Never forget that Fury embarrassed Wilder for 99% of their fight and got robbed

Isn't that the way wilder fights? He loses and does nothing then boom goes the laser punch and youre dead.

I love watching the same people from the Heavies who bash Jones for his failed test, then come to this forum and suck Fury off even though he popped for PEDs and bash Wilder when he's the clean fighter.

God bless that racist hypocrisy.<BronTroll1>

I love watching the same people from the Heavies who bash Jones for his failed test, then come to this forum and suck Fury off even though he popped for PEDs and bash Wilder when he's the clean fighter.

God bless that racist hypocrisy.<BronTroll1>

Guess what , I'm a fan of both.

Am I missing something? Didnt you yourself already answer that question?
None of them were as bad as Fury, it was examples of people “going out” and continuing.

Completely unconscious yet Fury got up and won the rest of the round. It was an absolutely shameful robbery, completely corrupt decision and I think almost everybody agrees with this fact apart from the nuthuggers who refuse to believe that their guy actually lost. Wilder is a beast and probably my favourite boxer today but that was a clear decision loss, anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong

Boxing has actually got a lot of decisions wrong in the last couple of years...

I thought GGG was robbed against Canelo.
Kovalev was robbed in the first fight against Ward as well I think.

Theres a few more that I can't think of right now.

Callum Smith v John Ryder just happened for the Super WBA and The Ring Super Middleweight titles. I haven't rewatched it, but it seemed pretty horrendous at the time.

Completely unconscious yet Fury got up and won the rest of the round. It was an absolutely shameful robbery, completely corrupt decision and I think almost everybody agrees with this fact apart from the nuthuggers who refuse to believe that their guy actually lost. Wilder is a beast and probably my favourite boxer today but that was a clear decision loss, anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong

it was a gift that fury got a count at all after that knockdown.

it could’ve easily been waved off.

Pacquiao Bradley 1 was a travesty of justice.

it was a gift that fury got a count at all after that knockdown.

it could’ve easily been waved off.
He got up and won the rest of the round though so obviously he wasn't actually knocked out. It would have been a mistake if it was called off there and then

Close fights decided by a round or two arent robberies.

He got up and won the rest of the round though so obviously he wasn't actually knocked out. It would have been a mistake if it was called off there and then

he showed great recovery, no doubt. but that was the kind of knockdown that could’ve easily been a stoppage. especially with all the deaths lately.

The referee picks up the count from a ringside official or in some arenas there are like clapper things that give the ref the count

Some guys count slightly faster than others but all refs and umps in baseball and basketball have slightly different ways of calling their strike zones and in bball some have extremely short fuses to give out technical fouls like Joey Crawford back in the day

And now the NBA has a challenging process on foul calls. Baseball has the electronic strike zone for viewers to hold umpires accountable. There should be an independent commission that grades judges based on their scoring reflecting round-by-round statistics, and there should be a standardized 10 count. We aren't in the 1880's anymore. These things don't romanticize the sport, the marginalize it.

Stop watching boxing, it's obviously too violent for you! The ref elected to give him the full ten and Fury got back up by ten and then wobbled Wilder after. But still you'll claim it was the wrong decision. Wilder fanboys are a joke.

Nah. I'm not mad about it because we get the rematch. Just commenting that fights have been waved off for less. And this should be commonly accepted. People say Wilder got a lucky draw, and in that same sentiment, Fury is lucky the fight wasn't called. Although the draw was a fine score when you review the fight round by round.

And now the NBA has a challenging process on foul calls. Baseball has the electronic strike zone for viewers to hold umpires accountable. There should be an independent commission that grades judges based on their scoring reflecting round-by-round statistics, and there should be a standardized 10 count. We aren't in the 1880's anymore. These things don't romanticize the sport, the marginalize it.
The mlb strike zone is the same as it's always been. The kzone is like compubox...it's just a bullshit guessing game by a guy in a press box. And challenge flags in nba don't do anything. They're almost always subjective calls. Nfl is worse than nba in that department.

The 10 count in boxing is standardized...it's fine. Perfection is impossible, sometimes there will be cases where the ref has to use judgement.

The mlb strike zone is the same as it's always been. The kzone is like compubox...it's just a bullshit guessing game by a guy in a press box. And challenge flags in nba don't do anything. They're almost always subjective calls. Nfl is worse than nba in that department.

The 10 count in boxing is standardized...it's fine. Perfection is impossible, sometimes there will be cases where the ref has to use judgement.

All of these technological implementations have improved competition through accuracy. It's curmudgeonly to throw our hands up and say "This sport that is known worldwide for its subjectivity and corruption cannot be improved by modern resources and technology."

The 10-count should be standardized with a "down by contact" measurement determined by replay review that begins the 10-count. It's truer to the fighters and the sport. Should boxing have been a recently invented sport, it's fair to assume this would be common practice. It would seem silly to judge wins and losses at the highest level by one person's arbitrarily paced count.

Review of the judges is far more interesting in my opinion. It's a trickier problem but there's certainly ways to quantify scoring criteria and only the most accountable judges should be selected for high-profile fights.

All of these technological implementations have improved competition through accuracy. It's curmudgeonly to throw our hands up and say "This sport that is known worldwide for its subjectivity and corruption cannot be improved by modern resources and technology."

The 10-count should be standardized with a "down by contact" measurement determined by replay review that begins the 10-count. It's truer to the fighters and the sport. Should boxing have been a recently invented sport, it's fair to assume this would be common practice. It would seem silly to judge wins and losses at the highest level by one person's arbitrarily paced count.

Review of the judges is far more interesting in my opinion. It's a trickier problem but there's certainly ways to quantify scoring criteria and only the most accountable judges should be selected for high-profile fights.
To sort out the judges it's actually fairly easy, you have to make them accountable. Adelaide Byrd should never be allowed to judge another boxing event in her life but despite her many 'slips' she is allowed to continue being a judge for big events. The powers that be need to fucking act, it's really that easy.

The thing that I don't really get about the controversy is that in I think every sanctioning body it's a ten count, not a ten second count. What really matters is the way the fighter reacts to the count when they're floored, not a strict ten seconds. The fighter knocked down is going to have some extra time while the ref checks them and restarts the action anyway.

One thing I'm sure of though is I don't want fight sports to have some retarded shit like football where everything stops indefinitely so some so yahoo can stick his head into a viewer to get fifty angles of instant replay.

Last edited:
The thing that I don't really get about the controversy is that in I think every sanctioning body it's a ten count, not a ten second count. What really matters is the way the fighter reacts to the count when they're floored, not a strict ten seconds. The fighter knocked down is going to have some extra time while the ref checks them and restarts the action anyway.

One thing I'm sure of though is I don't want fight sports to have some retarded shit like football where everything stops indefinitely so some so yahoo can stick his head into a viewer to get fifty angles of instant replay.

You can adjust the timer to 10 units of time that aren't individual seconds. Doesn't matter as long as it is standardized. In boxing there is rarely an issue of somebody beating the count or not beating the count. Replay need only be implemented as necessaru. Additionally, referees should have some form of medical certification and have the equipment to check for concussion symptoms post knockdown. Shouldn't take a doctor to test pupil dilation.

Like clockwork.

Back