News More details of Luis Peña’s arrest surface, accused of hitting girlfriend and breaking phone

The robbery and battery charges pending against UFC lightweight Luis Pena stem from an alleged domestic violence incident on June 14 where his girlfriend of one year told police he punched her and broke her iPhone 11.

When police in Boca Raton, Fla., were called to the woman’s residence on a domestic disturbance call, she said she had just engaged in a physical altercation with Pena after he accused her of looking at other men on Instagram, grabbed her phone and destroyed it, according to a domestic probable cause affidavit in Palm Beach County (Fla.) obtained by MMA Fighting.

Pena, 27, remains in the Broward County (Fla.) main jail as he awaits a bond hearing on a trio of charges that triggered an arrest warrant in Palm Beach County. Because he was arrested in a different county than the alleged crime, his attorney Daniel Martinez told MMA Fighting, his bond hearing has been be delayed. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, it has been taking up to 30 days to transfer inmates between jails.

“An accusation is not worth the piece of paper it’s printed on,” he said. “Nobody was there. There’s no evidence. It’s just person A’s rendition versus person B’s. ... Accusations are accusations. Evidence is evidence.”

Pena is charged with three crimes: robbery by sudden snatching, battery and criminal mischief. The first two are felonies that potentially carry serious jail time. The UFC told ESPN, which first reported the domestic violence affidavit, that the promotion is monitoring Pena’s case and said the fighter has been suffering from substance abuse issues. The week prior to his arrest, Pena said he planned to get help after struggling with mental health issues.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/6/23/22547776/ufcs-luis-pena-arrest-accused-of-punching-girlfriend-breaking-phone-in-domestic-dispute

I guess that's the last we'll be seeing of old Louie.

Another violent criminal hiding behind the fad of blaming mental health.

To be fair, the paths of life that lead many people to degenerate behavior do stem from mental health issues. However, a human life is always unique and no two are completely alike. One person might be raised by abusive drunks and another by loving parents and both might wind up as awful people or loving, focused people.

I cant think of any situation shy of his life being in immediate danger to justify a grown man let alone mma fighter to put his hands on a woman. So unless she had a knife or a gun pointed at him I could care less what his excuse is.
Lol. I'm not opposed to equal force. Too many women think it's okay to go around slapping men.

Lol. I'm not opposed to equal force. Too many women think it's okay to go around slapping men.
Meh I don't feel the need to hit something I know is weaker than me. I'll save then energy for an actual problem.

Whew I'm just glad it was not an Iphone 12, that would have been some shit.
Exactly what I thought when I read it. Being an overly possessive boyfriend who will snatch your phone off you and break it is one thing...but a next gen phone?

Guy has SERIOUS problems.

Or which phone doesn't fucking matter and mentioning the model only takes away from the real crime.

I don’t know you nor care to but fuck you and any coward supporting attacking a man for admitting he has a mental illness. Don’t mention me nor quote me. Spineless Bitch. Some of you dudes are out of hand with the disrespect. Keep it karate. You clearly are supported by the same punk ass mods who dub people who call you out for supporting that sick shit. Fuck them to.
It’s a karate forum, calm down.

Knuckles hurt. Regardless of who throws them. Easy to be tough online though.
Lol says the guy who would hit a girl if he gets punched, are you worried about getting boo boos from an untrained female?

Never liked him, but I hope this isn't true.

If it is....I hope he's in general population.

Trust me....him being a 145lbs(soaking wet) professional fighter isn't going to help much if the goons in Broward County jail decide they're gonna try him.

I don’t know you nor care to but fuck you and any coward supporting attacking a man for admitting he has a mental illness. Don’t mention me nor quote me. Spineless Bitch. Some of you dudes are out of hand with the disrespect. Keep it karate. You clearly are supported by the same punk ass mods who dub people who call you out for supporting that sick shit. Fuck them to.
LOL you angry little twerp. I have not said a SINGLE thing negative about mental health issues or Violent Bob. I suggested YOU were spluttering and ought to bow out of the several conversations you were getting toxic with...and also getting owned. For now, I'll reiterate that I know very little about Violent Bob, cast no judgement, and support anyone who reaches out for help with mental issues. I will also reiterate sir, that you should pipe the fuck down.

LOL you angry little twerp. I have not said a SINGLE thing negative about mental health issues or Violent Bob. I suggested YOU were spluttering and ought to bow out of the several conversations you were getting toxic with...and also getting owned. For now, I'll reiterate that I know very little about Violent Bob, cast no judgement, and support anyone who reaches out for help with mental issues. I will also reiterate sir, that you should pipe the fuck down.
Why do you assume everyone that calls out that weak male behavior of disrespecting people with mental illness is angry? That’s the problem with you weak simple bitch made posse up kool aid with no sugar drinking bitches. I bet you drank Wyler’s you weak bitch

5ebxtv.jpg

Back