My first competition, help?????

Why am I being derided here? I only posted lifts I actually did, unlike some of the people on the Sherdog's strongest man. Format is squat/bench/deadlift, right? What's wrong with 395/270/390?

I also suspect I can squat more right now since I can easily triple with 375, but I'm not going to post new numbers until I do the lifts, and I'm working out at home without a spotter so I'm not loading 415 on right now.

I don't know why I'm so weak in the DL, other than blaming my parents for the short arms. which you'd think would make for a big bench, but I don't do a ton of bench due to old man shoulder problems.

I'd like ChaseT and joshetc to explain their problem with my lifts.

I just quoted his whole post, you have the most balanced lifts by a great margin of the 3 people he posted. Mr. Totality is rediculous, though.

PS: You're stronger than me. Even your wilk's is like 30 higher than mine..jeez.

It's actually a good motivator that someone's "ahead" of me in the 165 class, but the guy that faked up those numbers (Poseidon9) is full of crap, I guarantee he can't lift those weights as a teenager, 5'11" and 161, and it bugs me that Urban doesn't call bullshit and erase him. He doesn't post here anymore anyway.

But that's just me taking offense at someone's "internet strength" so I guess I'll own that. My numbers are demonstrable and, in some cases, documented. Not super impressive, but that's my motivator. One of them.

...by the way, thread starter Maori:

Sorry to barge into your thread with this crap.

You may notice a significant adrenaline rush resulting in some nice PR's in your comp. I distinctly remember shattering a big mental barrier with a hyped-up lift in a high school comp. Try to listen to the crowd and let their energy feed you, along with your nerves at your own performance, your fear of your competitors, etc. These things can be a detriment if you dwell on them but at a focused moment they can feed you a lot of power.

cheers bro. I'll be nervous as hell, but from the training I've done and the numbers I've lifted before I know what I'm capable of. It's just that 3rd lift like Carnel said "aim for the sky" That will be my 185kg lift.

cheers bro. I'll be nervous as hell, but from the training I've done and the numbers I've lifted before I know what I'm capable of. It's just that 3rd lift like Carnel said "aim for the sky" That will be my 185kg lift.

Sounds like you've got it right. After this competition, you can embark on the "squat and eat" program, to put some size and power on that lanky frame. Best of luck!

Sounds like you've got it right. After this competition, you can embark on the "squat and eat" program, to put some size and power on that lanky frame. Best of luck!

lol perfectly said. I'm lanky as hell, my friend is the same height as me but my legs are still a good 2 inches or more longer than his.

It's actually a good motivator that someone's "ahead" of me in the 165 class, but the guy that faked up those numbers (Poseidon9) is full of crap, I guarantee he can't lift those weights as a teenager, 5'11" and 161, and it bugs me that Urban doesn't call bullshit and erase him. He doesn't post here anymore anyway.

But that's just me taking offense at someone's "internet strength" so I guess I'll own that. My numbers are demonstrable and, in some cases, documented. Not super impressive, but that's my motivator. One of them.

Hi.
I never faked any numbers, I hit all of those lifts at some point, and I'm not a teenager anymore, almost 21... Why are you crying?

Hi.
I never faked any numbers, I hit all of those lifts at some point, and I'm not a teenager anymore, almost 21... Why are you crying?

You're a liar. You did not legitimately do 400/300/420 at 5'11" tall and 161 pounds. Not that there aren't people that can, I just bet my ass that you can't. I'm not the strongest guy around, but I can demonstrate my lifts. I don't treat this site as a place to live out some kind of fake dream-life. You're full of shit, kid. Get real, post your real lifts, and possibly people might have a tiny bit of respect of you. If you're going to try and stand on your prior bullshit, I feel sorry for the kind of life you must have.

I propose that Poseidon9 and Cmart have a grudge match in the S&P submarine octagon.

I propose that Poseidon9 and Cmart have a grudge match in the S&P submarine octagon.

......aaaaaaand it's nice to see that you're banned. It was only a matter of time.

