Most well rounded fighter in MMA history

Fedor had no wrestling? He stuffed about 8/10 takedown attempts in the rematch with Coleman. A Coleman who years later at like 45 years old took down Shogun in their rematch so many times and completely wrestlefucked Stephan Bonnar. What are you even posting?

Didn't know stopping a couple take downs meant you were a great wrestler. Great grappling. No wrestling.

LOL @ Fedor. He has been continually controlled on the ground and taken down by lame opponents.

GSP or Jones.

Names please...

The guy loses a few fights at the end of his career & he sucks, right... :rolleyes:

I think Jones, because he mixes everything so well and also manages to finish his opponents which is something GSP doesn't do anymore (not bashing St-Pierre by any means).

Jones is number 2 in well rounded mess, GSP is 1.

I would say defensively GSP is number 1, and offensively Jon Jones is #1. Jones just has so many ways to win and finish opponents. Big knee for a flat KO, a submission, a TKO..all that stuff.

Didn't know stopping a couple take downs meant you were a great wrestler. Great grappling. No wrestling.

Yes well I didn't know that being able to stuff takedowns that many other people couldn't stuff at top level competition = no wrestling.

Easy answer is GSP, with a few others as well. Aldo and Jones are right there, Fedor was extremely well rounded. The it factor that is sometimes overlooked is fighter IQ. It's the difference between good and great fighters.

Last edited:
Once we see more of Jones' jitz we will know if it's him or GSP. As of right now it is GSP.

Ive seen dozens of these threads but no polls.

Poll please mods.

Roy Nelson :D

But really GSP or Jon Jones, and i'd actually have to lean towards JJ, he uses wrestling, judo throws, amazing striking with an arsenal of unconventional strikes too, and he has proven that he has slick jits too. Have to say Jones.

Just saw i got beaten to the Roy Nelson jest...

I think Machida is very well rounded.

Yeah, me too. He def belongs in this conversation.

mma_e_machida11_576.jpg

GSP & Fedor. Jones is getting there, but his athleticism and wrestling is still his biggest reason for success.

Back