My honest thoughts on McGregor and why I'm a fan

It's not about having an 'opposite view' as much as it is you using MMAth without looking into the stylistic match ups and why certain fighters pose more of a threat towards some fighters than others do etc.

Explain to me how a tall, lengthy skilled boxer with an iron chin and a phenomenal gas tank is an easier match up for Conor than RDA. Explain this, and then we can go further into this discussion.

Explain me how RDA, an even shorter guy than Conor, demolished the same tall, lengthy, "skilled" bixer with an iron chin and a phenomenal tank + full camp. Explain this, and then we can go further into this discussion.

LOL, intelligent response? Analysis? Man, luckily i don't analuze MMA light you. Luckily i have an opposite view.

So tell me, how would Conor do against WWs? GSP, Wonderboy, Lawler, Woodley, Condit, Rory. I wanna either laugh or cry.
GSP = draw
Condit and Rory = tough fight but both hit the deck
Lawler, Woodley, and Wonderman = Conor outclasses them. Wonderman excels when fighters give him room to work and stay on the outside. Conor would pressure him and send him packing. Woodley and Lawler are wild strikers that would get picked apart.

^^^^WTF?

He made Chad look like a straight idiot LOL. The banter between them was just destruction by Conor.

He rode Jose like a horse the entire time. Just always in his face talkin shit. As Jones said he was "balls deep" in his head.

Dude is funny and is a warrior and comes to finish evertime. He is also the most in demand fighter by far.

I dont care if if loses to Nate again...Ill still tune into his next fight. He'll win again...dude just started.

GSP = draw
Condit and Rory = tough fight but both hit the deck
Lawler, Woodley, and Wonderman = Conor outclasses them. Wonderman excels when fighters give him room to work and stay on the outside. Conor would pressure him and send him packing. Woodley and Lawler are wild strikers that would get picked apart.

I laughed first, then cried. Laughed again.
Won't spend time replying to you. For mental health i try to avoid extreme McGregor nuthuggery, mix of man-love with stupidity.

I laughed first, then cried. Laughed again.
Won't spend time replying to you. For mental health i try to avoid extreme McGregor nuthuggery, mix of man-love with stupidity.
I speak only the truth. You are blinded by your hatred of the GOAT

Get the fuck off this thread with this shit gif.

More respect to the GOAT.

The GOAT is coming for all of your favorite fighters.

This. Losing in a fight 2 weight classes above yours means he took a risk which almost no fighter takes. And he will adjust and win the second time around.

Explain me how RDA, an even shorter guy than Conor, demolished the same tall, lengthy, "skilled" bixer with an iron chin and a phenomenal tank + full camp. Explain this, and then we can go further into this discussion.

Went back and re-watched this fight just for you.

RDA's usage of traditional leg kicks (which Conor doesn't throw) fucked Nate up very early and he pretty much didn't recover. He was forced to switch stances multiple times and when he would RDA would light him up with kicks to the body. Nate actually had flashes of success when they would trade but other than that it was the combination of RDA's pressure and leg kicks that messed with Nate the first two rounds. Nate was damaged goods by round 3 and the vast majority of that round was spent on the ground with RDA on top. So, that answers the 'how did RDA beat Nate question'

As for the 'how does that relate to a McGregor vs RDA fight' question;

Conor is not the stationary flat footed target that Nate is. Conor would be the one pressuring RDA and would showcase his dynamic offense to a target that would be willing to stand there with him, ala the Max Holloway fight. RDA's aforementioned sloppiness (which once again was on display at various points in the Nate fight) would get exposed and Conor would clip him.

Simple formula for you;

Stationary flat footedness vs traditional leg kicks and body kicks = advantage RDA over Nate.

Dynamic movement/offense and pressure vs sloppines and a weak chin = advantage McGregor over RDA.

As for McGregor vs Nate (we're really running through 3 completely different arguments here) I feel like McGregor is gonna win the rematch, but it's absolutely an entirely different/more difficult match up for him than RDA. He just can't fall in love with the left hand so much and take advantage of the stationary target with oblique kicks to the leg and perhaps roundhouse kicks to the body (both of which were successful in the first fight) and he'll win the rematch.

Oh hey I was just thinking today about how my life would be complete if somebody who I don't know or care about wrote a manifesto on why he likes Conor McGregor.

Scratch that one of the ol' bucket list.

RDA's usage of traditional leg kicks (which Conor doesn't throw) fucked Nate up very early and he pretty much didn't recover. He was forced to switch stances multiple times and when he would RDA would light him up with kicks to the body. Nate actually had flashes of success when they would trade but other than that it was the combination of RDA's pressure and leg kicks that messed with Nate the first two rounds. Nate was damaged goods by round 3 and the vast majority of that round was spent on the ground with RDA on top. So, that answers the 'how did RDA beat Nate question'

Conor is not the stationary flat footed target that Nate is. Conor would be the one pressuring RDA and would showcase his dynamic offense to a target that would be willing to stand there with him, ala the Max Holloway fight. RDA's aforementioned sloppiness (which once again was on display at various points in the Nate fight) would get exposed and Conor would clip him.