You're a liar. You did not legitimately do 400/300/420 at 5'11" tall and 161 pounds. Not that there aren't people that can, I just bet my ass that you can't. I'm not the strongest guy around, but I can demonstrate my lifts. I don't treat this site as a place to live out some kind of fake dream-life. You're full of shit, kid. Get real, post your real lifts, and possibly people might have a tiny bit of respect of you. If you're going to try and stand on your prior bullshit, I feel sorry for the kind of life you must have.

I can't believe your rationale: "I know there are people that can do that, just not you, whom I know nothing about." Your bitterness is out of control. What would anybody possibly have to gain by lying about gym lifts on a forum? This isn't a popularity contest. I train my ass off each and every day for myself, and myself alone. The hateful opinions of someone I don't know doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Flattering that you choose to single me out, but I'm over it. You should be to.

Constructive criticism - Your time spent complaining about imaginary issues might better be spent working on yourself. Good luck...

I can't believe your rationale: "I know there are people that can do that, just not you, whom I know nothing about." Your bitterness is out of control. What would anybody possibly have to gain by lying about gym lifts on a forum? This isn't a popularity contest. I train my ass off each and every day for myself, and myself alone. The hateful opinions of someone I don't know doesn't matter to me in the slightest. Flattering that you choose to single me out, but I'm over it. You should be to.

Constructive criticism - Your time spent complaining about imaginary issues might better be spent working on yourself. Good luck...

You take the time to answer my complaint, but I'm just more convinced you're a bullshitter when you come with the weak tit crap you've posted here. You should apologize to this forum for making a mockery of their strongest man thread, and ask a mod to remove your numbers. It would be more honorable than what you're doing.

Why do I bother? I've been here for years, I've had the nuts to post my real numbers, and I happen to be in the weight class you have topped with your claimed numbers. I feel strongly that you're full of crap, and all (not just some) of your claimed numbers are inflated. Fictional. If you don't like it, shut me up by backing up your claims with some fact.

Or... Post a video of yourself weighing in at 161 lbs and then benching 300 (not 295 or 305, of course - gotta go get those 2 1/2 lb. weights and do the nice, round 300 you claim). I'll accept contest results, too. If you do, I'll congratulate you, apologize, and never bother you again.

This is the only thing I'll say Cmart because I'm not involved and personally don't care much, but what you said about the 2.5lb plates is retarded. Everybody here uses them. I was going to go for a 295 front squat a few weeks ago and threw on 2.5lbers to make it an even 300. I've seen Carnal suggest numerous times to not go for a 495 deadlift PR, just make it 500 by throwing on the 2.5lb plates. I'm not even sure what numbers he claimed but it's not like making an even 300lbs is an uncommon thing.

This is the only thing I'll say Cmart because I'm not involved and personally don't care much, but what you said about the 2.5lb plates is retarded. Everybody here uses them. I was going to go for a 295 front squat a few weeks ago and threw on 2.5lbers to make it an even 300. I've seen Carnal suggest numerous times to not go for a 495 deadlift PR, just make it 500 by throwing on the 2.5lb plates. I'm not even sure what numbers he claimed but it's not like making an even 300lbs is an uncommon thing.

They're cute, maybe I should get myself a pair. Thanks!

CMart,

Do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

Stop being pissed off because someone can lift more than you. It's fucking lame.

Oh, and 2.5lb plates are the backbone of any serious lifters career...they tend to add up over time.

CMart,

Do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

Stop being pissed off because someone can lift more than you. It's fucking lame.

Oh, and 2.5lb plates are the backbone of any serious lifters career...they tend to add up over time.

Early stoppage - both were still ready to go. Too bad...

@ CMart: I can see your point of not believing in 2.5ers, one of my friends rolls the same way. To him it's just a small percentage on the total, so he despises them. Still, I know many guys who use them.

Furthermore, I often hear people having 300 set as an intermediate goal in benching. That's just normal, because 300 is - as you state yourself - a nice and round number. If this is your only indicator for identifying someone as a cheater, you are up for a paranoia treatment.

Now give me some solid white belt bashing since this is the only thing that's left for you....

My logic is why do 395 or 495 when you can just do 400 or 500. It sounds way cooler.

I have Lbs and Kgs plates. So I just round to the closets 5.
And my smallest plates are 5lbs I am the suck.

Back