More bad press for BT Sport (UK's home for UFC) after 100% price increase.

It's only matter of time until BT Sport go under now as they've really damaged themselves since doing this.

They will not go under. Not as long as soccer is such a big deal in the UK. It's like how Americans will let Comcast rape them over for the NFL and NBA.

They will not go under. Not as long as soccer is such a big deal in the UK. It's like how Americans will let Comcast rape them over for the NFL and NBA.

Well, I had a call from them after the recent UFC box office situation and no word of a lie the guy on the phone was telling me how they've lost so much money due to cancellations, he also said how understimated it is that the UFC content was bringing in a high part of their customers due to how they presented it, they were getting 50 new sign ups on average every so many minutes which dropped to only 11 after the backlash, they also lost thousands (and I mean thousands) in cancellations over this as well as refusals for box office buys, their targets weren't being met and their job was to get as much feedback from customers as they were struggling.

Also in regards to the football, Sky Sports have the bigger and more popular football too so they're not really winning on that.

They also overspent massively on some football deal and this is also another loss for them big time, they've damaged themselves so much these past few months or so (not sure when the football spending was but this has also been an issue for them).

Trust me, they're on very thin ice right now and have made it worse with this whole UFC thing which has lost them even more.

I honestly feel they're going to find it hard to compete in the market before long because they're already losing shit loads and it's only a matter of time until someone better steps in and offers a better satisfaction for customers (something BT are failing in).

I have had numerous contact with them now over this but the main one is the 50 mins call they rang me on, trust me, they're struggling, the dude was very honest about it (as have a couple admitted this).

It's 2019 now, all this shit is getting harder for them with the way things are going and the options people are discovering out there to watch their fave sports etc.. it can't keep going the way it is, the same thing happened in the music and DVD industry when they used to charge £15 plus for an album or DVD or whatever (iTunes pretty much helped them reduce this and is also why HMV almost went into administration due to over pricing and competing with Amazon etc..).

Honestly, they're in struggling times at the moment and although it may be a slow burner before they fall, if they continue the way they are and the losses they are currently facing then it's only a matter of time, trust me on this.

If you don't believe me you'll see in due time as if they don't make some changes soon, it really is just a matter of time until they fall which would be a shame as BT Sport have been fantastic up until the last few months or so.

Eff all that, the ufc international stream community going strong

Get yo stream game up UK

It's absurd as an American looking at the UK and see UK people paying $60 for just a sports channel. We pay $50 or $60 for an entire cable package. ESPN is probably only $6 of that $50 or $60. It's that soccer money. That's why Messi and others make $50 or $100 million a year.

Yeah, I agree with you completely, this is also why it's pissed off a lot of people here over this too as they're already paying so much in subscription costs.

However I also have felt since day one how unfair it is for you guys too with the PPV model, I really feel for you and I get no satisfaction out of not having the events on PPV and you guys having to deal with this, it's bullshit and unfair on you massively and I feel for you guys, truly.

This is what I mean, Dana needs to cut out the middle men and get all the profit himself from his own network, he can still get exposure from these TV companies the same way Vince does with his product but he needs to make it affordable and available for everyone, again, like Vince McMahon did with his WWE Network which was the best thing ever for his fans.

I'm not a fan of WWE but I absolutely respect and admire Vince for doing what he did for his fans there, big time!!

Dana needs to do the same or something at least, it's inevitable that he's going to have to at some point and I hope he does soon because he needs to.

Eff all that, the ufc international stream community going strong

Get yo stream game up UK

Haha, I think people are discovering that more here lol

To be honest, I'm happy to pay and support them but there's a difference between supporting them and them taking the piss, which is really what BT are doing at the moment due to the huge loss which backfired on them recently.

This is more reason why Dana needs to take the UFC distribution into his own hands the same way the WWE Network did and deal direct with the consumer (us) by cutting out the greedy middle men in between and having all profit to himself (as he deserves).
<31>

Has anyone heard the PPv #s from BT Sport from UFC 239? Im guessing not high

I've seen a few things around but I think a lot of it is guess work and speculation but it definitely damaged them.

