More bad press for BT Sport (UK's home for UFC) after 100% price increase.

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those who don't know in the UK you can get BT Sport as part of your Plusnet broadband for a reduced price due to having so many services with them they offer this as a thank you however they have just had to increase their price for BT Sport by 100% and obviously this has upset a lot of people with them now expected to receive thousands of cancellations.

As mentioned I received a call a couple of months ago from BT asking me for feedback as they were begging customers due to shooting themselves in the foot with the UFC 239 trick that backfired and they're expecting it again for UFC 242 (which they've already started to receive).

Click here for an article that has gone out since the announcement today

Honestly, this isn't about a UK vs US thing because the people in the US have been stung for WAY too long (as I've always said), I really feel for people in the US because they've had this shit more than anyone but the truth is it needs to stop.

This is more reason why Dana needs to take the UFC distribution into his own hands the same way the WWE Network did and deal direct with the consumer (us) by cutting out the greedy middle men in between and having all profit to himself (as he deserves).

I feel sorry for Plusnet because they are going to receive the same kind of backlash but it's really not their fault with the increase, it's the only way they can offer BT Sport to their subscribers through their platform as BT are trying to make their money up they've lost.

It's only matter of time until BT Sport go under now as they've really damaged themselves since doing this.

I only watch normal TV for the UFC, that costs me £55 a month (about to go up to £59). Now BT sport are charging £20 extra for big cards. Im so close to saying bollocks to the lot of it and going down the dark route. Saving myself £79 every month sounds like a no brainer, especially seeing as BT sport don't give a shit about us fans.

They are treading on thin ice considering no one gives a shit about MMA here and you have to be moronic to pay a penny these days when any half wit can get it for free on the internet anyway.

It blows my mind how much they charge for a PPV in the States, I would stream just out of spite and not even watch it.

I only watch normal TV for the UFC, that costs me £55 a month (about to go up to £59). Now BT sport are charging £20 extra for big cards. Im so close to saying bollocks to the lot of it and going down the dark route. Saving myself £79 every month sounds like a no brainer, especially seeing as BT sport don't give a shit about us fans.
I have watched every single major PPV for the last ten years for free and don't even have a TV licence, you are mugging yourself off mate.

I pay only like 25 euros for cable + sports and other channels pack and i get UFC with it , Stay paying 60 dollars a month while eating hotdogs from UFC Hot Dog brander.

Who uses plusnet ? Seriously? 90% of users are on Sky or Virgin.

BT sport is going know where it has almost half of the premier League rights now. UFC brings them a small extra base of customers but not significant.

You seem to constantly moan about BT sport, but want quality coverage. BT sport do a good job of showing UFC when there main product is football.

They provide a service to make money. If you don't want that company to earn money don't moan when you lose the service they provide with UFC content.

I pay £109 per month for the best internet package, all Sky sports, BT sports and the full package Movies etc. With Virgin media.A have boxes in 5 rooms in the house. It's more than worth it for what you get

I don't blame you, as I say I feel sorry for Plusnet because they're going to receive the same backlash now but I really don't think it's their fault, I couldn't believe it when I got the call from BT begging me for the feedback for around 50 minutes but I know from that call (and a couple after) they have damaged themselves with this and now they're panicking to make the money up.

BT are really fucking it up, Dana really needs to cut ties with them and cut out all the middle men because all they do is fuck things up, he really could deal direct with the consumer and have so much profit by cutting them out because they are damaging his product.

It needs to change for all as those in the US have had this shit even longer and it's not fair on them either.

It's only a matter of time until this whole thing falls, I wouldn't be surprised if BT Sport are no more in a couple of years or so because they've damages themselves.

I also heard they over spent on the football too and this was also why they brought in the Box Office channel, someone is making some bad decisions at BT and it's going to ruin them.

I'm cancelling when contract is up

239 showed me I really don't need them

I have watched every single major PPV for the last ten years for free and don't even have a TV licence, you are mugging yourself off mate.

I really am. We kept the TV service as we have 2 kids, but we now have smart Tvs and watch internet content all the time.

No need for normal TV other that BT Sport. This week I need to sort this stupidly out.

Who uses plusnet ? Seriously? 90% of users are on Sky or Virgin.

BT sport is going know where it has almost half of the premier League rights now. UFC brings them a small extra base of customers but not significant.

You seem to constantly moan about BT sport, but want quality coverage. BT sport do a good job of showing UFC when there main product is football.

