More bad press for BT Sport (UK's home for UFC) after 100% price increase.

My home broadband is a little over £20 per month and it includes all UFC and boxing PPV's

makes me laugh. This weekends ppv is stacked and its free but 242 is nowhere near it but on ppv.

I know, it's the time thing though this is why they're trying the Poirier/Khabib fight because it's on at an earlier time hence them pushing it.

This is also why they've done this recently to their Plusnet customers with the 100% price increase because they already know they're going to get as ton of cancellations and backlash.

What's even more ridiculous is the Plusnet platform doesn't even have access to the Box Office channel, so they've doubled their cost for them and taken away the Poirier PPV at the same time.

It's no coincidence they've done this in September either, they're using those customers to make up for the revenue they're expecting to lose and not even giving them the Box Office channel.

It can be confusing at first but in reality it's very simple, pay an IPTV provider for a subscription, my 12 month sub cost £61, I have an android TV so the only other thing I need is a £2.99 app, it gets me 1000's of channels from around the world, they've even started adding some 4K channels, it included PPV and on demand movies, plus some downright filth that I would never watch....

mT.gif

If you don't have an android TV you can use a firestick or an android set top box.

Yeah, I've never used it but thank you for that, I appreciate it.

This is the thing, I've always been happy enough to pay for things (not that I have anything against those who haven't of course cause I don't blame them) but I've never really been all that clued up about this stuff and also worried about the consistency of it and having solid shows etc.. :)

My home broadband is a little over £20 per month and it includes all UFC and boxing PPV's

Who's that with, is that Plusnet? :)

Vodafone but all broadband packages come with free UFC PPV's with right link.

Ah right I hear ya haha

Yeah it's such a nightmare is all this, BT are absolutely ruining things now and messing it up yet trying to use their various customers to make up for their mistakes.

It's funny how they do the double price increase to their Plusnet customers and taken away the PPV at the same time because they don't even give them the Box Office channel.

They're really trying hard to make up the money they already know they're going to lose.

242 isn't worth paying for at all, far from a stacked card, I can only name the main and co main off the top of my head don't remeber who else is even on it

Tell me about it, I think they're literally going by the name value regardless of how shit the cards are.

Yeah, I was just looking at the card myself cause I couldn't really think what else was on there but it's as follows.

Main Card (BT Sport Box Office)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Dustin Poirier (ic)
Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
Islam Makhachev vs Davi Ramos
Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

Prelims (BT Sport)
Magomed Mustafaev vs. Don Madge
Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Gustavo Aparecido Da Silva
Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalén
Liana Jojua vs. Sarah Moras

I'm not sure which BT Sport channel the prelims are on but it'll be one of the regular one's anyway then the main card moves to PPV.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about Barboza and Felder but I'm sure we will though as the event gets closer, I might be in the minority too but Curtis Blaydes' last fight really bored me.

Yeah, I was just looking at the card myself cause I couldn't really think what else was on there but it's as follows.

Main Card (BT Sport Box Office)
Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) vs. Dustin Poirier (ic)
Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
Islam Makhachev vs Davi Ramos
Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira

Prelims (BT Sport)
Magomed Mustafaev vs. Don Madge
Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Gustavo Aparecido Da Silva
Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalén
Liana Jojua vs. Sarah Moras

I'm not sure which BT Sport channel the prelims are on but it'll be one of the regular one's anyway then the main card moves to PPV.

I'm surprised we haven't heard more about Barboza and Felder but I'm sure we will though as the event gets closer, I might be in the minority too but Curtis Blaydes' last fight really bored me.

I like Blaydes but understand why he's not to everyones taste.

Barboza/Felder is a wicked fight but it's also a rematch, shouldn't be co-maining imo.

I like Blaydes but understand why he's not to everyones taste.

Barboza/Felder is a wicked fight but it's also a rematch, shouldn't be co-maining imo.

Yeah, I think it was just his last fight it was one of them, they all have them really, Alan Jouban is another who did recently but it was just one of them fights he couldn't get going/didn't click etc... and Schevchenko recently too so it doesn't really reflect on them on a whole, hopefully Blaydes next fight will be much better cause we know he can bring better anyway, I just felt it was really slow that's all.

We've still not got the Felder and Al fight either, I wonder if that'll happen at some point (we've got Hooker and Al coming and there's always the Gaethje and Al fight that's quite possible too).

meh...i pay for the best broadband with minimum TV package to get the signal to my house.

then i bought a sub for 12 months that cost me £25(yup, for a full year) that gives me all of the channels and PPVs

meh...i pay for the best broadband with minimum TV package to get the signal to my house.

then i bought a sub for 12 months that cost me £25(yup, for a full year) that gives me all of the channels and PPVs

Where's the subscription from? :)

This is the thing ain't it? BT Sport honestly have to compete with all this stuff and doing things like charging loads for a subscription as it is and then pushing their luck by putting it behind a pay wall on some of the events and then using other customers on other platforms to make up for the money they lost due to their own greed by doubling the subscription fee for their customers on other platforms (and they don't even have Box Office on the Plusnet platform so they're taking the event from them completely AND doubling their subscription fee in the meantime) AND it's no coincidence they do this in September for them and they have the Khabib and Poirier one in September also, they must think people are stupid.

But my point is while they are doing that they're not only losing subscribers but people are discovering other and better platforms that are more affordable to watch the events they love so they're absolutely shooting themselves in the foot are BT big time and it really is due to their own greed.

They're basically trying to get their Plusnet customers to pay for the money they lost as well as to cover the money they are about to lose and are expecting with the Khabib and Poirier event they have on, they're going to be their own downfall.

As I expected, Plusnet are getting a bad rep and backlash from this also, this is just BT pulling them down with them which is obvious.

The only increase on the Plusnet platform is BT Sport in the same month they are already anticipating a huge loss over their Khabib and Poirier PPV as it's inevitable.

Bare in mind Plusnet have a ton of services such as other channel packs, broadband, mobile phone, so many and the only thing that has increased is BT Sport.

BT are just greedy and they've messed up and now they're using other platforms to make up the money for them but they're just getting lots of cancellations too.

Back