Most well rounded fighter in MMA history

Jon Jones is damn exciting too, and probably more well rounded. His wrestling and top game are better than Fedors IMO.

I agree about the more well rounded part, I consider Jones & GSP to be the most well rounded fighters in MMA (Cruz too maybe), but I just don't find Jones as exciting as Fedor. Fedor was just so damn aggressive and took risks while he was on top.

Didnt know this thread read "Most exciting"

LOL @ Fedor. He has been continually controlled on the ground and taken down by lame opponents.

GSP or Jones.

Fedor, GSP, and Jones are. They all have holes in their games - EVERYBODY has holes in their game - but they are extremely well-rounded and were hard to beat in their primes (Fedor being the past, GSP being the present, Jones being the present/future).

Fedor may not have had elite wrestling like GSP or Jones, but he was better off his back than either of them and had Sambo throws.

Jones and GSP are more athletically gifted than Fedor was and tended to fight smaller guys throughout their careers, using size and strength, while Fedor would use his speed, tenacity, and fight IQ.

Different guys, but all well-rounded.

No. Decent striking. Didn't know he had wrestling. Great grappler. That doesn't equal most well rounded fighter in history.

Fedor had no wrestling? He stuffed about 8/10 takedown attempts in the rematch with Coleman. A Coleman who years later at like 45 years old took down Shogun in their rematch so many times and completely wrestlefucked Stephan Bonnar. What are you even posting?

GSP and Fedor.

As for fighters who were the most well rounded in their time, Frank Shamrock and Bas Rutten.

LOL @ Fedor. He has been continually controlled on the ground and taken down by lame opponents.

GSP or Jones.

yes! i loved how gary goodridge or heath herring destroyed him on the ground. totally LOL at fedor.

Back