More impressive resume? (GSP/Silva/Jones)

Jones will have the best when it's all said and done. GSP wins for now.

I think it's Bones, his resume is basically just a list of mma legends

Now that I have processed Jones' win over Cormier I feel like I have a more objective stance on this. I voted for GSP. If all 3 were retired right now, and I viewed their careers as a whole, I would pick GSP-1, Silva-2, Jones-3. GSP just had an incredible reign at the top of the WW division and had no weakness as an MMA fighter. Silva had a good career at 170 lbs and then won the 185 lb crown in the UFC, as well as occasionally embarrassing 205 lbers. Had Anderson retired prior to the Weidman fights, I would have had him at #1.

Jones is close behind the two, but I still think it's relatively early in his career compared to GSP and Silva. Now I believe that he could set a new high standard, and eclipse GSP and Silva both. What Jones has going for him is the fact that I basically don't think he's ever really lost a fight except for the Hamill fiasco. And if a loss involves your opponent being crushed with elbows, a dislocated shoulder, and a bloody face while you are penalized for crushing him, then that loss is better to me than any other type of loss. Jones has handily defeated everyone except for Gustafsson, and I believe that rematch will be very important for Jones' legacy if it happens.

Silva imo. Yes less quality opponents but I always felt Silva seemed invincible. Jones is getting closer to there (sadly) and GSP I always felt like someone had a shot at beating him.

That's cool and all but that has nothing to do what the thread is about.

I'll go with Jones because he's stopped so many people in title fights. Something GSP has not done in ages.

GSP > Jones >>>>>> Silva

giphy.gif

Jones. Turned LHW into a no man's land and even ran some people out of the division.

The Menjivar fight was bullshit.

I'd say Jones because his opponents have better wins than the other 2's lists.

Jones, in my opinion. LHW was considered the premiere division in MMA until Bones came into the picture and turned it into a wasteland.

This. LHW was the most stacked division. Everyone was calling for Silva to move up, saying he was ducking the murderers at LHW and fighting in the super-shallow MW division.

Then Bones came in, killed Shogun and stomped out everybody else afterwards. It was unreal, still is.

GSP was most dominant, Silva made it look easy, but Bones has the best wins.

Jones and GSP resume are pretty impressive due to them fighting big names, legends, and pioneers of the sport.

Anderson's resume is filled with big fights.

Jones without doubt. In the words of Luke Thomas, "not even debatable". So don't even think about trying it.

It's mildly amusing you are voting against the guy who beat Gus.

You know, since you keep stating that Gus is the "future GOAT"

pray for jones to retire right after his rehab cause if he comes back he will get obliterated by gus

it will be sad for you

and i will be mad cause i wont get to mock you guys cause half of you will be banned cause of account bet bs

interesting that you came here after he won against gus and youre gonna leave after he loses to him

the cycle will be complete

Had to go with GSP. He has a slightly better resume by beating Hughes(All time great WW, former champ and UFC Legend), Penn(All time great LW, former champ and UFC Legend) and Kos(NCAA Div I Champion wrestler) each twice as well as beating a bunch of the best Welterweights(Fitch, Alves) and former champions from other Orgs(Condit, Diaz and Shields) for years.

This. LHW was the most stacked division. Everyone was calling for Silva to move up, saying he was ducking the murderers at LHW and fighting in the super-shallow MW division.

Then Bones came in, killed Shogun and stomped out everybody else afterwards. It was unreal, still is.

GSP was most dominant, Silva made it look easy, but Bones has the best wins.

Yeah

Chuck, Rampage, Forrest, Rashad, Lyoto and Shogun (past 6 champs before Jones) all combined for 6 total title defenses.

Jones now has 8.

pray for jones to retire right after his rehab cause if he comes back he will get obliterated by gus

it will be sad for you

and i will be mad cause i wont get to mock you guys cause half of you will be banned cause of account bet bs

interesting that you came here after he won against gus and youre gonna leave after he loses to him

I actually came here after Silva lost to Weidman.

Didn't make an account until Oct, though.

GSP has some solid names on his resume but quite a few lightweights. He has never moved up either.

I would have to rank Anderson's as the best with Bones probably one or two fights away from taking the top spot.

Anderson & GSP are both going to fight again so things can move. They might even fight each other.

it will be sad for you

It's fine, until then, I'm more than happy mocking you.

Back