More impressive resume? (GSP/Silva/Jones)

GSP will win because of Jones' haters.

Impossible to believe GSP had the better resume? They are close. If you think otherwise, it's because you're a GSP hater. Nothing more, nothing less.

Impossible to believe GSP had the better resume? They are close. If you think otherwise, it's because you're a GSP hater. Nothing more, nothing less.

Love GSP. Don't like Jones. Check my sig. It is close but I think Jones has the tougher resume.

And Jones doesn't have too many natural MW's on his resume?

Jones has Vitor and Sonnen who fought at higher weight classes before.

GSP has Penn, Serra, Sherk.

Guess it's not as a big difference as I initially thought, at least Jones didn't lose to fighters in lower class.

Still picking Bones.

Guess it's not as a big difference as I initially thought, at least Jones didn't lose to fighters in lower class.

Still picking Bones.

Sherk fought at WW the majority of his career lol

By this logic, Machida was a MW.

GSP will win because of Jones' haters.

Pretty much this. Jones has a resume filled with MMA greats, champions, and future Hall of famers. But like many great fighters during their reign (Ali for example), he won't get his credit until he is done.

Still picking Bones.

BJ Penn had fought at a higher weight-class too. He's still a "natural LW" just like how Vitor and Sonnen are for MW.

Natural this, natural that is such a loose term that one could say Machida, Shogun and Rashad are all natural MW's aswell

Ok so they are 2 for 2. Jones still didn't lose to a guy that had no place fighting him in the first place.

So, basically they are close and even though you don't want to admit it, it's no stretch to pick GSP.

Got it.

BJ Penn had fought at a higher weight-class too. He's still a "natural LW" just like how Vitor and Sonnen are for MW.

Natural this, natural that is such a loose term that one could say Machida, Shogun and Rashad are all natural MW's aswell

Penn fought at a higher weight class while heavily undersized. The same cannot be said about Vitor and Sonnen, both are big dudes in their weight class.

So, basically they are close and even though you don't want to admit it, it's no stretch to pick GSP.

Got it.

Nope they aren't close or even. Jones is just a better more well rounded fighter. They would have been even if GSP didn't have two loses on his resume which were legit finishes.

I don't even like Jones and give GSP props on the regular too FWIW.

Penn fought at a higher weight class while heavily undersized. The same cannot be said about Vitor and Sonnen, both are big dudes in their weight class.

Vitor and Sonnen maybe big dudes for their division but are undersized for LHW, hence being "natural MW's."

It's always been said that Machida, Shogun and Rashad were undersized for LHW. One already has made the move down. The other 2 could do the same if they wanted to.

Vitor and Sonnen maybe big dudes for their division but are undersized for LHW, hence being "natural MW's."

It's always been said that Machida, Shogun and Rashad were undersized for LHW. One already has made the move down. The other 2 could do the same if they wanted to.

They still had a more size advantage at a higher weight class than Penn ever had and that's my point. I'd even go as far to say that Karo was a small WW too. Clearly there is not point for them to move down, if they felt they had some sort of advantage at a lower class then I'm sure they would have moved down.

They still had a more size advantage at a higher weight class than Penn ever had and that's my point. I'd even go as far to say that Karo was a small WW too. Clearly there is not point for them to move down, if they felt they had some sort of advantage at a lower class then I'm sure they would have moved down.

Penn was also far better p4p then alll of them. Karo was a good win at the time.

Nope they aren't close or even. Jones is just a better more well rounded fighter. They would have been even if GSP didn't have two loses on his resume which were legit finishes.

I don't even like Jones and give GSP props on the regular too FWIW.

GSP fought more guys that weren't shells of their former self, by the time they fought the champ.

It's close. It's done; Polls says you're wrong. Deal with it.

And my point is that if BJ Penn, Sherk and Serra are natural LW's then Sonnen, Vitor and Machida are natural MW's.

Back