My honest thoughts on McGregor and why I'm a fan

Not a single one of those guys save for maybe Barboza would pose any threat to McGregor (even then I believe Conor smokes him.) If you can provide an argument that goes beyond MMAth I'll be more than happy to listen.

An argument that goes beyond MMA math? Is there any argument that would be enough for such a blinded nuthugger like you? Is Nate, who choked Conor, better than him?

My argument is, Khabib, RDA, Eddie are all well-rounded fighters, able to take a fight with Conor wherever they want. If they wanna outbox him, they'll stay standing; if they wanna outgrapple him, they'll take him down, wear him out and choke him. And all of them have proved, great gas tanks. Conor has only two weapons: a heavy left hand and his size against FWs. This well-rounded LWs will smoke him 9 out of 10 times.

An argument that goes beyond MMA math? Is there any argument that would be enough for such a blinded nuthugger like you? Is Nate, who choked Conor, better than him?

My argument is, Khabib, RDA, Eddie are all well-rounded fighters, able to take a fight with Conor wherever they want. If they wanna outbox him, they'll stay standing; if they wanna outgrapple him, they'll take him down, wear him out and choke him. And all of them have proved, great gas tanks. Conor has only two weapons: a heavy left hand and his size against FWs. This well-rounded LWs will smoke him 9 out of 10 times.

Nate Diaz is absolutely not a blueprint to use if you wanna assume that any other LW beats Conor. A tall, lengthy boxer who has an iron chin and one of the best gas tanks in MMA is always gonna be the worst match up for Conor, and none of the guys you named fit that mold. Khabib is probably the easiest match up. Conor picks him apart on the feet and this idea that Conor is a free takedown is absolutely not true. One of the best wrestlers on the entire roster had a bunch of his takedowns stuffed when Conor had 80% of his ACL torn and was nowhere near 100%. Conor has a lot more than two weapons and if you actually watched his fights or had any knowledge as to what you're watching you'd know that.

As for RDA, he is way too sloppy and Conor's pre-fight press conference prediction of finishing him in less than a minute is a lot more accurate than you think. His chin wouldn't be able to take a fraction of what Diaz took.

Alvarez is an interesting match up but over the course of 5 rounds I fail to where he would be able to control the fight.

Again, the worst match up at LW is probably Barboza. Feel free to bump this when Conor wins the LW belt.

Eh everything just seems scripted to me. It all seems like a facade. It's annoying.

I was always thought koscheck was a great heel because it was genuine. Same with Bones
I understand that pov. He does pre plan most of what he says. But I don't mind. It's usually funny or clever.

Nate Diaz is absolutely not a blueprint to use if you wanna assume that any other LW beats Conor. A tall, lengthy boxer who has an iron chin and one of the best gas tanks in MMA is always gonna be the worst match up for Conor, and none of the guys you named fit that mold. Khabib is probably the easiest match up. Conor picks him apart on the feet and this idea that Conor is a free takedown is absolutely not true. One of the best wrestlers on the entire roster had a bunch of his takedowns stuffed when Conor had 80% of his ACL torn and was nowhere near 100%. Conor has a lot more than two weapons and if you actually watched his fights or had any knowledge as to what you're watching you'd know that.

As for RDA, he is way too sloppy and Conor's pre-fight press conference prediction of finishing him in less than a minute is a lot more accurate than you think. His chin wouldn't be able to take a fraction of what Diaz took.

Alvarez is an interesting match up but over the course of 5 rounds I fail to where he would be able to control the fight.

Again, the worst match up at LW is probably Barboza. Feel free to bump this when Conor wins the LW belt.

Omg, you're a huge competitor for top Conor nuthugger.

Conor, a good wrestler? Khabib, unable to take him down?

RDA, a sloppy striker? Omg, RDA would make Conor look amateur, no kidding. Conor is a striker, that can't kick. He can't even jab.
Conor's predictions? Like when he predicted to rip Nate's head. And if the fights went to the ground it would be like an anaconda choking a gazelle? LOL, he forgot to tell us who was gonna be the anaconda and the gazelle.

Actually, Nate is the easier opponent for Conor. Why? Cause he's the inferior fighter when compared to Khabib, RDA and Barboza.

Do you dream with Conor's taylor-made suits and lifestyle?

I'm pretty sure i'll bet big money if someday Conor faces Khabib and or RDA and the odds are stupidly even. Big money, no joke. I'll bet you won't $100 on your man, sherdog threads are free.

True story, i was considering betting $500 on Nate against McGregor. Still considering it.

Can't wait till Nate Subs Conor again so nuthuggers like this will go away. Conor is all talk man its marketing. He got lucky against Aldo. Other than that who has he beat ? Bunch of low level guys. He was entertaining for 15 minutes now he's plain annoying. The shtick is old. True fighters are respectful and humble like Fedor, GSP etc..those are the fighters that will be remembered long term. Not clowns .

RDA, a sloppy striker? Omg, RDA would make Conor look amateur, no kidding. Conor is a striker, that can't kick. He can't even jab.
Conor's predictions? Like when he predicted to rip Nate's head. And if the fights went to the ground it would be like an anaconda choking a gazelle? LOL, he forgot to tell us who was gonna be the anaconda and the gazelle.

Actually, Nate is the easier opponent for Conor. Why? Cause he's the inferior fighter when compared to Khabib, RDA and Barboza.

Conor would mutilate RDA on the feet. His kicks are wild and unpredictable, combined with superior boxing he would completely outclass RDA.

Can't wait till Nate Subs Conor again so nuthuggers like this will go away. Conor is all talk man its marketing. He got lucky against Aldo. Other than that who has he beat ? Bunch of low level guys. He was entertaining for 15 minutes now he's plain annoying. The shtick is old. True fighters are respectful and humble like Fedor, GSP etc..those are the fighters that will be remembered long term. Not clowns .
Not a nuthugger. Just a loyal fan. I'm always going to be a fan of McGregor, win or lose. You're right though, Conor is the king of marketing.

