Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

Brock has a 10ft broad jump. Let that sink in for a second. Dude weights in at 280-290 lbs, can stand stationary and jump 10 feet forward. There are not a ton of guys in sports in general that can do that regardless of size. Dude was THE freak athlete in the UFC, to bad his skill development never caught up to his athleticism, if it did he would still be around.

I had 9,5 feet broad jump from stand still in high school, but I weighed 176 pounds, lol:)

There was one tiny dude who jumped close to 10 feet, he leaped like a freaking frog. Was as ugly too:)

cro cop in pride was as agile as a cat

cc222222222222222.gif

Yup. Yet he never had any athletic accolades before MMA.

There are great athletes among people who chose different career paths too.

In terms of "raw athleticism"

has to be either Kevin Randleman, or Brock Lesnar

In terms of effective mma mobility, hand speed, movement

Fedor, and then Cain

Arlovski is up there, he seems to have the best pure hand speed of any HW ever

I'd have to say Brock...never seen someone that massive with that blend of strength/speed/agility in MMA before.

It seems like you guys are measuring athleticism based on being big and explosive. But there is more to being athletic than that. You have to be coordinated, balanced, and fluid as well.

1. Fedor. Nobody was ever a combination of quick, strong, explosive, smooth, coordinated, and every other damn athletic trait. I believe Fedor would look just as natural playing soccer as he does knocking guys out.

2. Randleman. Pumped full of roids though.

3. Brock. He is more stiff and robotic than the other two guys. He lacked some of the coordination and fluidity that Fedor and Randleman had. Brock is big, but his muscle mass makes him LESS athletic, not more.

Randleman looked like he could easily pump over the octagon cage if he wanted. The dude's legs were fucking crazy.

Kevin randleman, Mark Coleman, and Mark Kerr, and Kevin Jackson if you include Middle weight. Frank Shamrock was also incredibly athletic for someone who never grew up playing sports

Kevin Randleman
Pat Barry
Matt Mitrione
Todd Duffee
Brock Lesnar

those are the top 5 fastest/most explosive top 10 HW's ive ever seen

Fedor, Arlovski, Tom Erickson, Lesnar, Maurice Smith, Cain, Crocop and Cormier for the ones who probably weren't on the juice.

Coleman, Overeem and Randleman if you include their kind.

Back