Name A Word You Can't Stand

Also all of the pr corporate talk you hear regular people using now. If you're not the head of hr don't say shit is problematic or we have to use active listening to maintain engagement. It doesn't make you sound smart, it makes you sound like you like getting spit roasted by that corporate dick.

preggers, meal, nourishment, intersectional, cis

Normalcy. Can't stand it. It's like you're TRYING to sound learned or educated by using this word. Just use normality. It sounds so much better.

Here's another one. Copacetic. Why can't you just use "good" or "great"? This one guy I worked with used it and I had to look it up.
Normalcy is more efficient than normality

Outside of bae & irregardless, there's no word that comes to mind that irks me in particular. Words that annoy me tend to be based on the context with which they're used, such as if someone says "like" 46x a minute. I knew someone who would say "literally" constantly and even had the audacity to "correct" other's grammar.

<{cruzshake}>

"Imma bout"

When I hear someone say this I AM ABOUT to plant my knuckles in someone's chin.
It sounds like someone beat me to it however.

Not counting buzz words like cuck, cringe, etc., I despise the word yummy. Especially if said by another male, deserves the death penalty imo.
I'm with you on that.
Food is good. Delicious even. As soon as I hear the word 'yummy' come out of your mouth, I instantly lose respect for you. Man, woman, or child (especially man though).

"That was so yummy!" makes me want to slap a person. It's bad.

I won't even get into shit like 'Nummers!'. I'd be willing to end a friendship over it. Fucking gross.

Last edited:
I'll give you several...

"In these UNCERTAIN, UNPRECEDENTED, CHALLENGING, TRYING times, etc ad nauseum

I don't know of any words that really bother me, it's more the context or who is saying it.

On a related note I have started clapping my hands in time with my words when I want to enunciate. As a middle aged white male, the reactions I get from people are satisfying.

Been seeing loads of people use the word “ion” instead of “I don’t like”. It just sounds so stupid :mad:

One of my MBA classmates used "loquacious" in a group talk, she seemed intelligent so I thought it was just her vocab. Turns out she was dumb and I reckon it was her word of the week or something, she used it in our next group presentation as well.

I'm with you on that.
Food is good. Delicious even. As soon as I hear the word 'yummy' come out of your mouth, I instantly lose respect for you. Man, woman, or child (especially man though).

"That was so yummy!" makes me want to slap a person. It's bad.

I won't even get into shit like 'Nummers!'. I'd be willing to end a friendship over it. Fucking gross.

{<redford}

“this” “that” “or” “the” “other” consecutively

Back