My wife's dog keeps chewing up my stuff.

"honey; why didn't you tell me we had plumbing problems? i could've have taken care of that."

"sorry, babe; i needed a...professional."

this thing writes itself :D

"and is what Lassie? is ... licking ... legs ... and ... tearing ... my ... shit ... up ... behind my back?"

the fact you are calling it "her" dog paints enough of a picture. It's your dog whether she brought it in to the house or not.

Also no you don't need a dog whisperer or obedience school. A lot of dogs chew on stuff. Are you buying it bones and chew toys?

Also if you know it's chewing stuff up why are you leaving stuff where it can get to it?

My boxer chewed up absolutely everything it's first 6 months but they calm down a lot after the first year.

Also have you got it fixed yet?

"and is what Lassie? is ... licking ... legs ... and ... tearing ... my ... shit ... up ... behind my back?"

"you brought another dog in here too!? great. it'd better not start humping everything in sight."

That's only because he is tired of mounting you. The dog wants you out of the picture.

TS, I can see why you're mad after reading the thread. It's her dog, she's home all day, she guards her stuff from the dog, but lets it destroy everything else. That's pretty shitty.

Having said that, this is one of the easiest situations in the world man, how would you possibly think about taking your kids and leaving your wife over it??

The dog is a puppy, train it with consistency and it will learn.

Talk to your wife and tell her how you feel. Be honest man. Being honest doesn't mean yelling and screaming either.

They're just material possessions, your relationship with your family is far more important and that dog is a part of your family.

Really seems like other things are playing a part in your frustration.

TS, I can see why you're mad after reading the thread. It's her dog, she's home all day, she guards her stuff from the dog, but lets it destroy everything else. That's pretty shitty.

Having said that, this is one of the easiest situations in the world man, how would you possibly think about taking your kids and leaving your wife over it??

The dog is a puppy, train it with consistency and it will learn.

Talk to your wife and tell her how you feel. Be honest man. Being honest doesn't mean yelling and screaming either.

They're just material possessions, your relationship with your family is far more important and that dog is a part of your family.

Really seems like other things are playing a part in your frustration.

the wife wouldn't let the dog chew up her family's stuff if she wasn't mad at them about something. maybe that's her was of saying "pick up your sh't. i'm not your maid." :eek:

the wife wouldn't let the dog chew up her family's stuff if she wasn't mad at them about something. maybe that's her was of saying "pick up your sh't. i'm not your maid." :eek:

Yeah good point. I bet you're right too.

Tell the wife and kids to train it or get rid of it.

Make the kids take the dog outside to run and play. Give the dig a few chew toys of it's own.

What breed?

Dogs are stupid animals. Don't let them ruin your quality of life. Get rid of it.

A PS3 controller, three Xbox 360 controllers, my shoes, the remote to the TV, the trim around our bedroom door. My kids aren't very good at putting the controllers up so that is in part their fault. But this is becoming a big issue. The dog is only 6 months old but she is very large and I don't want her in the house anymore. My wife says she's too young to be outside fulltime. My wife isn't going to replace or repair any of this, that's just the way she is but I'm furious. My wife doesn't work so she has no excuse for letting the dog destroy things while I'm at work all day. I'm really thinking of giving her an ultimatum, the dog goes or I do.

Just kill the dog and say it ran away. Problem solved.

Dogs are stupid animals. Don't let them ruin your quality of life. Get rid of it.

Actually Border Collies and Wolves are more intelligent than chimps in some ways. Hell, they're more intelligent than humans in some ways.

This is a training issue. If your wife does not work and cannot train or supervise the dog you should give it away.

Also LOL at "my wife's dog". That's your dog too.

I have a 9 month old Doberman. She's been outside since she was 4 months due to the chewing and destroying shit. Puppies are extremely hard to train due to their high energy and compulsion to chew everything.

I have a solution for this, it works sometimes but not always, wasabi paste. Put that shit on things you think the dog is going to chew on when you are away, after a few times dog won't chew on anything its not given (in most cases).

Sorry to say this, but get rid of the dog. If you're wife is not responsible enough to discipline or teach the dog that chewing on your stuff is not acceptable, then you might as well nip this in the bud now.

If you're wife is going to be bitter about that, well then make sure she understands how you feel about her letting the dog act out without repercussion. If she still doesn't get it then quite frankly your wife is an ass.

your dildo got chewed didn't it TS?

For real though get rid of the dog or spray some shit over all your items which I wouldn't recommend.

Back