More impressive resume? (GSP/Silva/Jones)

Definitely Jones. His competition is at the very least comparable to GSP's but wins more impressively.

Aldo should be in this discussion btw. Guys like Edgar, Faber, and Mendes are as good as any other.

Agree, would probably have more votes than Silva right now.

These 3 generally are talked about in GOAT discussions the most though which is why i chose just them. (well and Fedor)

Aldo i agree is in the same class.

Definitely Jones. His competition is at the very least comparable to GSP's but wins more impressively.

I took that all into account but still have GSP ahead due to context of when the resume of fighters fought the champs.

I took that all into account but still have GSP ahead due to context of when the resume of fighters fought the champs.

Yeah I'm kinda struggling.

Its always been GSP for me in this department, and rather easily.

But Jones resume is outstanding as well. He made previous champs Rampage and Shogun tap, gave Lyoto a brutal loss.

And still is beating the elite of his division, DC, Gus, Glover etc.

This has always been GSP for me, but now after beating DC I'm giving it to Jones.

But in all honesty GSP's resume is just as impressive.

Thing is Jones is still going to add to his also.

Jones. LHW hasn't been deep during his reign, but has the strongest title challengers with the best lists of wins. Jones has now beat the best of the last & current generation, like GSP also did.

GSP and JONES are so far ahead of Silva's hand fed tailor made fights this isn't even a debate.

Stats below have been updated post UFC 167.

Georges

Anderson “the Spider” Silva (age 38):
 Won 11 UFC title fights (2nd place), 10 of those were defenses (1st place). His record in UFC title fights is 11-2 which is not as good as GSP
 Anderson was a UFC champion for 6 years and 9 months (and did it with a single title reign)(1st place)
 Anderson won 16 fights in the UFC (tied for 3rd place)
 Silva’s UFC win percentage is .889 (16 wins in 18 fights); his overall win percentage is .846 (33 wins in 39 fights). Both percentages are worse than GSP
 The Spider’s longest consecutive win streak in the UFC was 16 (1st place)

Strength of schedule:
 Anderson had 13 UFC title bouts (3rd place). 46% of the fights in his entire professional career have been for a title (18 title fights out of 39 total fights)
 According to CoffeeAndBeer's thread, the Spider has 12 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (2nd place)
 According to Rester's thread, Anderson has 16 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (2nd place)
 Silva’s record vs. current/future UFC hall of famers is 5 wins and 0 losses (2-0 vs. Rich Franklin, 1-0 vs. Dan Henderson, 1-0 vs. Forrest Griffin, 1-0 vs. Stephan Bonnar)
 The Spider has 6 wins against former UFC/Pride champs (Franklin 2x, Hendo, Newton, Griffin, and Belfort)
 The Spider defeated 2 BJJ world medalists (Maia, Lutter), 2 world-class wrestlers (Henderson, Sonnen 2x), the best judoka (Okami), the best kick boxer (Franklin), and the best boxer (Vitor) at MW

Other Significant Stats:
 Future hall of famer (first ballot)
 Professional MMA career: 16+ years (June 25, 1997 – TBD)
 Won a total of 12 UFC of the night bonuses (tied 1st place): FOTN 3x, SOTN 2x, KOTN 7x
 Rank on the UFC’s official top 10 significant stats lists:
Striking
  • Knockdowns landed - 17 (1st place)
  • Significant strike accuracy - 67% (1st place)
 UFC Compensation: Anderson Silva money (2nd place)

Yep, by far.

You're out to lunch, bud.

Not even debatable that you can say at least GSP is close, in terms of resume but I am sure you have a delusional bias against GSP, to make a comment as such.

You're out to lunch, bud.

Not even debatable that you can say at least GSP is close, in terms of resume but I am sure you have a delusional bias against GSP, to make a comment as such.

Too many natural LW's on his resume for him to be close to Jones.

Gsp for me but i do think Jones will pass that in the next couple of years

I automatically clicked Jones in the poll but taking another look at the GSP one and it's very close.

Back