My wife's dog keeps chewing up my stuff.

Good luck getting a court to agree with that logic...

And even moreso, good luck getting your kids to value marriage if they see you throw it away over a dog.

it'd be easier to send the dog to a shelter (don't tell the wife) and just say that you saw the gate open when you got home. Hell drive around "looking" for the mutt for a while to show concern for her feelings.

"it'd be easier to send the dog to a shelter (don't tell the wife) and just say that you saw the gate open when you got home. Hell drive around "looking" for the mutt for a while to show concern for her feelings."

this. or plain and simple, tell her you don't want the dog. it's not just her choice here.

She's not too young to be outside. Put her outside.

Just get her a nice doggy house with some toys n shit and a bed (which the pup will probably tear up, but oh well). The dog will be fine.

The dog will stop doing this soon, it's a puppy thing.

I fear there are bigger issues at play than a dog though. You sound like you resent your wife quite a bit, you guys need to work on this.

She's not too young to be outside. Put her outside.

Just get her a nice doggy house with some toys n shit and a bed (which the pup will probably tear up, but oh well). The dog will be fine.

She's got all of that already. I put her outside while I'm here but as I've said, I go to work, the kids go to school and my wife lets her in without being responsible enough to keep an eye on her while we are gone.

I fear there are bigger issues at play than a dog though. You sound like you resent your wife quite a bit, you guys need to work on this.

the wife sounds like she has some animosity towards the rest of the family too. there's no way someone wouldn't care about a dog ruining their stuff if they weren't pissed at them for some reason.

You wife needs a job. Your kids are teenagers already, time to move on.

I resent the lack of respect she is showing for her children, husband and our home. My wife has never been a very responsible person and that has always been an issue, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

try leaving the doors slightly open so that the dog can "escape."

dude you are the one working, you are the one supporting the house financially, this is your house and you are the man of the house.... you come home you take the dog and you put it on a shelter... you dont have to ask permission, discuss or anything, you just do it. You come home and you say with a straight face "I decided this is what is best for the family" and you go on about your business.

If you dont see why this is something simple that you could not do in your house under the conditions you are explaining, I think you have BIGGER problems than just a dog. I understand you have to care, please and look after your woman and kids, but sometimes a man in the house has to be the man in the house

dude you are the one working, you are the one supporting the house financially, this is your house and you are the man of the house.... you come home you take the dog and you put it on a shelter... you dont have to ask permission, discuss or anything, you just do it. You come home and you say with a straight face "I decided this is what is best for the family" and you go on about your business.

If you dont see why this is something simple that you could not do in your house under the conditions you are explaining, I think you have BIGGER problems than just a dog. I understand you have to care, please and look after your woman and kids, but sometimes a man in the house has to be the man in the house

the truth!!!

I resent the lack of respect she is showing for her children, husband and our home. My wife has never been a very responsible person and that has always been an issue, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

Thread title should read "My wife's a bitch, lets dog chew up my stuff"

The problem isn't the dog.

Back