Nate Diaz is overrated as hell

Overrated by some, underrated by others...

Kinda like all fighters really

stockton slap is overrated
stocktonslap.gif

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch

"Overrated" is a buzzword that people often use to mask their jealousy.

The word itself basically says nothing...

The fact alone that Nate stole Conor's soul is legend.

I'm not sure about over rated, maybe now that he beat Conor he is seen as the second coming on here by Conor haters, which i suppose is fine. Truth is he is a very tough skillful dude but never expanded his arsenal beyond boxing/jits but his boxing and jits (especially jits is fantastic). So for someone like McGregor he is a very tough nut to crack, styles make fights.

Dos Anjos beat the shit out of him kicking his exposed leg all the time
Yeah he did beat a fat, out of shape Nate. Nate that showed up to fight Johnson would be a much better fight.

Overrated? Perhaps, but he is fighting the poster boy for casual PPV buys so thats the norm.

But Conor gas'd?! Everyone gasses when you start getting hit in the head with clean shots.

The 170 idea causing the gassing, absolutely silly, if anything it would give him a huge no cut cardio advantage over any of his previous fights.

...so much wrong.

If an overrated guy beats an overrated guy in the middle of the forest and know one is there to see it, does it make a sound?

He just has some good boxing but no other striking techniques he is slow and he was getting beat bad by conor in the first round Conor just gassed out cause he was his first time fighting at 170 I don't see how he wins in the rematch

he's not overrated - no one says he's GOAT. but , this is what he has:

1. top tier bjj, training since he was little (so its a part of him)
2. decent boxing
3. solid chin
4. top tier cardio - diaz bro's run marathons for fun

add to that he's entertaining and likes to fight, and understands the fight game.

conor lost because of 2-4 above.

No I think most people put him were he belongs Top 5 at LW. Could still be champ one day but he always struggles with certain stylistic fighters.

Nate has many holes in his game, but he is far from overrated. With arguably one of the most durable/best chins in the sport, endless cardio and very good jiu-jitsu skills, he's as tough as they come.

Yeah he's only smoked McGregor and Cerrone. There's clearly no substance to the guy, beating up on jobbers like those two.

Ffs.

Yeah he did beat a fat, out of shape Nate. Nate that showed up to fight Johnson would be a much better fight.
Since then, Nate has actually started checking.
He checked Johnson hard and he stopped throwing the kicks.
Checked Conor once, Conor stopped using the kicks.
Keep an eye out, Nates getting a little smarter in the cage.

I realize this is a troll thread, but just one time I want to see these supposed people who overrate Diaz, and see how they overrate him.

Back