Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

How the U.S. Marine Corps will change (short of being rid of) starting in 2021.
"The Marine Corps is going to get smaller, with even larger manpower cuts planned for the future. The current goal for Force Design 2030 is to reduce the size of the Marine Corps by about 12,000 Marines from 2020 levels, creating a Corps with about 174,000 Marines by 2030." What does this mean for selection to being a Marine with limited slots in the Corps? A harder boot camp.

When I enlisted in 94, we were at about 174,000. This was from over 184,000. I just hope the very few from that era remember what a shitshow that was.

Last edited:
When I enlisted in 94, we were at about 174,000. This was from over 184,000. I just hope the very few from that era remember what a shitshow that was.

It's a shitshow now. But there are pockets of fun here and there.

Nice. Have the Corporals started to vanish? Back then, the only way to become a Corporal was a demotion.
Well it's a new system no more pro cons , it's JEPEs and it got implemented in February so it remains to be seen if that's improved promotion rates across the Junior enlisted. I'm on Parris Island so only around either RCTs and Boots or Sgts and above . The only time I see CPLs is when we gotta deal with the Dirtbags from Weapons Field Training Battalion.

Well it's a new system no more pro cons , it's JEPEs and it got implemented in February so it remains to be seen if that's improved promotion rates across the Junior enlisted. I'm on Parris Island so only around either RCTs and Boots or Sgts and above . The only time I see CPLs is when we gotta deal with the Dirtbags from Weapons Field Training Battalion.

The WFTB Marines came back to the fleet all weird. WTB guys from Quantico, not so much.

Don’t you have to go in front of a panel now too? In addition to having a high enough score.

Meh it's a point system. I let the NCOs and SSgts figure it out before it gets to me. For the JEPES when it came to recruits it was easy , PFT, CFT, Rifle score and overall effort then that's how I'd grade them.
It's both amusing and sad that MCIs are still counted. As if anyone actually does MCIs they way you're supposed to.

It's both amusing and sad that MCIs are still counted. As if anyone actually does MCIs they way you're supposed to.

It's all on Marinenet now and much easier to cheat, biggest pain is getting a Procter.

And I hear there's a LCpl's Course now. <Lmaoo>

It's a Seminar. It's actually effective. I've taught a few. Basically we tell them to maximize their time . In particular I don't care if they choose to get out after 1 enlistment but I tell them to either be prepared to leave honorably with whatever you have , GI Bill , Certs , Qualls, maybe some college , or keep going and see what else the Corps has to offer, Lat Moves , SDAs etc.

It's a Seminar. It's actually effective. I've taught a few. Basically we tell them to maximize their time . In particular I don't care if they choose to get out after 1 enlistment but I tell them to either be prepared to leave honorably with whatever you have , GI Bill , Certs , Qualls, maybe some college , or keep going and see what else the Corps has to offer, Lat Moves , SDAs etc.
Is it required like the other courses?

Is it required like the other courses?

Yes. Every Rank , has required PME now LCPL Seminar can be done as a PFC though and thei S3s will run it in the System. People aren't just going to bide their time and milk it. The 20 year SSgt is extinct , the System is meant to promote people that are actually trying to get promoted.

Yes. Every Rank , has required PME now LCPL Seminar can be done as a PFC though and thei S3s will run it in the System. People aren't just going to bide their time and milk it. The 20 year SSgt is extinct , the System is meant to promote people that are actually trying to get promoted.
Well hopefully Cpl's Course isn't the clownshow it used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back