysfunctional as a rational human, just because my opinion differs from yours, youre too intellectually stunted to accept people having differing opinions

Your favourite colour being pink is as relevant to you as Phil Baroni is to me

Are you on the autistic spectrum?
Says the guy who thinks Tyson Fury is no pugilist compared to Deontay.

Not really, he was akin to an entertaining fighting style which is the worst.

Can you come up with your own comebacks or do you not have siblings?

But whatever you say Davem10, you may continue to project.

I guarantee you my genetics when it comes to predispositions for intellect is vastly greater than your own. I got my DNA from a lady who got a perfect score on the GRE, and both my parents are phd

dropouts, own multiple homes, their own respective businesses, etc.

Fury didn't do anything. He was laid down twice and the second one should've been a KO had it not been for a poor referee count. Fury was dancing around the ring landing 4-5 actual punches with 0 power behind them. That's not embarrassing someone. Wilder laid that man on his back for over 10 seconds.

Says the guy who thinks Tyson Fury is no pugilist compared to Deontay.

Not really, he was akin to an entertaining fighting style which is the worst.

Can you come up with your own comebacks or do you not have siblings?

But whatever you say Davem10, you may continue to project.

I guarantee you my genetics when it comes to predispositions for intellect is vastly greater than your own. I got my DNA from a lady who got a perfect score on the GRE, and both my parents are phd

dropouts, own multiple homes, their own respective businesses, etc.

Says me that is correct.

You wouldn't see Wilder getting bashed around by otto wallin. Fury has had two fights in his life that are considered great results, and both of them he mounted near zero offense. The rest of his fights he looks OK to average. As opposed to Wilder who continuously, like clockwork starches guys and leaves them in a twisted heap on the canvas

Fury is dull as hell. Just because Fury leans back and slips a few shots that makes him some master boxer? Give me a break

You don't understand what you're watching that's all. You have your rigid autistic way of thinking too so you are stuck.

I can't help your shit role of the genetic dice, you will just have to deal with it the best you can

Last edited:
Fury didn't do anything. He was laid down twice and the second one should've been a KO had it not been for a poor referee count. Fury was dancing around the ring landing 4-5 actual punches with 0 power behind them. That's not embarrassing someone. Wilder laid that man on his back for over 10 seconds.

Wilder was swinging at air all night lol.

Your zero power argument is nonsense. Fury was able to hurt Wilder and had him backing up in 2 or 3 different rounds. Fury is a large man who happens to be an elite boxer. Virtually anything he lands is gonna hurt.

Two 10-8 rounds for Wilder arent going to win a 12 round fight. Fury completely outclassed him all night.

Fury got robbed. Probably one of the worst robberies boxing has ever seen.

The fact that a publication that tries to be the name in boxing journalism can't fathom 4-5 rounds for Wilder in a fight he was clearly in, even for arguments sake, and then takes the petty route of ignoring official results while constructing their rankings tells you everything you need to know about boxing journalism, and pundit scores. I bet you also agreed with every score Harold Lederman ever turned in on an HBO broadcast as well.
Tries to be? They've been for decades and their rankings are still widely used even if their credibility isn't what it used to be. What's keeping them afloat is new leadership (Fischer). Their image is definitely tarnished and Oscar buying The Ring wasn't seen as a positive but they've been pioneers in many areas. You do realize that the first formal international boxing Hall of Fame was The Ring's, right? When they abandoned their Hall in 1988 the International Boxing Hall of Fame took 90% of their HOF members and absorbed them into their own to get their kickstart. Ring Magazine's Boxing Hall of Fame

This isn't a groupthink problem. You must personally be prepared to wage an unholy war (lol) against the industry because most of the world boxing media disagrees with you strongly on this subject! Attack the source and burn them all if necessary, I get it. I suppose it's now your cue to criticize the TBRB next for the simple fact that they oppose you, too. These statements in particular don't jive at all with your pro-Wilder agenda.
  • Fury-Wilder was no draw. Two of the judges got it wrong and the Board acknowledges what the world does - most of us strongly believe an injustice was done to Fury.
  • Fury was #8 and Wilder #2 when they fought to an official draw. The Board considered it a bad draw and ranked them accordingly. Fury is now #2 (though several members argued he should be #1) and Wilder is #3.
  • Fury should put off fighting Wilder again. He already beat him and most everyone on the planet knows it. Why take a risk that was already overcome? Wilder is #3. Beating him again brings nothing that is real.

Tries to be? They've been for decades and their rankings are still widely used even if their credibility isn't what it used to be. What's keeping them afloat is new leadership (Fischer). Their image is definitely tarnished and Oscar buying The Ring wasn't seen as a positive but they've been pioneers in many areas. You do realize that the first formal international boxing Hall of Fame was The Ring's, right? When they abandoned their Hall in 1988 the International Boxing Hall of Fame took 90% of their HOF members and absorbed them into their own to get their kickstart. Ring Magazine's Boxing Hall of Fame

This isn't a groupthink problem. You must personally be prepared to wage an unholy war (lol) against the industry because most of the world boxing media disagrees with you strongly on this subject! Attack the source and burn them all if necessary, I get it. I suppose it's now your cue to criticize the TBRB next for the simple fact that they oppose you, too. These statements in particular don't jive at all with your pro-Wilder agenda.
  • Fury-Wilder was no draw. Two of the judges got it wrong and the Board acknowledges what the world does - most of us strongly believe an injustice was done to Fury.
  • Fury was #8 and Wilder #2 when they fought to an official draw. The Board considered it a bad draw and ranked them accordingly. Fury is now #2 (though several members argued he should be #1) and Wilder is #3.
  • Fury should put off fighting Wilder again. He already beat him and most everyone on the planet knows it. Why take a risk that was already overcome? Wilder is #3. Beating him again brings nothing that is real.

Before I turn in my RBR, I just want to say I respect you and your contribution to this forum. Great poster. I just talk shit with y'all because I love this sport, but admittedly I am not a boxer or ever was. Just a viewer and I WILL be truthful and nonbiased in my review of the fight.

And I will add that I was one of the guys hyping the matchup as a truly competitive one when many on forum had already written Fury off. I said he was the true Lineal, would come back fine as his style indicated he never needed to be in top form as he knew all the steps, and that Wilder would have a terrible time trying to find the button. Many here said Fury would never come back same after blimping up and succumbing to drugs and depression. You can find my posts saying so too, although my initial reaction may have been different, I definitely reflected on the matter and decided Fury would be a true challenge and give Wilder a serious fight no matter how rusty.

Says me that is correct.

You wouldn't see Wilder getting bashed around by otto wallin. Fury has had two fights in his life that are considered great results, and both of them he mounted near zero offense. The rest of his fights he looks OK to average. As opposed to Wilder who continuously, like clockwork starches guys and leaves them in a twisted heap on the canvas

Fury is dull as hell. Just because Fury leans back and slips a few shots that makes him some master boxer? Give me a break

You don't understand what you're watching that's all. You have your rigid autistic way of thinking too so you are stuck.

I can't help your shit role of the genetic dice, you will just have to deal with it the best you can

Wallin did better vs fury than wilder did

Wallin did better vs fury than wilder did

No he didn't

Wallin lost and Wilder drew

The boxing grand master, Fury, struggling with Otto Wallin eh, doesn't bode well for the Wilder fight

No he didn't

Wallin lost and Wilder drew

The boxing grand master, Fury, struggling with Otto Wallin eh, doesn't bode well for the Wilder fight

That was the bought judges said but it's obvious to the trained eye that Otto gave fury more problems than wilder did. You're gonna bring up the knockdowns but they are extremely overrated.

Back