Nate Diaz is overrated as hell

You think a fighter can only be overrated if he's called the best in the world? You don't think something less extreme can still be considered overrating him?

Who.

Who is overrating him and how are they overrating him? Can anyone answer this question?

If anything he's extremely underrated

It's people like the OP that mean that somehow Conor is favourite for the rematch which is a good thing.

a1243ccd67932a02f2bddc03cf5ad904.jpg

So Conor beats Aldo and hes still overrated?

If you bought some unbeatable mystique then your dumb.

Nate is a bad style match up for Conor but he will get passed it.

Nate on the other hand will never be a champion.

Nobody actually rates him as one of the best fighters in the world though

It's people like the OP that mean that somehow Conor is favourite for the rematch which is a good thing.
Well Conor is still insanely good. Nate rolled well with punches in the first one but one wrong move and the chin can definitely crack.

It still amazes me how some of these threads are given the time of day.

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch

So you don't see how the guy who just choked out and submitted Conor could win the rematch? Only on fucking Sherdog.

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch
Haha Conor dickriderz are hilarious.

So if diaz is overrated well then conor is nothing but a bum.

Well Conor is still insanely good. Nate rolled well with punches in the first one but one wrong move and the chin can definitely crack.

No doubt, Conor is probably the best featherweight out there, not sure what he has to prove at welter though, would be like Rory trying to fight Anthony Johnson.

What "World Class" Jitz competitions has Nate done well in?

He submitted 11 opponents in his pro MMA career with armlocks, (flying) triangle chokes, guillotine chokes, armbars and the notorious rear-naked choke.
He is a black belt under Ceasar Gracie.
Taking part and doing well in BJJ World Championships doesn't guarantee that someone who didn't can't break your arm. See Nog vs Mir.

Thanks man for that absolutely terrific breakdown of Nate diaz who at odds 2.10 clearly is overrated and he simply just has no other striking techniques than boxing, and he´s slow indeed.
Do you got a link to your podcast? I can you´re a white belt sherdogger, so thats very good.
Also about you not seeing how he wins in a rematch? Tune in to see it live at the event when we get there thats the best chance if he manages to.
But really give me that podcast breakdown of yours, because you just nailed Nate dias style in those two sentences of yours. that takes skill to analyze a fighter and be able to compress it into just two lines. So either you´re a natural talent and has a good eye for spotting weaknesses and strengths,that or you´re a complete moron, one of the two. But lets go with the first for now.

I think his boxing is way overrated.
Overall though, where is he rated? People don't talk about him like he is the best fighter ever. He has a decent record but not amazing. He has always fought the best guys.
Give him a little credit
Agree, he's fighting tough competition for 10 years in the UFC and during that time he was ranked between Top 5, Top 10 and in between not ranked at all.
That's a fair assessment, it's not like they rank him Top 10 P4P or something.
And as far as the fans are concerned, he has fanboys as well as haters (see thread).
However I see a certain tendency that people are overreacting to his fights in one or the other direciton, if he doesn't look good people act as if he sucks and should be cut and not be ranked etc and if he wins people go a bit crazy.

No doubt, Conor is probably the best featherweight out there, not sure what he has to prove at welter though, would be like Rory trying to fight Anthony Johnson.

Cause he's badass and wants to avenge the loss. it's pretty refreshing. Like when Penn went up to fight Hughes. Don't get much of that these days.

Nate Diaz has earned his reputation and has had more success in his career than most fighters for one simple reason. He's good and he wins often.

Sure he's not some GOAT... but he's always been at the top of the heap and his track record speaks for itself.

Back