Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

Div 1 National Champion Wrestler is not "Fighting Skills"?

Of course he had fighting skills. I never said he didn't. What I said is I think he won the belt based on his athleticism and size. There have been other Div 1 Champs come through MMA without winning a world title in the UFC.

Yeah, I was never a fan of Brock, but I can't argue against him on this one.

Tom Erickson was pretty athletic:

20150316075223_000003.JPG

yeah, but he's no Mike Russow.

Cormier is my pick. His wrestling is a given, but hand speed like he has is rare on a tank like him.

Imagine if he started mma in his early twenties.

Brock is a freak of nature, that's for sure. Randleman was too. So was/is Fedor. All for different reasons. JDS is athletic too.

But yeah, I'd go with 1. Brock 2. Randleplex 3. Fedor.

Randleman was an absolute freak in terms of athleticism.

randleman-jump.jpg

Brock has a 10ft broad jump. Let that sink in for a second. Dude weights in at 280-290 lbs, can stand stationary and jump 10 feet forward. There are not a ton of guys in sports in general that can do that regardless of size. Dude was THE freak athlete in the UFC, to bad his skill development never caught up to his athleticism, if it did he would still be around.

Roy nelson, without a shadow of a doubt...

I have a feeling he was being sarcastic, but this is actually the right answer or at least close to it. At least from what I heard, D1 wrestler, D1 Pitcher and as high as a top 10 Heavyweight. Guy is a stud.

Lets not forget that JDS beat Brock in a test of athleticism.

Back