Nate Diaz is overrated as hell

Conor is gonna be the next Lyoto Machida once one guy figured him out everybody else did too

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch

But then he actually beat conor..so..what does that make conor.
Remember, nate didnt have a training camp really, we know for sure he didnt spar so......now what?

Since then, Nate has actually started checking.
He checked Johnson hard and he stopped throwing the kicks.
Checked Conor once, Conor stopped using the kicks.
Keep an eye out, Nates getting a little smarter in the cage.
His movement was a lot better too

Lets all put in a buck each and buy ts a hooker
6KVDg.jpg

Most people rate him as a bottom to mid top-10 LW which is just about where he's always been. How is that overrated?

Last edited:
It's actually a great move, no idea why it's attributed to Stockton.

Boxers do it all the time to score points, open hand vs. a fist gives you a few more inches of reach.
And it's demoralizing as hell and if you have heavy hands, it's gonna be felt.

Neither Nick or Nate are overrated. They both can box, take shots like the best of them and have legit BJJ. Both constantly get co-main and main event spots in which ever promotion, or a ranked opponent. And they tend to do well. For 10 years or more. Think about it, how many guys from the early TUF's are seen as live dogs against top contenders nowadays. Not many.

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch

Conor has fought at LW before.

Conor weighed in at 168 against Nate. He spent a whole training camp preparing to fight at 155. Exactly how much do you think he would have weighed on fight night against RDA after making the water cut and then rehydrating? The 165 range sounds about right to me. I don't buy this "extra weight" excuse.

In reality Conor was fighting at LW without making the cut and then rehydrating. WWs weigh considerably more than 168 on fight night.

Hardly overrated. I don't see many people expecting him to be champion. He beat one of the biggest names ever with no camp, so he has some hype, but nobody is calling him the GOAT.

So many time since Conor vs Nate 1, and the butthurt never end..

butthurt.gif

I always have to wonder if these threads are literally just trolling fodder made to stir up all the 'Conor Masturbationists' vs the 'Nate I'm Not Surprised Motherfuckers' or is someone actually thinks Nate is 'overrated'...

He is not and never has been overrated, and before the Conor fight one could say that he was overwhelmingly underrated and continued to be living under his brothers shadow.

I will concede that Conor's popularity, and subsequent loss did promote and propel Nate further into the lime light, but I hardly think it gave him the prestige of now being overrated. He's just finally being noticed for more than being nicks little brother.

Nate is a problem for anyone he's in there with, he may never be a top 3 kinda guy, but more often than not he will give that top 3 a serious challenge. (at 155 - he's not sauced enough to be comfortable at WW)

What does that say about Conor then?

Conor gassed because he didn't have to cut weight?
That's a new one.

Hahaha... yeah and he was fighting a guy who didn't have a training camp. It's ridiculous people still make excuses for Conor.

"Overrated as hell" Tell me, how do you REALLY feel about Nate Diaz? :)

He was rated number 8 LW before his fight with Conor. The UFC boosted him to 5 to make it seem more legit. How can number 8 realistically be either over or under rated.

Stop this fucking nonsense.

Wouldn't the guy he beat have to be about the most over rated guy ever, though ? Especially if he lost to a guy " overrated as hell " ?

Didn't think this through too well did you ?

tumblr_inline_mwqv5uSEbc1rom0i2.gif

Overrated by whom? I don't see anybody here saying that Nate is the best fighter in the world.

If you want to make it sound like you know what you're talking about, say that fighter x is overrated/underrated.

You think a fighter can only be overrated if he's called the best in the world? You don't think something less extreme can still be considered overrating him?

Prepare to get laughed at once fight number two happens. Diaz is going to toy with your boy Conor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back