My big stupid hype trains thread.

Untitlefa.jpg

Losene Keita

Country - Guinea
Weight Class - Lightweight
Promotion - Oktagon
Record : 7-0

Fucking hell, it's rare that people have this kind of first impression on me but this guy seems to have the goods. He made his Oktagon debut which was a serious step up in promotional quality and opposition, took a ranked opponent there and just made him look like an absolute can.

Just crazy fast, moving in and out with his head moving nicely and throwing quick and powerful combinations, looking almost like he's fighting in a different dimension to his opponent. I need to see someone test him in the grappling department, but this guy is a serious, serious problem on the feet.

Highly recommend checking his fight out

LaramieTprofile01.png

Tony Laramie

Country - Canada
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record : 6-2

He may look about 12 years old but this dude is bloody good. The main thing that sticks out to me about him is just the speed of the guy, he moves and throws combos so quickly that he's hit you about 4 times and is back on the outside before you know what's happened.

Great cardio and constant offensive output too, always in the face of the opponent. He's able to get away with constantly pushing forward because he has a quick and strong sprawl when people try reactive takedowns so it's very hard to stop his momentum.

He's 6-2, but both losses are from when he was 18 years old, so don't let that fool you.

LaramieTprofile01.png

Tony Laramie

Country - Canada
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record : 6-2

He may look about 12 years old but this dude is bloody good. The main thing that sticks out to me about him is just the speed of the guy, he moves and throws combos so quickly that he's hit you about 4 times and is back on the outside before you know what's happened.

Great cardio and constant offensive output too, always in the face of the opponent. He's able to get away with constantly pushing forward because he has a quick and strong sprawl when people try reactive takedowns so it's very hard to stop his momentum.

He's 6-2, but both losses are from when he was 18 years old, so don't let that fool you.

Now that is one weird looking little bloke. Christ.

Has to be the brother of TJ Laramie, right? Looks like him, but weirder.

Untitled9.jpg

Azat Maksum

Country - Kazakhstan
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - Octagon
Record : 14-0

Looked like an absolute killer again, taking a can crusher and turning him into a can, by just going after him and demolishing him, taking the back during the takedown and throttling him. Needs to be given consistently good competition at this point.

Untitled9.jpg

Azat Maksum

Country - Kazakhstan
Weight Class - Flyweight
Promotion - Octagon
Record : 14-0

Looked like an absolute killer again, taking a can crusher and turning him into a can, by just going after him and demolishing him, taking the back during the takedown and throttling him. Needs to be given consistently good competition at this point.
What you rate him over Kairat "The Kazakh" Akhmetov. Who just raised in One Championship ranking to I think 3. Kazakhstan for flyweights?received_647280869793378.jpeg

What you rate him over Kairat "The Kazakh" Akhmetov. Who just raised in One Championship ranking to I think 3. Kazakhstan for flyweights?View attachment 897614

I would say Kairat has mixed it with higher level comp and is more proven but we probably know where his ceiling is whereas we don't know yet with Maksum but it looks to me like it could be higher.

@Hellowhosthat

I watched some of tatsuro taira recent fights and honestly I'm not really that impressed, even for a 21 years old. Can you tell me what you see in him?

@Hellowhosthat

I watched some of tatsuro taira recent fights and honestly I'm not really that impressed, even for a 21 years old. Can you tell me what you see in him?

I like his speed, transitions and sub game. Primarily the speed in which he takes the back and sinks in chokes without giving his opponent a chance to defend at all.

I like his speed, transitions and sub game. Primarily the speed in which he takes the back and sinks in chokes without giving his opponent a chance to defend at all.
He does have a fast back-take, I will you give you that. But other than that I don't really see anything in him that stands out to me.

His wrestling is very lacking to say the least. And his striking is just serviceable. And he's not a great athlete.

And his opponents are piss poor. Even some of the more experienced guys he fought are not good.

Don't get me wrong he's a good prospect, but "good" is the highest compliment that I can give from what I saw in his recent fights.

He does have a fast back-take, I will you give you that. But other than that I don't really see anything in him that stands out to me.

His wrestling is very lacking to say the least. And his striking is just serviceable. And he's not a great athlete.

And his opponents are piss poor. Even some of the more experienced guys he fought are not good.

Don't get me wrong he's a good prospect, but "good" is the highest compliment that I can give from what I saw in his recent fights.

Fair enough, time will tell.

All the top three flyweights are in different organizations, so it sucks. Taira is in Shooto, Makoto is in Deep and Saomoto is in Rizin

Remind me how the first match went? I know Kerimov won but was it competitive?

Back