Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

aleksander-emelianenko-o.gif

I'm not a genius athlete, like many people think. My brother has a phenomenal talent. But he lacks in work ethic. That's why I'm higher in the ratings. - Fedor Emelianenko

Aleks could have been a legend had he not occupied his spare time raping and pillaging the countryside...

Overeem.

Brock was enormous and strong as a bull, but he was also not the most coordinated guy, and he was a bit flat footed. Overeem is huge, but also is very slick in his movement, surprisingly quick.

Prime Crocop. No other heavyweight had footwork like him.

Fedor.

Kevin Randleman.

I'm not a genius athlete, like many people think. My brother has a phenomenal talent. But he lacks in work ethic. That's why I'm higher in the ratings. - Fedor Emelianenko

Aleks could have been a legend had he not occupied his spare time raping and pillaging the countryside...

Aleks was also a stud ahtlete but he needed to add kicks to his game. His hands were awesome just needed some more tools.

And yes sadly he is a sick fuck.

Cormier is my pick. His wrestling is a given, but hand speed like he has is rare on a tank like him.

Imagine if he started mma in his early twenties.

he probably wouldn't be as good a wrestler as he is

It depends on how you define athleticism. One option could be Bob Sapp. Sapp wasn't very talented but he was a freak athlete.

A lot of people seem to confuse a ripped physique with being athletic.

Oh yeah. Definitely. But I think Fedor is selling himself short here. He trained himself to have the perfect combination of everything.

I haven't seen Alex close to doing something like this:

fedor%2Barmbar%2Bcoleman.gif

Bas said that Fedor did this like a middleweight or a lightweight. LOL. Imagine how surprised they were. Thinking Fedor was basically a GNP fighter, but the f*cker then submits the Godfather of GNP with the best HW armbar ever IMO. Many thought that Coleman had the style to beat Fedor too, but prime Fedor was so awesome on his back that the Godfather of GNP could only gnp him for a few seconds before getting submitted 2x. Crazy.

Overeem.

Brock was enormous and strong as a bull, but he was also not the most coordinated guy, and he was a bit flat footed. Overeem is huge, but also is very slick in his movement, surprisingly quick.

Overeem, yeah. Amazing athlete. I can't believe I forgot to write him down.

Fedor was not a great athlete, was a really skillful grappler, decent speed and hard puncher, but not even close to Randleman and others in athleticism.
Put those 2 in a decathlon or something i bet Randleman smokes him.

Fedor was not a great athlete, was a really skillful grappler, decent speed and hard puncher, but not even close to Randleman and others in athleticism.

You have a very American view of what athleticism is.

Brock Lesnar
Kevin Randleman
Crocop
Arlovski
Patt Berry

Both Emelianenko brothers are pretty athletic.

Fedor is up there. His speed and explosiveness along with his timing and cardio which Randleman had none of make him a great HW athlete.

Crocop, speed and power agility reflexes strength flexibility his ass in his prime was a beast of beasts.

Randleman has more massive and cut, Fedor would rape him in a decathlon. Strength and power probably not.

Speed and explosive strength aren't the only components of athleticism. What about cardiovascular endurance? Randleman had terrible cardio. Balance, timing, coordination, agility, flexibility. All important. I hate this view that explosiveness equals great athlete.

Overeem.

Brock not coordinated? Lol.

Back