Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

10000 Days

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Rogan keeps on saying that Brock Lesnar is a heavyweight that moves like half of his weight. Are there heavyweights who are naturally more athletic than Brock?

Overeem when he was half chemicals I guess, it really is rare to see a huge athletic heavyweight without the whole PED allegations.

Roy nelson, without a shadow of a doubt...

Brock's pure athleticism along with his size is what won him the title and got him two defenses of it. He didn't win it on fighting skills. I loved it. He was fun to watch. But realistically, yes, he is in my eyes the most athletic heavyweight in MMA so far.

It's between Brock Lesnar and Kevin Randleman.

For sheer athleticism thru massive size: Brock Lesnar & Mark Kerr. Andrei Arlovski too

Brock's pure athleticism along with his size is what won him the title and got him two defenses of it. He didn't win it on fighting skills. I loved it. He was fun to watch. But realistically, yes, he is in my eyes the most athletic heavyweight in MMA so far.

Div 1 National Champion Wrestler is not "Fighting Skills"?

I'd say the ones mentioned, Brock, Randleman. You might even toss a guy like Schaub in there. I know people can't stand him and he isn't a great fighter, but he is pretty athletic. Fedor was also pretty athletic. If I had to pick one I might pick Randleman.

It's a close tie between Fedor and Lesnar.

Lesnar is huge and extremely fast for his size but his strikes and head movement were not that quick.

Fedor had all-around speed - closing the distance, firing off combinations, landing ground and pound and exploding into submissions off his back. Another factor people often overlook is Fedor's cardio. He put more into his punches than Cain but never showed fatigue other than in the 3rd Nogueira fight.

Fedor had the striking speed of a 170er and the transitions/takedowns of a 135er

Tom Erickson was pretty athletic:

20150316075223_000003.JPG

Back