I mean even if it made them a good amount of money at the time, the long-term damage they lost from that with all the cancellations of their service and refusals to buy their Box Office isn't going to sustain them.

They've already received backlash over the Khabib and Piorier event as they're trying it again with this one simply because it's on at an earlier time, it'll probably do better than the Jones and Santos event no doubt but they're still already getting the same backlash they got from the previous one before which it's expected to pick up more so as the event gets closer.

Hence them trying every way to make their profits up (IE the plusnet 100% price increase being the latest).

Look at these greedy Euros trying to GAME the system... pay your share like the rest of us!

<Kobe213>

This is 100% false

They were over 1 million around mid 2018 and have been one of the fastest growing since due to their customer service, awards etc.. they've won.

They are part of BT and they now only release the numbers as a combined figure in recent times however they're currently as follows.

Top 10 UK ISPs By Subscriber Size

BT (PlusNet, EE) 9,339,000.
Sky Broadband (UK+IRE) (Est.) 6,200,000.
Virgin Media 5,266,700.
TalkTalk (on-net) 4,289,000.
Vodafone UK 606,000.
Glide (Mostly Students) 400,000.
Post Office 400,000.
Ask4 (Mostly Students) 130,000.

They're at least 4th or 5th in their own right now, because they are a relatively new company on a public scale (they've been going years but it's only been recent years where they've really built up with home consumers), people don't realise how fast their growth has been.

Regardless, I don't see what the point people are trying to make as it makes no difference whether they are the biggest or the smallest, truth is this price hike is due to BT trying to make their losses up and those customers are just as important as any other ISP's customers.

I really am. We kept the TV service as we have 2 kids, but we now have smart Tvs and watch internet content all the time.

No need for normal TV other that BT Sport. This week I need to sort this stupidly out.
Havent had normal tv for years. Fuck commercials and waiting for shit to start.

Havent had normal tv for years. Fuck commercials and waiting for shit to start.

I don't really get all this with the streaming things etc.. like they're not reliable are they and don't you have to have an Amazon Firestick or something for them to work the best?

They buffer a lot too don't they and streams cut out and not HD etc.. plus don't you have to subscribe to some IPTV or something anyway?

If these TV channels though didn't rip people off and rinse them they'd probably find less people streaming anyway, to be fair I don't blame them because until they stop their greed people aren't gonna be very favourable to them so I don't blame them to be honest.

Happened with the music industry and film when people used to just download music and film where as now because they've brought it all down in price you find most people don't mind actually going on to iTunes to purchase some music, film etc or on Amazon to buy a DVD/Blu Ray or whatever.

Nope... but the ticket prices skyrocket. Also, if memory serves, Mayweather vs Pacman was $99... Not sure what ya'll overseas pay for a prime boxing event.

Boxing ppv are around £19.99
Sometimes it may go up to £24.99 but not often.
I've never seen it higher than that

I remember reading Floyd trying to make SKY make the ppv for his fight against Conor be £99

If I remember rightly SKY where saying nobody in the UK would pay that so £19.99 or they wont show it
Got to agree, I can not imagine many UK boxing fans paying £99 for a PPV.

So u still need a licence to own a t.v. in the UK???

FMD
Talk about a massive rort

Honestly and truthfully, it's just all a mess, it's only a matter of time though until they have to make changes cause there's no way they can compete and continue to do this when people are finding other ways to watch it or not watch at all anymore.

They've only just started in the UK to try do this and already it's been a mess and backfired on them, I've never seen such an amount of backlash for something before the way I did with the Jones/Santos event and they're seeing it again over this and the Khabib/Poirier one.

I think the Khabib/Poirier will do better than the Jones/Santos simply due to it being a better time but they're still getting loads of cancellations and backlash over it, it really is a lot of long term damage for a short gain.

It's also harming the UFC here because as it's a growing sport and people are getting into it, it's now making people lose interest because it's too much to invest in, specially as most are casuals at best.

They were doing such an awesome job before too were BT until they started getting greedy and got themselves into this mess.

It's just backfired on them as they expected everyone to be like "oh yeah" and buy into it but that just didn't happen and now they're trying to make amends.

Does this include virgin media? I upgraded my package for sport?

Back