Need help with my workout (Fighters)

TAWS6

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm competing in an amateur MMA fight in January and I want to be the best I can be. I understand training and sparring are a big part but I know the gym is as well.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, it looks like this
Monday -Chest/Tris/Abs
Tuesday - Back/Bi's
Wednesday - Legs/Abs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

Is there any types of workouts I should focus on these days, and any I should steer clear from?

I'm competing in an amateur MMA fight in January and I want to be the best I can be. I understand training and sparring are a big part but I know the gym is as well.

I go to the gym 5 days a week, it looks like this
Monday -Chest/Tris/Abs
Tuesday - Back/Bi's
Wednesday - Legs/Abs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Arms

Is there any types of workouts I should focus on these days, and any I should steer clear from?

You're only doing arms three times a week and abs twice a week? I'm assuming you include tris and bi's as arms.

What if there's a photo shoot? How are you going to be famous and develop a fan base if you don't specialize in arms and abs? You'd look pretty silly in a poster with small arms and weak abs.

Do you want to be a fighter or upperbodybuilder?

Fighter, I posted my work out to get help. If you're going to criticize at least at some type of fucking assistance. The only reason I train arms again on Friday is to focus one day on mostly Tri's.

Here's a lite version of my wrestling offseason routine

M: Squat, Full Clean, SOHP
T: Squat, Full Clean, Bench
W: Squat, Full Clean, Weighted Dips
T: Squat, Full Clean, Bench
F: Deadlift, or Deadlift supplementary(Rack pulls, deficits, shrugs etc.)

everyday end with a set of chinups and pull ups(15-20)
squats and cleans get you explosive and functional posterior chain strength, deadlift is kind of taxing on cns so I usually only pull once a month then do supplement exercises to improve my dl.

Thanks Boxing Fan, that's a decent answer. So I don't want to train a body part per day type thing?

i've seen lots of different routines but everyone is completely different. I don't really have a big free space to do things in. I go to a gym at around 4:30/5 so it is sometimes kind of busy.

bro your way off you get stronger for mma by doing squats and deadlifts and heavy compound movements.

read the faq and do not post in this thread again until you have done so

Thanks Boxing Fan, that's a decent answer. So I don't want to train a body part per day type thing?

i've seen lots of different routines but everyone is completely different. I don't really have a big free space to do things in. I go to a gym at around 4:30/5 so it is sometimes kind of busy.

yeah i really only do isolation type exercises if I'm injured or in the midst of a heavy training camp

compound movements i've found had the most crossover to my wrestling/judo game than any kind of curls

shut up white belt.

Thanks boxing. As for Cardio, is there any specific type that people have found to be great for stamina and lasting in a fight? I hate the treadmil but I've been doing that for 30 minutes at intervals. usually 2 minutes sprint, 2 minute walk.

I see the strength and condition faq, but is there any workouts on here that I can follow. Like training routines for the gym laid out?

in the s&p forum belt level doesnt matter, just knowledge, of which you are demonstrating none.

in the faq there are sample workouts clearly listed, so that just proves you still haven't read it. I repeat, do not post in this thread again until you have completely read the FAQ

in the s&p forum belt level doesnt matter, just knowledge, of which you are demonstrating none.

in the faq there are sample workouts clearly listed, so that just proves you still haven't read it. I repeat, do not post in this thread again until you have completely read the FAQ

What he said. To make it easy for you though, google starting strength or stronglifts. All you ever do is post on the heavyweights forum so get rid of that ego.

no ego. I just don't want to read a shit load. Was kind of hoping someone could point me to a laid out program. I've gotten examples of workouts up the ying-tang. I'm looking for a Mon to Friday type deal.

And bro, did you register an account just to correct me?

Ok, would this be too much. I used to do the 20rep squat thing.

Monday
Bench Press
Flys
weighted Dips
Close grip pench press
push ups

Tuesday
Wide grip pull ups
Rows
Chin Ups
Dead lifts

Wednesday
Lots of Squats
Seated calve raise

Thursday
Over head press/db press
Front row raises

Friday
Dead lifts & Squats? or maybe a rest day.

Also, 30 minutes on treadmill doing interval training Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.

?

No one wants to help someone who won't help themselves. Read the FAQ and put together a logical, thought out workout, and then people will help.

Im more of an asker than a reader....lol

There's pretty much an identical thread from a year back with my name in the OP instead of yours.

Just do a Starting Strength program, and research correct form on all your lifts. You'll already be thanking me in 1-2 months.

You want to warm up with light weights and progress to a really heavy weight. Once you get the weight you need. Do this:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Press
5x3 Power cleans

Workouts A and B alternate on 3 non-consecutive days per week.

------------------------------

What I do.....

Monday
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Deadlift 3x5
Light Ab work

Wednesday

Pull Ups
Chin Ups
Dips
Frogstands etc.
Light Ab work
(May do squat also depending on how I feel)

Friday
Squat 5x5
OH press 5x5
Power Clean 5x5

----------------------------

I also have Judo on Tuesdays and Fridays so I get a little conditioning work, sprints, allot of core work, rotating etc. I may also do some skipping some bag work, or some light cardio on my recovery days. Nothing too strenuous.

Also may i add, learn correct form. Seriously. Also, eat, sleep, and drink (water & milk) as much as you can. 5 good meals a day.

Back