Most athletic Heavyweight ever?

JordanFlip.gif

shawn-jordan.jpg

828-randleman_victory12pridegp1.jpg

Randleman. EASY. And maybe rashad evans for what it's worth

Sherdog has the most messed up definition of the term. Someone like Nick Diaz, who literally has never shown signs of tiredness during a fight and does triathlons have repeatedly been called 'unathletic'.

I believe the term is skewed by sports like the NFL. Sherdoggers think overweight titans exerting a lot of force for 10-30 seconds is the ultimate form of athleticism. Only in one country is that considered athletic.

agreed every goddamn thread about this its always the narrow NFL definition of athlete
..muscle endurance and cardio dont even come into it

agreed every goddamn thread about this its always the narrow NFL definition of athlete
..muscle endurance and cardio dont even come into it

Or general coordination or reaction time but you need those to be a top athlete too depending on the sport.

One guy I would always mention on this topic is Aleks, for a 6 foot 5 250lb man he had quick/slick foot and hand speed.

One guy I would always mention on this topic is Aleks, for a 6 foot 5 250lb man he had quick/slick foot and hand speed.

If you go by speed/size ratio I don't think anyone beats Aleks. He was a freak athlete, Fedor always said he was the better athlete which is pretty crazy cause I think Fedor had the fastest reaction time of any MMA fighter I have ever seen.

His success in wrestling was mainly due to his strength as well

I'm sorry if someone had already corrected you on this, but Brock at one point was a beast in hand fighting, body "surfing", and other facets of wrestling. He knew people looked at him as nothing more than an athletic freak, and knew he couldn't rely on that alone, he has discipline and is pretty good at comprehension for someone who comes off as little bit more than a dummy.

Fedor

Cain is a close second imo

He's not wrong if you consider Brock's unique blend of strength, explosiveness, and speed. From a physical strength and speed perspective, and for a guy his size, he is in a class of his own. Sure there are guys from NFL/NBA/ whatever other sports that are faster or might be stronger in a single area... but they get outclassed when all of those performance metrics are taken together.

He's not wrong if you consider Brock's unique blend of strength, explosiveness, and speed. From a physical strength and speed perspective, and for a guy his size, he is in a class of his own. Sure there are guys from NFL/NBA/ whatever other sports that are faster or might be stronger in a single area... but they get outclassed when all of those performance metrics are taken together.

Well said.

Components of athleticism:

Strength and Power/Explosiveness
Speed, Quickness and Agility
Stamina and Endurance
Balance, Flexibility and Coordination

Back