More impressive resume? (GSP/Silva/Jones)

Hughes is the only win GSP has that rivals Hendo, Franklin, Forrest, Vitor.

Anyway peace ya big goofball. Lol.

Haha. In what universe do Forrest and Franklin come close to someone like Shields? The same guy who beat Hendo by the way.

I think Silva over Forrest is a better win than GSP over Diaz.

GSP over Shields>Silva/Forrest though.

IMO.

Chuck-4
Rampage-1
Forrest-0
Rashad-0
Lyoto-1
Shogun-0
Jones-8

Oh yeah, i guess winning the belt doesnt count as a "defense"

my mistake, but I think that's a somewhat skewed way to look at it, All it really means is the division was much more compeptitive before jones came through. Alot of those guys Have (or should) taken off to MW

Edit: Well now that I think about it I guess the fact the division was competitive before says something.

Oh yeah, i guess winning the belt doesnt count as a "defense"

my mistake, but I think that's a somewhat skewed way to look at it, All it really means is the division was much more compeptitive before jones came through. Alot of those guys Have (or should) taken off to MW

I think its impressive, considering he beat all of those champs except Chuck and Forrest.

Pretty evident he would own Forrest, and he'd beat Chuck for sure.

LHW goat for me.

jones is very impressive, look at those names on there seriously.. only thing id say to that is some of those guys were maybe MAAYYBEEE a tad bit passed their prime, where as Pierre beat his opponents at their peak.

One more dominant win for Jones and he takes it for me. Right now I'm still going GSP. I think Aldo is right there as well.

Fitch>Forrest

Nah, i disagree with that.

I can see the argument though. Fitch was riding a huge win streak going into that fight with GSP.

Forrest was coming off a loss, but he actually one way or another reached the top of his division and was champion.

As a fighter i think Fitch is better overall.

So i can see that for sure, i think Silva/Forrest was better though.

EDIT-I guess i do agree, Forrest has a better legacy, and i think Silva owning him was the better win of the two (between GSP/Fitch). But overall Fitch is a better fighter than Forrest, i agree with that.

Nah, i disagree with that.

I can see the argument though. Fitch was riding a huge win streak going into that fight with GSP.

Forrest was coming off a loss, but he actually one way or another reached the top of his division and was champion.

As a fighter i think Fitch is better overall.

So i can see that for sure, i think Silva/Forrest was better though.

If Jones had Forrest on his record, I'd put him above GSP.

Fedor's response to this thread/ not being an option...

Fedor_thumbsdown1.gif

haha, but seriously everybody should just chill and enjoy the ride. At the end of his career you can judge all his accolades and compare them to everybody else.. But w.e. its all subjective anyways.

Definitely not Anderson. Jones has consistently beaten more great fighters on his title run but I don't think he has beaten someone of the legendary caliber of Penn or Hughes. I will probably give it to Jones since he has beaten a bunch of monsters, but i wouldn't be opposed to give it to GSP.

GSP, overall. Defeated everyone he's stepped into the octagon with.

Jones resume is more impressive when you keep in mind he's only 27.

GSP for now, but I'll say this: Jones's wins over Cormier, Gus, Rashad, Lyoto, and Teixeira all impressed the hell out of me.

Aldo should be in this discussion btw. Guys like Edgar, Faber, and Mendes are as good as any other.

Back