My wife's dog keeps chewing up my stuff.

have you tried reasoning with the dog? maybe told the dog you dont appreciate the way it chews your things and that it hurts you feelings that your boundries arent being respected?

lol idk what being an adult had to do with anything. sometimes people leave things sitting around, doesn't mean they should have to come home and find it ruined or chewed up. sure the kids can be more responsible, but so can his wife in this situation.

Well if you pay for your own stuff, you began to appreciate it a bit more? So if I lost my phone, there would be no one to buy me a new one, so I am being more responsible and careful. I'm not really blaming the kids, kids are kids.

And I am with you in the: wife should be more responsible - thing.

Well if you pay for your own stuff, you began to appreciate it a bit more? So if I lost my phone, there would be no one to buy me a new one, so I am being more responsible and careful. I'm not really blaming the kids, kids are kids.

And I am with you in the: wife should be more responsible - thing.

i think ts already said she is not, and has never really been responsible. that's not about to change over night.

i think ts already said she is not, and has never really been responsible. that's not about to change over night.

Yep I can read. Doesn't mean she shouldn't be.

Nah, I doubt she'll never change, if her husband says that she's always been irresponsible, even after having kids that are teenagers now.

It's a dog, train it. Obviously you have some $$, get the dog doggie obedience classes an a shitload of chew toys. Play with it more, it has to much energy, or give it to someone that will take care of it properly.

Serious question, will this be effective if I'm not around? Or anyone else who is going to be keeping a responsible eye on the dog during the day. I work 10 -12 hour days, the kids are in band and athletics and have long days as well. Would there be any upside to obedience training in this situation since the problem in the first place is my wife is being irresponsible with her dog?

Serious question, will this be effective if I'm not around? Or anyone else who is going to be keeping a responsible eye on the dog during the day. I work 10 -12 hour days, the kids are in band and athletics and have long days as well. Would there be any upside to obedience training in this situation since the problem in the first place is my wife is being irresponsible with her dog?

nah. if she doesn't lay down the law, the dog will do whatever it wants. even with training it's going to need someone to keep directing it.

It's a dog, train it. Obviously you have some $$, get the dog doggie obedience classes an a shitload of chew toys. Play with it more, it has to much energy, or give it to someone that will take care of it properly.

Only appropriate answer ITT.

Regardless of how bitchy Mrs. TS is or how beta TS is, they're not treating the dog appropriately.

I guess the dog is a microcosm of their fucked up resentful marriage.

so this is what happens when a dog is bought by someone unable to take care of it

wifes face in poop is great. even better put the wife outside all day and let the dog do its thing. But that may create a whole other problem. Good luck. I dont have dogs.

so this is what happens when a dog is bought by someone unable to take care of it

It's not our only dog, it's this particular one that is an issue. My dog stays outside unless the weather is really bad and isn't destructive if I bring her in. Lot's of bad assumptions being made in this thread. Thanks to the people who actually tried to be helpful. My wife's daschund died of old age a few years ago. She did fine with that dog, but it didn't have the behavior problems this one does. This dog is just too high strung to be in the house all day, which brings us back to initial problem. My wife thinks she is too young to be outside for more than a few minutes at a time. We do live out in the country so there are some dangers, but she big enough to start learning be outside in the dog run.

NGU3NmQyYzM2YzEz_o_dissing-your-dog.jpg

It's not our only dog, it's this particular one that is an issue. My dog stays outside unless the weather is really bad and isn't destructive if I bring her in. Lot's of bad assumptions being made in this thread. Thanks to the people who actually tried to be helpful. My wife's daschund died of old age a few years ago. She did fine with that dog, but it didn't have the behavior problems this one does. This dog is just too high strung to be in the house all day, which brings us back to initial problem. My wife thinks she is too young to be outside for more than a few minutes at a time. We do live out in the country so there are some dangers, but she big enough to start learning be outside in the dog run.

22690859.jpg

I think the best way would be to have your wife involved in the classes, if she really doesn't want to help the dog get better find a no kill shelter or rescue group.

The dog training will help. A dog whisperer actually helps quite a bit too. My cousin and his girlfriend had a similar problem and they did the dog training and that helped, but it still occasionally chewed stuff when they weren't around, so they brought in a dog whisperer right to their house and the whisperer fixed up the remaining problems.

You still have to be consistent/lay down the law with your dog, but, once its well behaved and trained you won't have nearly as much trouble ever again.

My friends dog is hyper as all hell they call it "boomer" and the name is very apt, but it never chews stuff or fucks around. It knocks stuff over - that can't be helped its just a hyper dog - but its never intentional on the dogs part. She gets excited and runs and forgets to watch where she's going. When she knocks things over she snaps out of it and gets afraid, lol. As long as you train it as a puppy it will be good for most of its life.

Last edited:
Is the dog humping shit constantly? It could easily mean that she's cheating on you and only the dog (and the other guy) knows.

Is the dog humping shit constantly? It could easily mean that she's cheating on you and only the dog (and the other guy) knows.
LOL

"Say what Lassie? A big ... black ... man ... laying ... pipe ... in my bedroom?"

LOL

"Say what Lassie? A big ... black ... man ... laying ... pipe ... in my bedroom?"

"honey; why didn't you tell me we had plumbing problems? i could've have taken care of that."

"sorry, babe; i needed a...professional."

this thing writes itself :D

Back