Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 fights - Beating McGoat? GTFO

Last win via decision and another win against Maynard who is on a 4 losing streak...

Nate's 3 losses were to: Josh Thompson, RDA and Henderson...

He's going to be a HUGE underdog. And some of you legit think he's going to knockout McGregor?

Not a smart bet to make imho.

He is hard to predict. He looks so terribly average and gets picked apart some fights. Then a fight or two later he beats the hell out of a great fighter like Cerrone.

How much would PayPal fees be?

for $500 you'd be looking at $15-20 (estimate) for each transaction.

btw, do mods actually not mind holding onto $1k from two members? If were a mod I'd not want to get involved.

for $500 you'd be looking at $15-20 (estimate) for each transaction.

btw, do mods actually not mind holding onto $1k from two members?
I'm fine with recieving 480

I should probably set up a PayPal account

As much as I like to crap on Kebab fans, and talk about how irrelevant he is, that would have been a better fight than this.

This fight is pointless.

He looked very good and improved in his last fight against a top opponent.
He's not the favourite but this is very different from any FW fight.

God sherdog has gone downhill since I ever started coming here. Losses to top guys in the division and all these scrubs can do is try their best to make a good fighter looks as bad as possible. People like you really disgust me, calling yourself MMA fans.

Atleast Connor still has his little 145 belt…

Nate by TKO.

Nate is the clear underdog.

It would not shock me in the least if he won, though.

I'm pretty disappointed, was hoping for a good match up and imo nate is more of a gatekeeper and not championship caliber. If he had fought nick that would be interesting. Pettis would have been good. Aldo or edgar would have been good too if they were willing to fight.

Nate can try and take the fight to the ground and get a sub. If not, he's getting knocked out. Nate has boxing and very good BJJ with great submissions but his takedowns aren't going to be good enough. He's hardly a boxer but he knows how to use his reach and his hands. However, he's about to fight a far superior boxer and a harder hitter (puncher) in McGregor with far better footwork and a complete striking game. Nate supposedly has a 76" wingspan and McGregor's is supposedly 74". We'll see soon enough but that isn't a very large reach advantage and Nate isn't much of an athletic specimen.

Conor is the harder puncher and has the better footwork, for sure. But Nate has the better hands.

Last win via decision and another win against Maynard who is on a 4 losing streak...

Nate's 3 losses were to: Josh Thompson, RDA and Henderson...

He's going to be a HUGE underdog. And some of you legit think he's going to knockout McGregor?

Not a smart bet to make imho.
Those 3 losses are fantastic fighters though....

He looked very good and improved in his last fight against a top opponent.
He's not the favourite but this is very different from any FW fight.

I'd give Diaz a good chance if he was in fight shape. I just can't imagine he's going to be. That's why I would have picked Cerrone. He just completed a full camp. If Diaz had been preparing for someone then I'd be all for this fight.

Conor is the harder puncher and has the better footwork, for sure. But Nate has the better hands.

Uh, Nate absolutely does not have the better hands. He's a brawler with limited technical ability and limited shot selection compared to Conor. Out of all of the high level amateur and some pro boxers I've heard talk about MMA fighters, only a handful have talked about who would be successful in the ring, and McGregor's name was always brought up. Whether it was Mickey Ward talking about it or an Olympic bronze medalist at Mayweather Boxing Club. Nate has been Andre Ward's sparring partner before but he knows neither one of the Diaz brothers would make it far in boxing because they're far from being pure boxers and neither is even a puncher (McGregor is a boxer-puncher). They're scrappers that punch with volume and use their range to overwhelm.

McGregor can fight on the inside and the outside very well, off the back foot, anywhere whether he's leading or countering and he can string together slick combinations that actually hurt his opponents to the head and body.

Back