More bad press for BT Sport (UK's home for UFC) after 100% price increase.

I got BT Sport when it was like £12 a month when it started out, then I had to renew and they tried charging me £27 or something stupid. I support West Ham, I don't need Champions League games. I already pay £50 a month for Sky alone so to pay another £40 for just UFC is ridiculous.

I cancelled it purely because they were just upping the prices every other month, I stream all UFC's now never have a single problem with the quality.

I'd pay £25/30 a month for fight pass if they included PPV's in it aswell but with BT Sport it was advert central, staying up to 3am and not getting enough for my money.

Does this include virgin media? I upgraded my package for sport?

No, this is just on that platform they've added a 100% increase on, I have heard Virgin Media have some price hikes coming but not sure how true that is or what services it's for.

BT Sport might have some increase though as I know they are trying to find ways to make up the lost money from the backlash and something about over spending on some football leagues or something.

Hopefully you won't though as it is just reports I've seen talking about it.

I got BT Sport when it was like £12 a month when it started out, then I had to renew and they tried charging me £27 or something stupid. I support West Ham, I don't need Champions League games. I already pay £50 a month for Sky alone so to pay another £40 for just UFC is ridiculous.

I cancelled it purely because they were just upping the prices every other month, I stream all UFC's now never have a single problem with the quality.

I'd pay £25/30 a month for fight pass if they included PPV's in it aswell but with BT Sport it was advert central, staying up to 3am and not getting enough for my money.

I know, I know I sound like a broken record but they really need to go with the WWE Network route, I think it's inevitable not just because this rinsing fans is becoming too much but also the digital platform etc.. too, there will always be a better service coming out who will take advantage of knowing these TV companies are greedy.

It goes by numbers like the lower they charge the more subscriptions they get which makes a huge difference when they charge too much, again, WWE Network nailed it and they had their highest annual quarter in 2018 I think it was ever and we know how WWE have been around years so that's really good.

They wouldn't need to over charge and charge that much as they need to make it affordable for all their fans and not eliminate some just because they might have a lower income, this is where the WWE fans have loved it and Vince has smashed it, he's got all their custom and it's all his custom too.

I'm sure at some point it'll happen, it will need to for the growth of the UFC too and how they evolve, they're still a new sport and this is where this whole BT Sport thing is starting to really damage them because they're losing rather than gaining and quite a lot too.

It's a shame cause up until recently as I say BT Sport were awesome but they've just got greedy and it's had backlash straight away, very harsh too.

Last edited:

What do you stream the UFC with anyway? As I was saying earlier I'm not really clued up on this as I've always just preferred to buy the services (I can completely understand how that's changed for most people though even if it's our of principal).

I mentioned in another reply here about that as I'm not sure in regards to it all, the post where I mentioned the Firestick.

I'd be gutted if it was unreliable or cutting out all the time though but as I say I completely get it 100000% as to why people stream because until they bring their prices down and stop their greed, it's going to happen to them, they'll never be able to stop it but if they weren't so greedy the majority of people would probably just buy their services.

It makes no sense to me why they think it'll work for them but I dunno lol

Nobody gives a fuck what you Goofs think.

Dana doesn't give two fucks if you watch the ppv or not

You are a bunch of fucking morons and dildos
1494710165933.jpg

What do you stream the UFC with anyway? As I was saying earlier I'm not really clued up on this as I've always just preferred to buy the services (I can completely understand how that's changed for most people though even if it's our of principal).

I mentioned in another reply here about that as I'm not sure in regards to it all, the post where I mentioned the Firestick.

I'd be gutted if it was unreliable or cutting out all the time though but as I say I completely get it 100000% as to why people stream because until they bring their prices down and stop their greed, it's going to happen to them, they'll never be able to stop it but if they weren't so greedy the majority of people would probably just buy their services.

It makes no sense to me why they think it'll work for them but I dunno lol

I've dropped you a message with how I do it mate.

Bro I am on the same fucking boat and I think it's a disgrace!

Only because of champions league, boxing and UFC do I keep BT sport as I have my internet through them

It's getting cancelled to fuck!

I hear you, are you happy with the champions League coverage they give? I don't follow football but I saw a comment somewhere saying they only give you half of the games or something that they're supposed to?

I can't comment myself as I have no idea but apparently they spent a lot of money on that too.

Funny how they introduced the Box Office idea also in December last year after this, they must think we're stupid lol

I've dropped you a message with how I do it mate.

Thank you, I appreciate your kindness (will have a browse when on PC as it's easier then so will get back to you and thank you sincerely!!)

For those who don't know in the UK you can get BT Sport as part of your Plusnet broadband for a reduced price due to having so many services with them they offer this as a thank you however they have just had to increase their price for BT Sport by 100% and obviously this has upset a lot of people with them now expected to receive thousands of cancellations.

