5x95
3x135
3x155
1x175

Deadlift
5x135
3x225
1x275

The plan today was to get in the gym, get the blood flowing and do some light work on the competition lifts. I worked up to 50-60% on each lift and tried to do each rep perfect. Everything felt really strong & fast. I'm ready for Saturday.

Good luck with the meet calvus! Take some vids.

Kick some ass, brethren!

1/11/2013

Bodyweight 214.2 this morning, so I think I can prety much eat whatever I want today and still come in on target & under 220. So that's cool. Maybe spaghetti tonight?

Going a bit stir crazy here today. I want to lift, dammit! But I have to wait till tomorrow!!

Rousimar-Palhares-.gif

gather all your energy like a spring and tomorrow BANG.... kill 'em all :D

Don't worry about videos of any of your lifts. Concentrate on pics of any trophy girls

thanks guys - midmo, sorry - I let you down...

MEET RESULTS

Meet went great - I went 9 for 9, totaled 1223, set PR's in squat, bench & dl. (430/297/496) - it was a small meet, so that was good enough to win both the open 220 class & the masters (40-45) class.

I'll post the vid & more detail probably tomorrow.

Great day!

MEET RESULTS

Meet went great - I went 9 for 9, totaled 1223, set PR's in squat, bench & dl. (430/297/496) - it was a small meet, so that was good enough to win both the open 220 class & the masters (40-45) class.

Great day!

PRs in all lifts at a meet?!? Very nice. Congratulations calvus!

MEET RESULTS

Great day!

Wow... How many meets go that way well? Amazing.

LOL - thanks Midmo for the epic pic.

Holy shit! Great job, calvus! 9/9 is freakin sweet!!

MEET REPORT

I competed in the Camp Pendleton Powerlifting Championships on January 12, 2013. It was open to both military & civilians, and was a great location & awesome environment for a meet.

Results first:

I competed in both the Masters (40-45) 220-lb division and the Open 220-lb division. Totaled 1223 (430,297,496), which was good enough to finish first in both divisions, since its a pretty small meet. There were only 8 competitors in the Open 220 class, and only 2 in the 220 Masters.

I was extremely pleased with my results! I hit PRs in Squat, Bench & Deadlift, went 9 for 9, and got 3 whites on all 9 attempts!

I didn't cut weight, and weighed in at 215.4 Saturday morning. It has been unseasonably cold for Southern California lately and Saturday was no different. It was about 39 degrees when I weighed in, with a high expected around 59. Of course there was no heater in the gym. It was cold all day, but I kept my sweats on between lifts & it wasn't too bad.

SQUATS
I was in the 3rd flight all day, and the 1st 2 flights were moving extremely fast for squats. As a result, I didn't get fully warmed up before my planned opener at 175 kg (386 lb). I did a single at 315 and then snuck in a quick one at 335 & it was time to go. I guess that's why its good to set your openers low - it didn't feel great, but I hit it without too much difficulty.

For my 2nd lift, I was planning on 192.5, which would have tied my PR, but since the 1st attempt didn't feel great, I went conservative & decided on 190 kg (419 lb). I hit that fairly easily, but things were still feeling heavy. I really wanted to go for 200 kg (440 lb), but squats weren't feeling great, so I decided to go for 195 kg (430 lb) for my final squat. It was still a 5 lb PR.

When I started my decent at 430, for whatever reason I forgot to sit back. I started descending straight down - I was like "CRAP - I can't start over!", but still managed to grind the lift out. So a small PR in squats & moving on to bench.

BENCH
My bench opener was at 120 kg (264 lb) & it felt ok. The pause seemed long, but after I looked at the video, it wasn't long at all. At any rate, I went conservative on my 2nd attempt again & went for 127.5 kg (280 lb) which was pretty conservative considering I benched 130kg at my last meet & I know my bench has gotten stronger. The 127.5 felt great though, so I was aggressive with my choice for my last attempt - 135 kg (298 lb). This was 8 lbs more than I had even done in training.

It was a real grinder, but I got it! Big PR!

DEADLIFT
Deadlift was next, again I chose a conservative opener at 200 kg (441 lb). It went up easy, so I decided to try to tie my current PR (set only about a week ago) at 217.5 kg (480 lb). I lifted it nice & clean. At this point, I was 8 for 8 on the day & decided to really go for it on the last lift. 225 kg (496 lb) - this was a 16 lb PR. I hit it nice & clean, good speed. Really stoked after this lift - couldn't believe it! In training about a week ago I started really pulling my shoulder blades together on deadlift & it helped a ton.

Here's the video from the meet:

Back