My honest thoughts on McGregor and why I'm a fan

ReasonableMMAFan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My opinion is this, I know most sherbros get their panties in a bunch when Conor verbally destroys their favorite fighter(or makes fun of their kids names) and makes them look silly on the mic, and go on and rant about how he's a cocky asshole and a POS for hyping himself. But I can't stop myself from loving it all. He looks like a million bucks, rubs it in your face(while not giving a shit about being 'humble' and laughing at all the salty vaginas who get butt hurt over it), and usually backs up everything he says. He's also really smart, with the way he emotionally fucks with guys and gets into their heads. It's a legitimate strategy, and is just as apart of his arsenal as his left hand is. Not to mention he's an awesome and exciting fighter who always goes into every fight with the intention to knock whoever he's facing out.

Bring on the hate sherdog.

Last edited:
When you fight me, it's a celebration. Red panty night, yeh.

GOAT.

Maybe if you ask nice he will let you take him on a date. I sense a budding bromance.

Sounds reasonable--as your name suggests.

I'll allow it.

Fair enough. I'm a fan too, he's really talented, hard-working and entertaining. Besides, his trash talk makes it very interesting for us to watch him.

But when someone talks so much shit and gets slapped, people will inevitably make fun of it. Is normal.

My opinion is this, I know most sherbros get their panties in a bunch when Conor verbally destroys their favorite fighter(or makes fun of their kids names) and makes them look silly on the mic, and go on and rant about how he's a cocky asshole and a POS for hyping himself. But I can't stop myself from loving it all. He looks like a million bucks, rubs it in your face, and usually backs up everything he says. He's also really smart, with the way he emotionally fucks with guys and gets into their heads. It's a legitimate strategy, and is just as apart of his arsenal as his left hand is. Not to mention he's an awesome and exciting fighter who always goes into every fight with the intention to knock whoever he's facing out.

I agree with everything. Every time he jumped the shark and got even crazier, I became even more of a fan. When he compared himself to El Chapo, when he said he was feeding every single bum in the ufc, all of that was just really entertaining and super entertaining. Whether it is a persona or not, it was great to see him becoming this megalomaniac character.

However, I feel like after the Nate Diaz fight he has been contradicting himself way too much.

Last edited:
Conor is just the posterboy for SBG. Artem is the talent, future UFC Champ at featherweight and lightweight.

If Conor didn't have this many haters, he wouldn't be this rich.

He knows what he's doing.

People tune in to see him get his ass beat as much as they tune in to see him win.

I agree with everything. Every time he jumped the shark and got even crazier, I became even more of a fan. When he compared himself to El Chapo, when he said he was feeding every single bum in the ufc, all of that was just really entertaining and super fan. Whether it is a persona or not, it was great to see him becoming this megalomaniac character.

However, I feel like after the Nate Diaz fight he has been contradicting himself way too much.

I'd have thought when he wore that shirt to the press conference for the dos Anjos fight, some folk might have twigged he doesn't take himself as seriously as people think.

What's he contradicting himself on?

His shit talking is over done and annoying. He says the same shit at every presser. He sucks so bad at comebacks he has to try his hardest to talk over his opponent or he gets stumped and can't respond, like when Nate made him look like a mad 3rd grader after he said their whole team would whoop Conor's teams ass.

Most people are dry and have no sense of humor or verbal backlash, it's not that he is great at it, he isn't, people just suck that bad on average dealing with verbal assault.

But he isn't very good at it

My opinion is this, I know most sherbros get their panties in a bunch when Conor verbally destroys their favorite fighter(or makes fun of their kids names) and makes them look silly on the mic, and go on and rant about how he's a cocky asshole and a POS for hyping himself. But I can't stop myself from loving it all. He looks like a million bucks, rubs it in your face(while not giving a shit about being 'humble' and laughing at all the salty vaginas who get butt hurt over it), and usually backs up everything he says. He's also really smart, with the way he emotionally fucks with guys and gets into their heads. It's a legitimate strategy, and is just as apart of his arsenal as his left hand is. Not to mention he's an awesome and exciting fighter who always goes into every fight with the intention to knock whoever he's facing out.

I love it all and I'm rooting for him in the rematch but Nate outshone him talking shit, touchbutt was the highlight of the conferences, he lost the face-off which he usually wins by making fighters flinch and Nate made him flinch instead and finally he lost the fight, he got paid more though so it was almost a clean sweep 3-1 Nate.

And you call yourself a reasonable mma fan .....

Just kidding, I totally agree! Fuck the haters!

Conor is just the posterboy for SBG. Artem is the talent, future UFC Champ at featherweight and lightweight.

This is correct information:

Lad is in shape.
search

He looks like a million bucks, rubs it in your face, and usually backs up everything he says.

1. He looks like a million bucks?
What? Assuming you're talking about his clothing, i don't give a dime for his taylor-made suits. Don't a single dime.

2. Rubs it in your face:
That's one of the reasons why i dislike him. A talkative, disrespectful guy, who believes money justifies everything.

3. Backs up everything he says?
After his fight with Nate his mouth is half shut. After the seconds one he would turn into mute mode.
He said he was gonna rip Nate's head. Not even close.
He said, if the fight went to the mat, it was gonna be like an anaconda choking a gazelle. What a joke, he forgot to tell he was gonna be the gazelle.

RDA, Khabib, Eddie, Barboza, Meléndez, Bendo, etc., would make him swallow his words any given day.

like when Nate made him look like a mad 3rd grader after he said their whole team would whoop Conor's teams ass.

I get that you may like Nate more then Conor, Nate is a nice, humble guy while Conor is loud and often times rude but to say that Nate won any of their verbal exchanges is ignoring the truth.

I felt downright sorry for Nate a lot of times and thought he had enough of Conor`s verbal smackdown.

1. He looks like a million bucks?
What? Assuming you're talking about his clothing, i don't give a dime for his taylor-made suits. Don't a single dime.

2. Rubs it in your face:
That's one of the reasons why i dislike him. A talkative, disrespectful guy, who believes money justifies everything.

3. Backs up everything he says?
After his fight with Nate his mouth is half shut. After the seconds one he would turn into mute mode.
He said he was gonna rip Nate's head. Not even close.
He said, if the fight went to the mat, it was gonna be like an anaconda choking a gazelle. What a joke, he forgot to tell he was gonna be the gazelle.

RDA, Khabib, Eddie, Barboza, Meléndez, Bendo, etc., would make him swallow his words any given day.

1. Yup. A man with style. A fighter with style is something rare.

2. That's great, sweetheart. McGregor makes money and is proud of it. More power to him. Flaunt your money and be honest about it, I say. Or, at least, that's what my inner conservative tells me.

3. One fight. That was one fight out of eight. Check your facts.

Those bums wouldn't even see what hit them fighting Conor.

His shit talking is over done and annoying. He says the same shit at every presser. He sucks so bad at comebacks he has to try his hardest to talk over his opponent or he gets stumped and can't respond, like when Nate made him look like a mad 3rd grader after he said their whole team would whoop Conor's teams ass.

Most people are dry and have no sense of humor or verbal backlash, it's not that he is great at it, he isn't, people just suck that bad on average dealing with verbal assault.

But he isn't very good at it
He doesn't have good comebacks, because he reads off a script. But when McGregor gets going, he spits gold. His Go Big presser is pure creative genius and made everybody look foolish. It was awesome.

Back