As mentioned I received a call a couple of months ago from BT asking me for feedback as they were begging customers due to shooting themselves in the foot with the UFC 239 trick that backfired and they're expecting it again for UFC 242 (which they've already started to receive).

Click here for an article that has gone out since the announcement today

Honestly, this isn't about a UK vs US thing because the people in the US have been stung for WAY too long (as I've always said), I really feel for people in the US because they've had this shit more than anyone but the truth is it needs to stop.

This is more reason why Dana needs to take the UFC distribution into his own hands the same way the WWE Network did and deal direct with the consumer (us) by cutting out the greedy middle men in between and having all profit to himself (as he deserves).

I feel sorry for Plusnet because they are going to receive the same kind of backlash but it's really not their fault with the increase, it's the only way they can offer BT Sport to their subscribers through their platform as BT are trying to make their money up they've lost.

It's only matter of time until BT Sport go under now as they've really damaged themselves since doing this.
giphy.gif

Who uses plusnet ? Seriously? 90% of users are on Sky or Virgin.

BT sport is going know where it has almost half of the premier League rights now. UFC brings them a small extra base of customers but not significant.

You seem to constantly moan about BT sport, but want quality coverage. BT sport do a good job of showing UFC when there main product is football.

They provide a service to make money. If you don't want that company to earn money don't moan when you lose the service they provide with UFC content.

I pay £109 per month for the best internet package, all Sky sports, BT sports and the full package Movies etc. With Virgin media.A have boxes in 5 rooms in the house. It's more than worth it for what you get
Congratulations for being a moron who's proud to be ripped off by these stupid companies, I'm sure you also love the yearly price increase and paying TV licence to biased , full of crooks and paedophiles BBC

Last edited:
Congratulations for being a moron who's proud to be ripped off by these stupid companies, I'm sure you also love the yearly price increase and paying TV licence to biased , full of crooks and paedophiles BBC and

I dont think I'm getting ripped off to be honest. Think it's pretty good Value. I don't see the point in the licence fee any more.

You have to pay for things to get the service, aren't you using the internet now and watch the UFC? They are both services that Cost money.

Everyone wants everything for free then moans when the service is shit.

I hear you, are you happy with the champions League coverage they give? I don't follow football but I saw a comment somewhere saying they only give you half of the games or something that they're supposed to?

I can't comment myself as I have no idea but apparently they spent a lot of money on that too.

Funny how they introduced the Box Office idea also in December last year after this, they must think we're stupid lol

Thank you, I appreciate your kindness (will have a browse when on PC as it's easier then so will get back to you and thank you sincerely!!)

The champions league is decent, but it used to be free on ITV

I think the only reason BT Sport kept the UFC, is because they thought they could make a quick buck on major ppv's!

Only Conor appeals to the masses of casuals in the UK and to be honest, I doubt many would even pay to watch him either

The champions league is decent, but it used to be free on ITV

I think the only reason BT Sport kept the UFC, is because they thought they could make a quick buck on major ppv's!

Only Conor appeals to the masses of casuals in the UK and to be honest, I doubt many would even pay to watch him either

I agree all of my friends come to my house to watch the UFC because they know i'm watching it, they'd never buy it themselves. I only know 2/3 people who have a genuine interest in MMA. I know about 20 who will watch a Conor fight though.

I agree all of my friends come to my house to watch the UFC because they know i'm watching it, they'd never buy it themselves. I only know 2/3 people who have a genuine interest in MMA. I know about 20 who will watch a Conor fight though.

I think BT dropped the ball by going down the ppv route!

They probably have had very high figures viewing the UFC over the years and banked that half the subscribers would pay for the major fights.

As you say, unless it's a Conor fight, I can't see major numbers for any UFC ppv's!

I think BT dropped the ball by going down the ppv route!

They probably have had very high figures viewing the UFC over the years and banked that half the subscribers would pay for the major fights.

As you say, unless it's a Conor fight, I can't see major numbers for any UFC ppv's!

Agree with all of that. The time difference doesn't help with anyone trying to get into MMA either. My friends had interest in the Jones fight but when they found out it started at 4am they lost all interest. Same with me and boxing I guess, I'm a boxing fan but I'm a casual one, if AJ is fighting at Wembley I'm watching, if he's fighting Ruiz at 3am I'm not.

I only watch normal TV for the UFC, that costs me £55 a month (about to go up to £59). Now BT sport are charging £20 extra for big cards. Im so close to saying bollocks to the lot of it and going down the dark route. Saving myself £79 every month sounds like a no brainer, especially seeing as BT sport don't give a shit about us fans.
I'm with you on that, with broadband and phone line etc I pay at least £70 a month.

UFC is literally the only thing I watch on that TV package, shit even my wife doesn't watch her gay ass TV shows anymore

Back