My gawd, you're dumb though. McGregor butchered Aldo and will do so again come November. No luck needed. As for the rest...we have Marcus Brimage, Max Holloway, Diego Brandoa, Dustin Poirier, Dennis Siver, Chad Mendes and Jose Aldo.

Conor would mutilate RDA on the feet. His kicks are wild and unpredictable, combined with superior boxing he would completely outclass RDA.

You should change your nick to BlindedConorNuthugger.

RDA demolished Nate for 3 straight rounds. Same Nate turned Conor into a panic wrestler in the 2nd.

I'm 100% convinced that you either know nothing about fighting or you simply don't watch it. In your original post you proceeded to claim that you was gonna use actual analysis instead of MMAth but when I broke down each match up into detail you resort to MMAth. Lol. Yes, Nate is the worst match up stylistically for McGregor than anyone at LW. I would just copy and paste my previous post but that would create an unnecessary block of text of me repeating myself.

I didn't say Khabib wouldn't be able to land a takedown, he definitely could, but the stand up wouldn't be close in favor of Conor and Conor's movements and ability to stay on the outside and/or pressuring Khabib against the fence would likely neutralise any threat of being taken down easily. Not saying its impossible, but Conor can easily neutralise with a far superior stand up game.

RDA absolutely has a tendency to get sloppy. You arguing this just proves that you know nothing about MMA and you probably don't watch it very closely. Conor would crack him quite easily.

And Conor can't kick? Can't strike? You're entering troll territory. Watch the Max Holloway fight. One of the best displays of kicks in an MMA fight, actually. Even the Porier fight showcased excellent and well timed kicks for the time being.

I'm still holding out hope that you come back with an intelligent response. Let's see what you got.

You should change your nick to BlindedConorNuthugger.

RDA demolished Nate for 3 straight rounds. Same Nate turned Conor into a panic wrestler in the 2nd.

Daiju Takase made Anderson Silva tap like a bitch. Anderson Silva made Dan Henderson tap like a bitch. Dan Henderson knocked Fedor out cold. Daiju Takase > Anderson Silva AND Fedor!!!

I'm 100% convinced that you either know nothing about fighting or you simply don't watch it. In your original post you proceeded to claim that you was gonna use actual analysis instead of MMAth but when I broke down each match up into detail you resort to MMAth. Lol. Yes, Nate is the worst match up stylistically for McGregor than anyone at LW. I would just copy and paste my previous post but that would create an unnecessary block of text of me repeating myself.

I didn't say Khabib wouldn't be able to land a takedown, he definitely could, but the stand up wouldn't be close in favor of Conor and Conor's movements and ability to stay on the outside and/or pressuring Khabib against the fence would likely neutralise any threat of being taken down easily. Not saying its impossible, but Conor can easily neutralise with a far superior stand up game.

RDA absolutely has a tendency to get sloppy. You arguing this just proves that you know nothing about MMA and you probably don't watch it very closely. Conor would crack him quite easily.

And Conor can't kick? Can't strike? You're entering troll territory. Watch the Max Holloway fight. One of the best displays of kicks in an MMA fight, actually. Even the Porier fight showcased excellent and well timed kicks for the time being.

I'm still holding out hope that you come back with an intelligent response. Let's see what you got.

LOL, intelligent response? Analysis? Man, luckily i don't analuze MMA light you. Luckily i have an opposite view.

So tell me, how would Conor do against WWs? GSP, Wonderboy, Lawler, Woodley, Condit, Rory. I wanna either laugh or cry.

I'm pretty sure i'll bet big money if someday Conor faces Khabib and or RDA and the odds are stupidly even. Big money, no joke. I'll bet you won't $100 on your man, sherdog threads are free.

True story, i was considering betting $500 on Nate against McGregor. Still considering it.

I would put down a very good amount if Conor faces RDA/Khabib/Eddie etc.

I will place something decent on Conor/Nate 2 as well, and as for the first fight I wouldn't blame you for throwing money at Nate. I didn't have a very good feeling about that fight. I went into great detail about that in the 202 betting thread.

LOL, intelligent response? Analysis? Man, luckily i don't analuze MMA light you. Luckily i have an opposite view.

So tell me, how would Conor do against WWs? GSP, Wonderboy, Lawler, Woodley, Condit, Rory. I wanna either laugh or cry.

It's not about having an 'opposite view' as much as it is you using MMAth without looking into the stylistic match ups and why certain fighters pose more of a threat towards some fighters than others do etc.

Explain to me how a tall, lengthy skilled boxer with an iron chin and a phenomenal gas tank is an easier match up for Conor than RDA. Explain this, and then we can go further into this discussion.

Daiju Takase made Anderson Silva tap like a bitch. Anderson Silva made Dan Henderson tap like a bitch. Dan Henderson knocked Fedor out cold. Daiju Takase > Anderson Silva AND Fedor!!!

Takase over Anderson was a total surprise. Same with Hendo over Fedor.

RDA over Nate and Nate over McGregor were logical outcomes.

Don't use stupid MMA Math to discredit legit fight results. Don't play stupid. Try it.

Takase over Anderson was a total surprise. Same with Hendo over Fedor.

RDA over Nate and Nate over McGregor were logical outcomes.

Don't use stupid MMA Math to discredit legit fight results. Don't play stupid. Try it.

Reply to the post that followed, please.

Mendes (only lost to Aldo, Frankie, and Conor), Dustin, and Max bums are they? Aldo was the reigning #1 P4P fighter in the world.

Back