Need help with my workout (Fighters)

deserve the right? its a free forum. if people don't like my questions than why bother replying?

Because you're wasting space on this forum. That's why. I wish forums didn't have post counts, then people wouldn't be compelled to start little mini-arguments.

0803or_z+motivational_posters+halloween.jpg

I'm competing in an amateur MMA fight in January and I want to be the best I can be. I understand training and sparring are a big part but I know the gym is as well.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, it looks like this
Monday -Chest/Tris/Abs
Tuesday - Back/Bi's
Wednesday - Legs/Abs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

Is there any types of workouts I should focus on these days, and any I should steer clear from?

you have it right with the chest/tris, back/bis, legs and shoulders split, but throwing "arms" in there makes no sense. functionally there is no reason to have just an arm work out as chest works your tris and back works your bis. i honestly never understood why people do that

Here's a lite version of my wrestling offseason routine

M: Squat, Full Clean, SOHP
T: Squat, Full Clean, Bench
W: Squat, Full Clean, Weighted Dips
T: Squat, Full Clean, Bench
F: Deadlift, or Deadlift supplementary(Rack pulls, deficits, shrugs etc.)

everyday end with a set of chinups and pull ups(15-20)
squats and cleans get you explosive and functional posterior chain strength, deadlift is kind of taxing on cns so I usually only pull once a month then do supplement exercises to improve my dl.

you should not do the same weighlifting exercise on back to back days

TIP for TS: You wanna be a fighter? Stop being so sensitive.

Otherwise, here you go, tough guy:

MONDAY: LSD, Sparring
TUESDAY: Hill Sprints, Skill Focus
WEDNESDAY: LSD, Sparring
THURSDAY: Wind Sprints, Skill Focus
FRIDAY: LSD, Sparring
SATURDAY: Hill Sprints, Skill Focus
SUNDAY: Rest

Have fun.

OP: Here is a genuine piece of advice, and it's not meant to insult you or bring you down, but it's the absolute truth:

No one is going to do the work for you. In anything. Ever. We *all* have full time jobs, girlfriends, wives, etc. However, we also take personal responsibility, and don't expect other people to take time out of their day to do the things that we're perfectly capable of doing on our own. You wouldn't ask someone else to wipe your ass because you're too busy, and you wouldn't ask someone else to do your homework because you're too busy. It's inconsiderate and downright lazy.

If being a fighter is really that important to you, you'll take the time to learn about what you're doing, not just copy what others are doing. Until you can take the initiative to actually go after what you want with 100% commitment, I suggest you shy away from the fight game. You're going to find yourself in the ring/cage with someone who DOES want to learn, and can do for themselves, and they are going to put a vicious beating on you.

You seam to think that everyone wants to insult you, but they don't. They want you to be better, most people around here just have thicker skin than you do. Not to mention once people made suggestions, *you* shit on them by saying you didn't think 3 times a week was enough. You wanted tried-and-true. You got tried-and-true. You rejected tried-and-true. No one can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

Look deep inside and ask yourself if this is something you want. If it is, man up, make sacrifices, and do it. If not, don't kid yourself. It will lead to a lot of pain.

OP: Here is a genuine piece of advice, and it's not meant to insult you or bring you down, but it's the absolute truth:

No one is going to do the work for you. In anything. Ever. We *all* have full time jobs, girlfriends, wives, etc. However, we also take personal responsibility, and don't expect other people to take time out of their day to do the things that we're perfectly capable of doing on our own. You wouldn't ask someone else to wipe your ass because you're too busy, and you wouldn't ask someone else to do your homework because you're too busy. It's inconsiderate and downright lazy.

If being a fighter is really that important to you, you'll take the time to learn about what you're doing, not just copy what others are doing. Until you can take the initiative to actually go after what you want with 100% commitment, I suggest you shy away from the fight game. You're going to find yourself in the ring/cage with someone who DOES want to learn, and can do for themselves, and they are going to put a vicious beating on you.

You seam to think that everyone wants to insult you, but they don't. They want you to be better, most people around here just have thicker skin than you do. Not to mention once people made suggestions, *you* shit on them by saying you didn't think 3 times a week was enough. You wanted tried-and-true. You got tried-and-true. You rejected tried-and-true. No one can help you if you don't want to help yourself.

Look deep inside and ask yourself if this is something you want. If it is, man up, make sacrifices, and do it. If not, don't kid yourself. It will lead to a lot of pain.

I love you. I really do. Marry me?

This and your previous post are ri-taaaaahded.

oh yeah cause it makes sense to have an "arms" day when bicep and tricep exercises do not go together at all. its better to pair a small muscle like bis/tris with bigger muscle groups (chest/back) and oh wait!!! chest works tris and back works bis, makes sense doesnt it...

are you one of those guys who goes to the gym once a week does arms and leaves?

That quote alone needs to be stickied.

oh yeah cause it makes sense to have an "arms" day when bicep and tricep exercises do not go together at all. its better to pair a small muscle like bis/tris with bigger muscle groups (chest/back) and oh wait!!! chest works tris and back works bis, makes sense doesnt it...

are you one of those guys who goes to the gym once a week does arms and leaves?

No you dummy. You said a BB program looks good for a fighter, and that's why post #1 was retarded and post #2 you said you shouldn't do the same exercises on back to back days, which is also retarded.

Misc-OhSnap_Bear.jpg

I'm competing in an amateur MMA fight in January and I want to be the best I can be. I understand training and sparring are a big part but I know the gym is as well.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, it looks like this
Monday -Chest/Tris/Abs
Tuesday - Back/Bi's
Wednesday - Legs/Abs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

Is there any types of workouts I should focus on these days, and any I should steer clear from?

Forget all that brah! All you need is Randy's Tower 200, a perfect push up, and of course..

shake_weight_for_men_screen_cap.jpg

No you dummy. You said a BB program looks good for a fighter, and that's why post #1 was retarded and post #2 you said you shouldn't do the same exercises on back to back days, which is also retarded.

ok yeah i get the whole broz training thing, but when youre fighting or wrestling/boxing/whatever you dont really have the time to sit there and break youre muscles down that bad while you are training.

chest/tris
back/bis
shoulders/traps/forearms
legs/lower back

name some exercises that dont fit into that split ^, there are not many and that is not a "bodybuilding" program, it is just a general weightlifting program. a lot of people assume there is this magical way of weightlifting for mma, when there are some core exercises, but really there is no set way to do it.

you realize by your "bodybuilding" standards, sean sherks program is for "bodybuilders" and not functional in mma...

ok yeah i get the whole broz training thing, but when youre fighting or wrestling/boxing/whatever you dont really have the time to sit there and break youre muscles down that bad while you are training.

chest/tris
back/bis
shoulders/traps/forearms
legs/lower back

name some exercises that dont fit into that split ^, there are not many and that is not a "bodybuilding" program, it is just a general weightlifting program.

A weight lifting program would be made up of weight lifting exercises. You just named a bunch of muscle groups. I think we're all in agreement that muscles should, in fact, be trained. How to train them seams to be the question.

Lifting heavy shit would be the answer.

Back