Most well rounded fighter in MMA history

not a good shad face, IMO.

Just because a guy loses a fight doesn't mean he's not well rounded.

Why is it when a guy loses a single fight they hype train is destroyed & all the fanboys jump ship?

Yeah, me too. He def belongs in this conversation.

mma_e_machida11_576.jpg

are you saying Machida is not wellrounded?

No. Decent striking. Didn't know he had wrestling. Great grappler. That doesn't equal most well rounded fighter in history.

didnt know he had wrestling? he is a fucking sambo gold medalist. if you dont know what sambo is go google it.

Just because a guy loses a fight doesn't mean he's not well rounded.

Why is it when a guy loses a single fight they hype train is destroyed & all the fanboys jump ship?

did you quote the wrong post, or your sarcasm level is nonexistent?

Who in your opinion is the most well rounded fighter in MMA history?

Some contenders:

Fedor:

could strike, wrestle, submit people...Fedor could do everything and did it all better than anyone in his era.

1.gif

GSP:

Mixes it all together really well. Kickboxing, wrestling, grappling in general, pretty much all of it is off the charts.
awesome_George_St_Pierre_Sweeps_Jon_Fitch_UFC_87_Seek_and_Destroy.gif

Jon Jones:

Can wrestle, grapple and strike with the best grapplers, strikers and wrestlers in MMA and fucking annihilates every one of them in every area. Great TDD as well. Makes it look easy, against the best of the best. It's unreal.

Jon-Jones-Suplex.gif

Benson Henderson:

As we saw recently, he can grapple with BJJ black belts like Diaz and hold his own, he has solid striking and wrestling as well.
12.gif

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

My thoughts are what the hell were you thinking choosing that gif to support your claim about Bendo. bwahahahaha

As for the OP, Pettis is far more well-rounded than Bendo

Joke post? Pettis is the better fighter, but not the more well rounded. That's why Henderson is the UFC LW Champion and he is not. Pettis seriously needs to work on his wrestling. Watch the Guida fight.

Correct answer: Jon Jones.

Joke post? Pettis is the better fighter, but not the more well rounded. That's why Henderson is the UFC LW Champion and he is not. Pettis seriously needs to work on his wrestling. Watch the Guida fight.

Correct answer: Jon Jones.

Pettis is the better fighter yet Bendo is the champion? Nice logic. So, I could say, Hamill is the better fighter yet Jones is the champion?

I think fedor takes it. Finishing power or stamina for long matches. Knockout or submission. Stand and bang or takedown, even pull guard. He has skills pretty much anywhere the fight went.

Fedor Emelianenko,

Part of the reason why he is the GOAT Mixed Martial Artist is that he truly was the greatest mixed martial artist.

If they had a dictionary with Mixed Martial Artist in it Fedor should be the definition.

Outstruck Cro Cop,
Beat Nog from his Guard
Beat Coleman where he was most comfortable twice
Out muscled Herring and ragdolled him like no one ever did

Fedor is my answer and he was light years beyond his time.

See I dont get the Herring argument. Had that fight gone on, Herring very well could have won and I think he would have. (yeah yeah shoulda coulda woulda, but its an important point to remember).

Anyway my two choices arev Jones with Fedor in close second. Fedor was great because while he was fairly well rounded, oftentimes he looked vulnerable and would win anyway, but well see how Jones looks towards the end of his career.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are what the hell were you thinking choosing that gif to support your claim about Bendo. bwahahahaha

lol, that slipped by me until you mentioned it. Odd choice by TS...

Back