Need help with my workout (Fighters)

A weight lifting program would be made up of weight lifting exercises. You just named a bunch of muscle groups. I think we're all in agreement that muscles should, in fact, be trained. How to train them seams to be the question.

Lifting heavy shit would be the answer.

yes you lift heavy for strength which will also lead to explosiveness
and yeah i named muscle groups...certain exercises fall into those groups...
i dont name exercises because i switch them up every day. when you have a set routine of exercises is when you hit plateaus faster, i pick 4-5 different every day

but yes kyleinaction, that is the problem there is no set way to split lifting for mma, but some people on here are getting butthurt calling traditional lifting "bodybuilding", when it is really just for overall strength increases

yes you lift heavy for strength which will also lead to explosiveness
and yeah i named muscle groups...certain exercises fall into those groups...
i dont name exercises because i switch them up every day. when you have a set routine of exercises is when you hit plateaus faster, i pick 4-5 different every day

Wait... are you doing p90x? This whole thing sounds awfully familiar. If you don't do set exercises, then how do you know if you're making progress? How do you measure yourself?

Wait... are you doing p90x? This whole thing sounds awfully familiar. If you don't do set exercises, then how do you know if you're making progress? How do you measure yourself?

no i dont do p90x, but i still record progress
example: for chest/tris i will pick 3 chest exercises from a list of chest exercsies and 2 tricep exercises from a list of triceps exercises

no i dont do p90x, but i still record progress
example: for chest/tris i will pick 3 chest exercises from a list of chest exercsies and 2 tricep exercises from a list of triceps exercises

I'm trying really hard not to just facepalm and give up, man. How do you record progress? Example:

Last week I dl'd 315 x 5
This week I dl'd 320 x 5

Ah, progress! See how I am actually accountable to quantifiable data? Embarrassing data, sure. But that's how you measure things.

Edit For Post Below, Because This Conversation Doesn't Need To Be Anyone Elses Burden:

But how is any of that data relevant without any sort of measurable time-line? I'm not even sure why you need a catalog of exercises like you have. I suppose my point would be you can achieve better gains doing a lot less with a little more thought.

To be perfectly fair, I just think you're wrong. I think you're wrong for thinking you'll "plateau" if you don't constantly change exercises. I think you're wrong for recommending a bunch of curls to a noob and then saying it's his fault if he does them. I think you're wrong for thinking dips and sledgehammers, while useful, somehow replace a proper strength program. Just wrong wrong wrong.

Last edited:
I'm trying really hard not to just facepalm and give up, man. How do you record progress? Example:

Last week I dl'd 315 x 5
This week I dl'd 320 x 5

Ah, progress! See how I am actually accountable to quantifiable data? Embarrassing data, sure. But that's how you measure things.

i write it down???
just because you dont do the same exercise every time doesnt mean you cant record
say i do dips every other day and bench once i week i can still record
i dont know what to tell you here haha just because you dont do the same exercise every day doesnt mean you cant record it

Back