They provide a service to make money. If you don't want that company to earn money don't moan when you lose the service they provide with UFC content.

A lot, you probably should learn about the situation a little more (I mean that with due respect).

Plusnet are one of the leading services right now and they have thousands on their platform with this BT package, the point isn't about Plusnet anyway it's about BT Sport being desperate to make the money back.

Also, did you see their earning they had last year before the Box Office thing? The main guy made about £30 million after Worldpay was acquired by Vantiv, its American rival, he then earns a basic salary of £1.1 million and is entitled to an annual bonus of as much as 240 per cent of his salary, long-term share awards worth four times his base pay and a pension top-up of £165,000, this was doing them really well before where as now it's stung them.

They were NOT struggling for money before and people were happy to support them back then, it's not coincidence so many people are upset.

Cable w/ ESPN $150. ESPN+ $5. PPV $59.99... America, land of the free.... :)

I really am. We kept the TV service as we have 2 kids, but we now have smart Tvs and watch internet content all the time.

No need for normal TV other that BT Sport. This week I need to sort this stupidly out.
Do it bud, you work hard for your money and spend all that for the shit the UFC put out these days? It's a joke.

Dana doesn't even own a second yacht and you people are complaining about the price of PPVs?

Greedy fans. SMH.

They are treading on thin ice considering no one gives a shit about MMA here and you have to be moronic to pay a penny these days when any half wit can get it for free on the internet anyway.

It blows my mind how much they charge for a PPV in the States, I would stream just out of spite and not even watch it.

They really are, honestly I can't see this shit lasting for much longer because it's not going to work for them, it's already proving to be difficult for them to do it here with them receiving lots of loss (hence this extra angle of a 100% price increase), they're trying desperately to make their money up.

I hear you about the US too, I honestly think and have done since day one it's been very unfair for them and out of order they've had to deal with this shit for so long, it needs to change for them too 100%.

I pay only like 25 euros for cable + sports and other channels pack and i get UFC with it , Stay paying 60 dollars a month while eating hotdogs from UFC Hot Dog brander.

It should be like this for everyone really, there's no middle ground and it's all about trying to push their luck every time by rinsing their customers that little bit more but people have had enough now.

Yeah, you're not the only one, the majority are hence why they ended up in this situation in the first place so it shows that, the majority of their customers are pissed off by this and rightly so because they are taking the piss and now they are panicking, they're going to ruin themselves.

I hope you manage to get it sorted anyway but as I say, Dana really needs to sort it out now and cut out these middle men because they really are fucking up his product and I don't think he believes us.

Last edited:
Holy fuck that is robbery. Am I right in saying when McGregor fights they up the PPV price?
Nope... but the ticket prices skyrocket. Also, if memory serves, Mayweather vs Pacman was $99... Not sure what ya'll overseas pay for a prime boxing event.

Dana doesn't even own a second yacht and you people are complaining about the price of PPVs?

Greedy fans. SMH.

I wish you would read.

And for the record BT Sport acquired a licence so all profit they make from how they distribute this is theirs only, they paid for the rights and nothing goes to Dana from their PPV (Everyone knows anyway but it's been confirmed by Dave Shaw, senior vice president of international content for UFC).

Also, you say that but did you read about Dana cutting out the middle men and earning all the profits himself in the OP and rightly so?

No, obviously you didn't, you probably should read the OP before commenting.

Cable w/ ESPN $150. ESPN+ $5. PPV $59.99... America, land of the free.... :)

Yeah, I can understand how the US have felt animosity towards the UK with us not having all these PPV prices as much as you guys as I would feel the same too but honestly, I have felt for a long time, genuinely that the US deserve much better and shouldn't have to deal with this shit, I've felt for you guys for a long time and not once have I ever felt the need to gloat or whatever (although I imagine some UK people have done this).

Truth is, it shouldn't happen to any of us, it's really ridiculous and pure greed and it really is the TV companies and the middle men, Dana doesn't get their platform for free either.

This is why I say Dana needs to work on getting all the profit to himself and cutting out those middle men who are not only greedy but they are fucking up the product.

I don't think Dana believes us though, I think he thinks it's just a case of fans wanting to moan but thats really not the case at all, he needs to have a chat with Vince McMahon lol

It's absurd as an American looking at the UK and see UK people paying $60 for just a sports channel. We pay $50 or $60 for an entire cable package. ESPN is probably only $6 of that $50 or $60. It's that soccer money. That's why Messi and others make $50 or $100 million a year.

Back