Social Mitch McConnell : President Trump's nominee will receive a vote on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha. 4 GOP senators have already come forward saying they won't join in on McConnell's cockersucker shenanigans.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/ru...ve-updates/h_73403b4eaf42724ec9db79154591d223

iXR8Eg5.jpg

The article says:

1. Maine Sen. Susan Collins told the New York Times, “I think that’s too close, I really do."
  2. Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski in September said, "Fair is fair," and she would not vote to replace RBG before the election."
  3. South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham in October 2018 said, "If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump's term, and the primary process has started, we'll wait to the next election. And I've got a pretty good chance of being the Judiciary [Chairman]. Hold the tape."
  4. Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley said in July he would follow the Biden rule, "I'm just following what was established by the Biden Rule in 1986 and then emphasized by him in 1992... They set the pattern. I didn't set the pattern. But it was very legitimate that you can't have one rule for Democratic presidents and another rule for Republican presidents."
Looks like this was from before she passed away. If they had just now come out and said this I'd be more optimistic.

That's even more asinine.

When has the Senate not flipped every so often? So you're saying Reid thought it'd be Dem majority for a long time??? That's the BS you're trying to make me buy? Reid knows very damn well the Senate and the House will flip every so often. it actually flips based on who gains the Presidency as the country generally doesn't like a majority in all 3 branches.

The idea of a filibuster in its current form is retarded. You can literally talk BS forever and prevent a vote. Basically you can prevent people from doing their fucking job by continually Bullshitting. I have no problem with real discussion and giving the minority voice an opportunity to speak but there has to a be limit. you can't just filibust all day/night long until the majority capitulates and moves on to the next legislature. That's what Mitch McConnell and his cronies were known for. Yapping incessantly.

Now if you implement a motion that allows the end of the filibuster after a condition has been met (like a simple majority vote after x time) towards a vote (return to 3/5 vote is a pass) then I have no problem with filibusters. The way filibusters are right now all this does is prevent the Senate from doing their job - passing legislatures.

1. I don't know what Reid was thinking. If you read my comment, I think that is clear. The key point about Reid is that he opened this Pandora's Box. If you weren't complaining loud and long when he and the Senate Dems exercised the Nuclear Option, please don't complain about the fallout from it now.

2. As for me, I see a lot of value in the Senate filibuster. Unlike Obama, I do not think it is racist. Unlike you, I do not think it is retarded. But for those don;t like it, what exactly are they complaining about in the current situation? The Senate majority is well within their rights to confirm a justice nominated by the president, if they have the votes.

3. The votes is all that matters if there is no filibuster. Obama didn't have them, so Merrick Garland wasn't confirmed. If McConnell has the votes now, then there's no reason they shouldn't confirm a justice nominate by the president if they approve.

Goddamn right! Get it done!

Liberals thought they were big shit when they won the House two years ago. How about now lol

Lol Mitch has been saying that for the past two years, nothing surprising about that. His rationale last time was that its different now than when Obama tried because the Senate and Executive branches are of the same party so that's representing what the American people want.
But isn't having the house (and all its 435 members) a better e representation of what the majority of people want?

Also, Trump didn't win the popular vote

But isn't having the house (and all its 435 members) a better e representation of what the majority of people want?

Also, Trump didn't win the popular vote
The House ain't the ones that decides the appointment of Justices so in terms of who voters want deciding justices, I would say no.

Then again, I'd say losing the popular vote by 3 million is the voters saying they don't want this person nominating justices lol.

He's not alone though.
There's a lot of people that needs to evaluate their lives for finding such joy in someone's death..... It would be understandable if this was a pedophile or someone like Osama Bin Laden.

There's a lot of people that needs to evaluate their lives for finding such joy in someone's death..... It would be understandable if this was a pedophile or someone like Osama Bin Laden.

If you refuse to surrender power, if you stubbornly sit in a seat you're no longer qualified to occupy because you want to halt the system from progressing, don't be surprised when people eventually find relief in your death.

1. I don't know what Reid was thinking. If you read my comment, I think that is clear. The key point about Reid is that he opened this Pandora's Box. If you weren't complaining loud and long when he and the Senate Dems exercised the Nuclear Option, please don't complain about the fallout from it now.

2. As for me, I see a lot of value in the Senate filibuster. Unlike Obama, I do not think it is racist. Unlike you, I do not think it is retarded. But for those don;t like it, what exactly are they complaining about in the current situation? The Senate majority is well within their rights to confirm a justice nominated by the president, if they have the votes.

3. The votes is all that matters if there is no filibuster. Obama didn't have them, so Merrick Garland wasn't confirmed. If McConnell has the votes now, then there's no reason they shouldn't confirm a justice nominate by the president if they approve.

who said filibusters were racist? Do you just make that word association whenever somone says minority? LOLZ

Don't make up stuff about Garland. It never went to vote because it was an election year. Obama had a year to run candidates through the nomination process. why do you just make shit up?

Last edited:
If you refuse to surrender power, if you stubbornly sit in a seat you're no longer qualified to occupy because you want to halt the system from progressing, don't be surprised when people eventually find relief in your death.
much of the hell this country is going through right now is because of her lack of actions, the left is fighting on the streets right now (by proxy) because of whats at stake

Relief and happiness aren't the same thing, evaluate your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back