My first competition, help?????

Well, I didn't think age would really matter that much. I doubt anyone that trains deadlift for more than a year could have less than a 180kg deadlift.

This may come as news but 98+% of males (any weight) you see in the gym can not deadlift 180kg. Most of them have been training for quite a bit more then a year.

You don't think there is much strength difference between a 15 year old and a 25 year old?

I don't think there is much of a difference between a 15 year old that has lifted for a year and a 25 year old that has lifted for a year and done the same routines. Obviously most 25 year olds have had much longer time to lift.

This may come as news but 98+% of males (any weight) you see in the gym can not deadlift 180kg. Most of them have been training for quite a bit more then a year.

I know most people that don't train deadlift can't deadlift 180kg. I don't really see why a year of actually training deadlift wouldn't yield a 180kg deadlift, though.

Well, I didn't think age would really matter that much. I doubt anyone that trains deadlift for more than a year could have less than a 180kg deadlift.

This is rubbish. Obviously a 180kg deadlift is not amazing, but not everyone will have a 180kg deadlift after one year. For most normal people, this is over double bodyweight.

are you serious? I thought deadlift standards would have been higher than that for under 16's. I'm just competeing to see how I do I have no idea what under 16 records are.

I know some under 18 records but no under 16.

It doesn't matter right now, you're manning up and getting on the fucking platform. That makes you awesome.

It doesn't matter right now, you're manning up and getting on the fucking platform. That makes you awesome.

ye ha me teh awesomeness. I've been knighted by Carnel lol.

*sits in corner awaiting Carnel's monster back hand to put me in my place*

ye ha me teh awesomeness. I've been knighted by Carnel lol.

*sits in corner awaiting Carnel's monster back hand to put me in my place*

Since you're about to really earn your stripes, the only reason I'd slap you is if you needed to get psyched for an attempt.

Since you're about to really earn your stripes, the only reason I'd slap you is if you needed to get psyched for an attempt.

What if I enjoyed it, would that be wrong? I will earn no stripes carnel until I become a true beast. I may have "manned up" and even entered a comp but until I actually win and brake records and do something about what I want to do, I will accept internet stripes lol.

DUDE! We have the same B-day! Only I was born in 84.

Super-Scorpio high five!!!!!!!!!!

What if I enjoyed it, would that be wrong? I will earn no stripes carnel until I become a true beast. I may have "manned up" and even entered a comp but until I actually win and brake records and do something about what I want to do, I will accept internet stripes lol.

That attitude will get you far.

Accepts praise with a grain of salt? Check
Hungry for bigger lifts? Check.
The only possible satiation of said hunger (although in reality it will to more hunger) huge lifts, winning meets, breaking records? Check.

If you can keep all that in line as you get older, you'll make a hell of a lifter.

This is rubbish. Obviously a 180kg deadlift is not amazing, but not everyone will have a 180kg deadlift after one year. For most normal people, this is over double bodyweight.

I guess I'm not down to earth enough. I don't know a lot of people that have deadlifted for more than a year, but the ones I do know can pull 4 plates. If anyone can't, I feel real sorry for them. I was pissed I couldn't pull 4 plates after 2 months.

Maori, did you try to pull 180kg yet? I'm anxious for your competition to come to see how you do.

That attitude will get you far.

Accepts praise with a grain of salt? Check
Hungry for bigger lifts? Check.
The only possible satiation of said hunger (although in reality it will to more hunger) huge lifts, winning meets, breaking records? Check.

If you can keep all that in line as you get older, you'll make a hell of a lifter.

thanks bro, but only time will tell, but I can make time tell whatever I want it to tell by what I do now and tomorrow and the day after, thats the beauty of Heavy lifting, it's a discipline. Seems a bit stupid, but we choose what we want to do and I want to be the best, ( in this case strength) I might not have the genes for it but, at least I tried lol.

I shall post a vid of my lift's come April 19th and let you all know how I done, seeing as it was the Sherdoggers of S&P who inspired me into HEAVY LIFTING.

DUDE! We have the same B-day! Only I was born in 84.

Super-Scorpio high five!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as how he's Irish and says he's already 16, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that 11/1/92 is January 11, 1992.

I guess I'm not down to earth enough. I don't know a lot of people that have deadlifted for more than a year, but the ones I do know can pull 4 plates. If anyone can't, I feel real sorry for them. I was pissed I couldn't pull 4 plates after 2 months.

Maori, did you try to pull 180kg yet? I'm anxious for your competition to come to see how you do.

no not yet bro, thats my burst a blood vessel wish i was a girl playing with dolls lift lol.

Well, I guess I have egg on my face.

NO SCORPIO LOVE FOR YOU!

You goddamn backward people across the ocean. Fuck.

Back