My first competition, help?????

My logic is why do 395 or 495 when you can just do 400 or 500. It sounds way cooler.

I usually just worry about the bigger plates; those're my goals, so I dont worry about the lil pissant steppin' stone plates in between.

I usually just worry about the bigger plates; those're my goals, so I dont worry about the lil pissant steppin' stone plates in between.

Here's some food for thought...

How much are you really going to improve if you don't use those 2.5lb plates? Let's say you are going for a PR on Deadlift. You have just matched your PR of 405lbs.

Now, using this logic, you look past the "piss-ant" weights and throw on another pair 45's so you can really boost up your PR. Obviously, you fail at the 495, so your telling yourself "Goddamnit, 3 months and no improvement, I should change my routine again."

On the flip side, you add that 2.5lb plate, make the lift, and all of the sudden your PR goes up to 410. You are feeling good about it, so you take the 2.5lb plates off and add 5's to each side. You make the lift again, which brings the PR up to 415. Wow, that's a +10lb PR, you're fucking cock-diesel!

I'm telling you guys, adding a 2.5 per side each session will add the fuck up over time. If you do squats 4 times a month and add 2/2.5lb plates each session, that's a total of +10lbs more than you were doing last month.

Think about it.

*Head explodes from thinking about it*

CMart,

Do me a favor and shut the fuck up.

Stop being pissed off because someone can lift more than you. It's fucking lame.

Oh, and 2.5lb plates are the backbone of any serious lifters career...they tend to add up over time.

Hey fuck you. You don't talk to me like that. The guy can't lift more than me, that's the point. If you can't see it, you're being a fool. And 2.5 plates aren't the issue, it's the imaginary (but conveniently round) numbers that were posted by the liar.

If there's no room to question someone's claims here, why have a forum? Let alone a "Sherdog's strongest man". If someone questioned your numbers, could you back them up? Fucking right you could. Same with me. Pissant9 can't. If he could, I offered to withdraw my complaint and apologize. I'm willing to be humble and say I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But I bet I'm not. You gonna be mad at me for being right?

I won't pretend to know what people can and can't actually lift, but this forum isn't about challenging others to prove their numbers.

I won't pretend to know what people can and can't actually lift, but this forum isn't about challenging others to prove their numbers.

Exactly.

If someone lifts more than you, think of it as a challenge, not an insult. There are tons of people that are both younger and stronger than you Cmart...get over it.

About the small plates. If you've been lifting for a long time, and or are trying to stay in a weight class, and are close to your genetic potential, even 5lbs PRs can be too much sometimes. Even Ripp talks about using 1 or 2lbs increments to maintain gains.

I wish I had 0.5kg olympic plates, if I go add on weight it has to be 1.25 kg each side and I wont be able to lift with as good form any more or something like that. There's a site that sells crazy weight equipment and plates I'll find the link it sells olympic plates that weigh's grams so you could basicly add them on every workout to get slow and consisten gains.

Hey fuck you. You don't talk to me like that. The guy can't lift more than me, that's the point. If you can't see it, you're being a fool. And 2.5 plates aren't the issue, it's the imaginary (but conveniently round) numbers that were posted by the liar.

If there's no room to question someone's claims here, why have a forum? Let alone a "Sherdog's strongest man". If someone questioned your numbers, could you back them up? Fucking right you could. Same with me. Pissant9 can't. If he could, I offered to withdraw my complaint and apologize. I'm willing to be humble and say I'm sorry if I'm wrong. But I bet I'm not. You gonna be mad at me for being right?

794438826_5f340c9c16.jpg

All right I'll drop it. I'm being a baby. It does make me want to lift harder.

I may enclose vids with my next maxes, though, just to add a little credence to my claims.

I'm thinking about competing towards the end of summer, so there are already new numbers, I just want to wait and see what they top out at.

Peace all.

All right I'll drop it. I'm being a baby. It does make me want to lift harder.

I may enclose vids with my next maxes, though, just to add a little credence to my claims.

I'm thinking about competing towards the end of summer, so there are already new numbers, I just want to wait and see what they top out at.

Peace all.

Good luck

Here's some food for thought...

How much are you really going to improve if you don't use those 2.5lb plates? Let's say you are going for a PR on Deadlift. You have just matched your PR of 405lbs.

Now, using this logic, you look past the "piss-ant" weights and throw on another pair 45's so you can really boost up your PR. Obviously, you fail at the 495, so your telling yourself "Goddamnit, 3 months and no improvement, I should change my routine again."

On the flip side, you add that 2.5lb plate, make the lift, and all of the sudden your PR goes up to 410. You are feeling good about it, so you take the 2.5lb plates off and add 5's to each side. You make the lift again, which brings the PR up to 415. Wow, that's a +10lb PR, you're fucking cock-diesel!

I'm telling you guys, adding a 2.5 per side each session will add the fuck up over time. If you do squats 4 times a month and add 2/2.5lb plates each session, that's a total of +10lbs more than you were doing last month.

Think about it.

They add up over time. Right. Like I'm going to get a 600lb squat and 650lb DL using 2.5 lbers. Pfft. This guy.

Back