News More details of Luis Peña’s arrest surface, accused of hitting girlfriend and breaking phone

Next he'll be charged with murder and a moving violation.

Surely he’ll be cut over this right? Lower-tier fighter accused of domestic assault?

Inb4 "they're cage fighters, not role models" excuses and "we need to hear both sides" apologists.

The cage fighters, not role models response is bullshit. So I agree with you there.

But of course we need to hear both sides isn't apologizing for anything. It's standard practice to ensure fairness and justice. If one just assumes that the man is wrong and the woman is right, it makes them a sexist bigot.

Nobody talked about the fact that he just adding another W to his record?

You're jumping to a conclusion to be a white knight. I never once said it's okay for a female to hit you. But if you could read I said an untrained female, so no I'm not going to hit an untrained women back because its not a big risk of a threat. Stop trying so hard
Then you're just reinforcing the bad behavior which makes you just as bad as the female doing the hitting.

Like I said Mr. white knight, appropriate force should be used. I specifically said I wouldn't ball up my fist and blast a female but I would restrain then while calling the police. I don't treat women like they're some delicate flower that needs white gloves to handle. They're are human beings that do the same evil shit men do.

And if a women is hitting you, as a trained fighter, you should have the ability to restrain the woman until the police arrive without causing significant harm to her.

Most women don't need or want your pity. They want you to treat them like human beings. Literally. I asked what the average feminists wants and the overwhelming answer I got was to be treated like how you would treat a man. That's equality. Not treating someone different because of their sexes. They specifically said the damsel in distress attitude men have with women hurts their cause. It does not help it. If you wouldn't want a man doing something to you then you need to have that same standard with women. That's what they want.

I'm not putting it past a girl breaking her phone or even harming herself to put it on the partner, put him in jail. As Luis said, accusations and evidence are two different things. With that said I cant stand him and I wonder what evidence is against him

I dont give a fuck what crime he did if you are dumb enough to believe they are serious enough to care to label himself permanently as mentally ill you Sir are dumb as fuck. Why dont you ask some people with illnesses if that label or those issues fixes any problem. Its not saving his job and he damn sure aint facing time. So you Sir are ready to attack the weakest part of a man. That he says he has mental illness. Even if he is lying he is mentally ill because the situation doesn’t even warrant that. You not understanding this makes me know you are a bully who normalizes attacking the mentally weak. A bitch
I’m not trying to argue with you, bro, but I read all of your posts with Mike Perry’s voice in my head lmao.

What do you make of this (from front page)?:

"In a follow-up interview with Pena’s girlfriend on June 15, the woman claimed that Pena punched her in the head when she asked him to leave, but she refused to let police see the lump that the blow allegedly caused."

Not disputing her story, just looking for some insight.

Sounds like the mental illness Pena is suffering from is Overpossesive Boyfriend Fatalis, this is a serious condition that needs attention... I’d hate to see anymore unnecessarily broken phones or cooked rabbits on account of Violent Bob not getting the help he needs.

I think the idea being pushed is that alot of people commit crimes and blame it on mental illness. There are also plenty of people who commit crimes that are completely fine. I'd say drug or/and alcohol abuse is something to look into first as substance abuse is far more likely to cause violence in someone whether they are mentally ill or not.
And substance abuse, more often than not, is caused by mental health problems.

We aren’t far off from each other. Some of the discussion we’d get into from this point is almost a ‘chicken or the egg’ debate. Whether you want to say mental illness, substance abuse or violence itself is the core issue, there are obviously neglected corners of our society that we don’t want to talk about on a large scale. A lot of this stems from poverty, too.

I think people who don’t commit crimes or have these major problems feel better about themselves when they see others self destruct. We don’t have a very helpful society when it comes to lifting each other up. People would rather call others scum bags, lazy, addicts, thugs, etc. Makes them feel better about their own shortcomings and let’s them say ‘hey at least I’m not that guy’.

Lowers the bar and ignores real issues. Too easy.

Another violent criminal hiding behind the fad of blaming mental health.
He’s literally been making erratic posts for months about mental health on Instagram - nice try though. Also CTE and erratic behaviour is a scientific thing, go look at any number of football players killing themselves / girlfriends etc.

No taking responsibility is taking measures to either get help, or avoid situations you know know cannot manage. He got jealous and hit his girl and broke her shit. Then when he got in trouble he tried to claim he's sick. Not the same thing.
Read my post above, nice try though. P.S I’m not defending his actions or what he did just you insinuating he only brought up mental health now.

Inb4 "they're cage fighters, not role models" excuses and "we need to hear both sides" apologists.

we do need to hear both sides

everyone threw johnny depp under the bus meanwhile amber heard is a nutjob

Back