Simple formula for you;

Stationary flat footedness vs traditional leg kicks and body kicks = advantage RDA over Nate.

Dynamic movement/offense and pressure vs sloppines and a weak chin = advantage McGregor over RDA.

As for McGregor vs Nate (we're really running through 3 completely different arguments here) I feel like McGregor is gonna win the rematch, but it's absolutely an entirely different/more difficult match up for him than RDA. He just can't fall in love with the left hand so much and take advantage of the stationary target with oblique kicks to the leg and perhaps roundhouse kicks to the body (both of which were successful in the first fight) and he'll win the rematch.

I'll bet you haven't "rewatched" RDA Vs Nate, you've just watched it for the first time. And you were impressed by both RDA's elite level and by how he did to lenghty Nate what Conor was not even far from accomplish.

RDA's kicks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McGregor's kicks
RDA's punches >>>>>> Conor's punches
RDA's gas tank >>>>>>>>>>>> McGregor's gas tank
RDA's BJJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McGregor's BJJ

Simple formula for you;

Your reply is absurd.

You should tell us why RDA was able to demolish the lenghty stationary flat footed while your irish idol was unable to beat the same stationary flat footed guy (without a full camp). Instead, after being outboxed, he turned into a panic wrestler and thrn into a gazelle.

naw i think that most people dislike him because he has super weird devoted fans that act like liking him for his success and wit makes them successful and intelligent. Its just super weird...

Your reply is absurd.

You should tell us why RDA was able to demolish the lenghty stationary flat footed while your irish idol was unable to beat the same stationary flat footed guy (without a full camp). Instead, after being outboxed, he turned into a panic wrestler and thrn into a gazelle.

You once again fail to grasp the simple concept of different fighters presenting different movements and offensive attacks. RDA didn't engage in a boxing match with Nate. He kept the fight on the outside with leg kicks and would occasionally go inside to throw a flurry and pop back out. McGregor was very much trying to beat Nate at his own game; a boxing match. To say he was 'out-boxed' is simply not true. Did he lose the fight? Yes. Did he control the stand-up/boxing portion of the fight for 7 minutes? Absolutely. He was noticeably tired in round 2. Hands way down. Movements/feints much much slower than round 1/previous fights. And he got caught with two 1-2s on an empty gas tank that caused him to panic for a takedown. Once again though, that isn't really the argument. Nate and Conor do not present the same movements. The way Conor will approach a Nate Diaz fight is not the same way he will approach an RDA fight.

RDA's kicks > Conor's kicks? Laughable statement. Once again, feel free to watch Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway. It will be your first time watching McGregor outside of Sherdog gifs so don't be surprised when you see an offensive attack that RDA will have absolutely no answer for.

You once again fail to grasp the simple concept of different fighters presenting different movements and offensive attacks. RDA didn't engage in a boxing match with Nate. He kept the fight on the outside with leg kicks and would occasionally go inside to throw a flurry and pop back out. McGregor was very much trying to beat Nate at his own game; a boxing match. To say he was 'out-boxed' is simply not true. Did he lose the fight? Yes. Did he control the stand-up/boxing portion of the fight for 7 minutes? Absolutely. He was noticeably tired in round 2. Hands way down. Movements/feints much much slower than round 1/previous fights. And he got caught with two combos while on an empty gas tank that called him to panic for a takedown. Once again though, that isn't really the argument. Nate and Conor do not present the same movements. The way Conor will approach a Nate Diaz fight is not the same way he will approach an RDA fight.

You once again fail to grasp the simple concept of different fighters presenting different movements and offensive attacks. RDA didn't engage in a boxing match with Nate. He kept the fight on the outside with leg kicks and would occasionally go inside to throw a flurry and pop back out. McGregor was very much trying to beat Nate at his own game; a boxing match. To say he was 'out-boxed' is simply not true. Did he lose the fight? Yes. Did he control the stand-up/boxing portion of the fight for 7 minutes? Absolutely. He was noticeably tired in round 2. Hands way down. Movements/feints much much slower than round 1/previous fights. And he got caught with two 1-2s on an empty gas tank that caused him to panic for a takedown. Once again though, that isn't really the argument. Nate and Conor do not present the same movements. The way Conor will approach a Nate Diaz fight is not the same way he will approach an RDA fight.

RDA's kicks > Conor's kicks? Laughable statement. Once again, feel free to watch Conor McGregor vs Max Holloway. It will be your first time watching McGregor outside of Sherdog gifs so don't be surprised when you see an offensive attack that RDA will have absolutely no answer for.

So, you're telling me Nate is McGregor's kryptonite? So Conor was that stupid enough to "beat Nate in his own game"? AND FAILED SOUNDLY. I though Nate's game was just like round 2: boxing and BJJ. I though Conor's game was the haymakers he was trying during the first round.

RDA schooled Nate for 15 minutes; Conor had nothing for Nate after 5. So, in your opinion, who has the worst gas tank: RDA, Nate or McGregor?

I'll resume your thinking:
- Every guy who beats McGregor is gonna lose a rematch.
- Every guy who hasn't fought against Conor wpuld be knocked out by him.
Am i right?

Good therad. Conor is the best

giphy.gif

Back