Nate has lost 3 of his last 5 fights - Beating McGoat? GTFO

Uh, Nate absolutely does not have the better hands. He's a brawler with limited technical ability and limited shot selection compared to Conor. Out of all of the high level amateur and some pro boxers I've heard talk about MMA fighters, only a handful have talked about who would be successful in the ring, and McGregor's name was always brought up. Whether it was Mickey Ward talking about it or an Olympic bronze medalist at Mayweather Boxing Club. Nate has been Andre Ward's sparring partner before but he knows neither one of the Diaz brothers would make it far in boxing because they're far from being pure boxers and neither is even a puncher (McGregor is a boxer-puncher). They're scrappers that punch with volume and use their range to overwhelm.

McGregor can fight on the inside and the outside very well, off the back foot, anywhere whether he's leading or countering and he can string together slick combinations that actually hurt his opponents to the head and body.

Conor wouldn't go very much farther in boxing than either of the Diaz brothers, but that isn't the point.

The point is that while overall Conor has more weapons and better tools than Nate, including much harder shots and much better footwork (which, I will admit, make him the better overall boxer), Nate has better hands.

EssentialZanyFlycatcher.gif

4.gif

attachment.php

tumblr_nzmwu6jveh1rofocqo1_500.gif

Conor wouldn't go very much farther in boxing than either of the Diaz brothers, but that isn't the point.

The point is that while overall Conor has more weapons and better tools than Nate, including much harder shots and much better footwork (which, I will admit, make him the better overall boxer), Nate has better hands.

EssentialZanyFlycatcher.gif

4.gif

attachment.php

tumblr_nzmwu6jveh1rofocqo1_500.gif

You're speculating about Conor, he could go much further, but being a world champion in any major organization at this point is out of the question. Many high level amateur and pros have given kudos to Conor's boxing ability, especially for an MMA fighter. Nate wouldn't have enough fast twitch muscle to beat a top 100 guy. He's just that slow, his shots lack pop (snap), and he's not heavy handed. His footwork just isn't there, he doesn't really understand distance well, his range control is certainly not very good and his timing isn't on Conor's level. His shot selection consists of the same old 1-2's, time and time again, like most MMA fighters. Nate doesn't even have good fundamentals, and therein lies the problem. He needs to learn how to enter and exit on angles because he squares himself up to his opponents often, including in some of your GIFs. As a result, he gets hit. What makes it worse is that none of these guys besides Johnson have decent hands (by "decent" that is for MMA).

I'm not even going to mention Nate's posture and how horrible it is. Look at Conor's and compare it to Nate's when they punch. Look at their mechanics and technique, foot positioning and so forth. There's a world of difference.

likewise. Btw, why are you so confident about Nate?

Styles make fights I think nate has a style that can beat Conor

The reach the jiu-jitsu the body shots the size

You're speculating about Conor, he could go much further, but being a world champion in any major organization at this point is out of the question. Many high level amateur and pros have given kudos to Conor's boxing ability, especially for an MMA fighter. Nate wouldn't have enough fast twitch muscle to beat a top 100 guy. He's just that slow, his shots lack pop (snap), and he's not heavy handed. His footwork just isn't there, he doesn't really understand distance well, his range control is certainly not very good and his timing isn't on Conor's level. His shot selection consists of the same old 1-2's, time and time again, like most MMA fighters. Nate doesn't even have good fundamentals, and therein lies the problem. He needs to learn how to enter and exit on angles because he squares himself up to his opponents often, including in some of your GIFs. As a result, he gets hit. What makes it worse is that none of these guys besides Johnson have decent hands (by "decent" that is for MMA).

I'm not even going to mention Nate's posture and how horrible it is. Look at Conor's and compare it to Nate's when they punch. Look at their mechanics and technique, foot positioning and so forth. There's a world of difference.

What MMA fights have you been watching?

I remember thinking when watching Nate vs Johnson "wow nobody throws 1-2's like this over and over, and he's being really successful with it".

I thought the problem most pro boxers have with MMA striking was the lack of straight punches, the exact opposite of what you ae saying.

Just remember - Conor has never faced someone with a longer reach than him

Who is also way taller and a volume striker with cardio for days...

We'll see how it works.. McG should be and is a big favorite for many reason ( the betting lines are even too much in his favor imo as there are many question marks ) but Nate Diaz is no pushover especially in a fight that will take place 95% standing...
If his cardio is not too bad he'll give McG a fucking fight
I can acually see him being McG most contested fight in the UFC by a landslide (that's if Diaz doesn't gas too fast )

Why are people not talking about how good Nate's bjj is,lol.
If Nate wins,I see it being with a sub

Last win via decision and another win against Maynard who is on a 4 losing streak...

Nate's 3 losses were to: Josh Thompson, RDA and Henderson...

He's going to be a HUGE underdog. And some of you legit think he's going to knockout McGregor?

Not a smart bet to make imho.
You don't analyze matchups based on a 5 second Wikipedia search. Just pathetic.

If you did your research you would know that Nate Diaz didn't have a proper training camp when he lost to Thompson and RDA. Look at what he did to Johnson and tell me that he won't bitch slap McGregor like a red headed step child
He's not going to have a proper training camp this time around ether

Unlike you I have a job and disposable income
and yet you both went oh i have to pay 20 bucks in fees and oh i need to have paypal. Lol. Sit down. He s right.

I think conors only chance is to kick his legs to try and outpoint him and i havent seen conor use leg kicks a whole lot. No way he finishes Nate.

Nate isnt a big guy so itll be nice for people to see how different its going to be to see conor tangle with someone 2 classes above his real class.

Styles make fights I think nate has a style that can beat Conor

The reach the jiu-jitsu the body shots the size

You can bet me for $500 us and get a $480 return or you can use any gambling site and get a $2000 return with 4:1 odds.

You can bet me for $500 us and get a $480 return or you can use any gambling site and get a $2000 return with 4:1 odds.
So we're still on

We'll work out the logistics after

Last win via decision and another win against Maynard who is on a 4 losing streak...

Nate's 3 losses were to: Josh Thompson, RDA and Henderson...

He's going to be a HUGE underdog. And some of you legit think he's going to knockout McGregor?

Not a smart bet to make imho.
wow you're really going out on a limb here

holy shit you are brave. how do you do it? what's your secret?

As much as I would like to see Nate squeeze Conor into submission forget the KO 4 career KO's in 18 fights I don't see it happening. Nate was selected for one reason he's the most beatable of all who threw their gloves into the ring and he has a strong fan support to sell tickets & ppv this fight is now a exhibition for Conor, I woild love for Nate to throw a wrench in the works but I wouldn't bet on it.

Unlike you I have a job and disposable income

Fight is in two weeks. Post some evidence that this bet is for real.

Unless you are too busy making all of your vast disposable income cleaning out the inkjets at fucking Kinko's.

Of course, why do you think they picked Diaz to fight him? It's easiest fight out of the people out there

Back