Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

Lol at anyonethat put Cain. For me though fedor is up there, but prime CC has to be the top or contending for it. Frighting speed footwork, reflexes and everything else.

shawn jordan is a true gorilla

[YT]t5ZQXwN_owo[/YT]

You have a very American view of what athleticism is.

So Athletics is not Athleticism then?

Personally i think something like the decathlon is the ultimate athletic test.

Randleman would hand him his ass, Fedor might win the shotput at best.

Pretty sure Mitrione and Jordan would be considered better pure athletes too

Some guys to have in consideration:
Brock
Ubereem
JDS
Cain
Fedor
Meathead
Randleman

Lol at anyonethat put Cain.

So he had one bad fight and his past is irrelevant. Cain is the only top HW who does not depend on finishes. Any fight that he has won would have been a dominant decision if it went the distance. And before you say Fedor, he has been in situations that required a sub or a ko for him to avoid a loss or a close decision.

His cardio and speed (when he can enforce his game) is insane for a pudgy guy.

What aspects of athleticism are you talking about? Raw strength and mass, it's pretty much Brock and Overeem.

If you're talking core strength and endurance, you gotta start talking about guys like Cormier and Fedor. Olympic wrestlers and high level Judoka have ridiculous core strength and muscle endurance.

"Athletic" can mean any number of things.

Technically...
B_Lu6PWW4AAoBbx.jpg

Reality...
ShootingstarpressbyBrockLesnarWWEWr.gif

The two that sprang to mind for me were Kerr and Randleman.

What aspects of athleticism are you talking about? Raw strength and mass, it's pretty much Brock and Overeem.

If you're talking core strength and endurance, you gotta start talking about guys like Cormier and Fedor. Olympic wrestlers and high level Judoka have ridiculous core strength and muscle endurance.

"Athletic" can mean any number of things.

Sherdog has the most messed up definition of the term. Someone like Nick Diaz, who literally has never shown signs of tiredness during a fight and does triathlons have repeatedly been called 'unathletic'.

I believe the term is skewed by sports like the NFL. Sherdoggers think overweight titans exerting a lot of force for 10-30 seconds is the ultimate form of athleticism. Only in one country is that considered athletic.

Also I think everyone is forgetting JDS beat Lesnar in their American Football challenge on TUF. JDS doesn't even know what American Football is (and neither do I for that matter).

Back