1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Thai Domi, Jun 16, 2016.

1. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Yeah no , they don't do that as much. There are McMAP courses and the Drill Field for a reason. CPLs courses is mostly academic now with PT thrown in , just a less leadership curriculum than Sgt Course, or at least the way I've helped run a CPLs course.

My Spot likes this.
  2. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

In other news Recruits that I've sent to RSP have started stalking me on social media so I've had to block motherfuckers.

3. My Spot Not my bald spot. Not your dog, Spot.

Any of them attractive females?

[<cena1}

4. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Nope, I'm not in an integrated company.

5. Blayt7hh Steel Belt

Almost every major brigade level exercise I’ve been in someone’s died in an accident. One NTC rotation an OC actually died in a roll over.

6. crabmeat Brown Belt

From your previous post, you would have loved this modified version of LINE before MCMAP was fleshed out. It was nuts.

7. My Spot Not my bald spot. Not your dog, Spot.

Any wrestling and kickboxing?

8. crabmeat Brown Belt

Nope. The main focus was escaping a standing rear choke. Grab their nuts, break hold, spin, judo toss, punches to the face. Shitty bayonet stuff...

9. San Marino Purple Belt Platinum Member

"A $3 billion U.S. Navy submarine hit an undersea mountain."
    Holy shit! How is this possible? I'll bet the Russians and Chinese are really laughing at us now. What is wrong with the U.S. Navy?
    "Submarining is hard, it's really hard. Not everything goes right all the time." Really! Try being a soldier or Marine. Would flying a jet airplane be any easier? Do we need to bring back the WWII diesel class subs to make things easy for you? What a bullshit answer. I can see about half a dozen officers being relived of duty.

* Link: USS Connecticut: How did a $3 billion US Navy submarine hit an undersea mountain? - CNN
    [​IMG]

Strychnine likes this.
  10. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Navy Chief Season is probably the most pretentious thing associated with the Navy.

11. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Lol,

When I was going through my Chiefs Initiation we did some events with their Selects....

Thank God I joined the Coast Guard.

heavyarms21 likes this.
  12. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Exactly motherfuckers think a fucking season makes them a leader all of a sudden. If he didn't have or developed those qualities long before you move up in rank some little 9-11 week course isn't going the change that, the foundation in that pay grade should have been developed Long before that.

crabmeat, Strychnine and Thrawn33 like this.
  13. crabmeat Brown Belt

The Air Force is pretty similar to the Navy. The SNCOs holding back their NCOs because they aren't apart of the club yet.

heavyarms21 likes this.
  14. heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Some Marines play that game , but when I was an NCO my Gunny and SSgt mentored me a certain way. "Brother you're next " "Look ahead , plan it out " , I got lucky in the Units that brought me up.

Strychnine and crabmeat like this.
  15. Strychnine Titanium Belt

That happened to me in the USAF. I had some excellent mentors who really prepared me.

heavyarms21 likes this.
  16. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Thankfully I already had an XPO tour and was sitting in an OIC job when I made Chief so I was able to shit on any "Real Chiefs" (mostly in support rates) who tried to play high and mighty and question my leadership experience, including throwing a guy off my unit for the shit talking in front of my junior crews.

heavyarms21 likes this.
  17. MichiganMMA1978 Brown Belt

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but you guys being military might be interested.

I'm writing this on behalf of my main wrestling partner in highschool. He ended up at west Point, and one of Time magazines 100 most influential people in 2006 for being the whistleblower about prisoner treatment in a letter to John McCain in "05".
    He achieved the rank of Major, 4 tours in the M.E. and earned a PhD.
    Some thought he was a hero, some a traitor... He'll always just be the kid I whipped up on in practice to me...

But he passed away a few days ago, by his own hand from what I'm hearing...
    RIP Major Ian Fishback

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Fishback

Edit: an article on his teaching at West Point
    https://mwi.usma.edu/the-lessons-ian-fishback-taught-us/

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  18. Cyrano200 Purple Belt

Not a marine, I'm a bubble head. We have a Submarine ball and I (along with most of my shipmates) always thought it was either pretentious social climbing or just plain stupid. BUT one year it fell while we were on deployment in the Med and scheduled for a port visit in Naples. The squadron there were having a big to-do and invited us (this was significant because we were the only submariners there. Most of the other attendees were support staff on shore duty who'd never been underwater). Given the alternative of duty and maintenance or free food and drinks, I (many of my shipmates) opted for the pretentious social event. It was fun, but I will forever be biased against Italian beer because of that night.
    Number 5 is burned into my mind by two experiences; first one - on a submarine the food comes through a raised window like opening into the mess decks or the ward room, depending. We were having steak for some celebratory reason or another, and I glanced through to see the cook rubbing raw steaks on his junk and reciting officer names as he slaps them onto the grill.
    On a positive note - fresh eggs are a bit of a luxury on a boat due to limited storage, so always eat them while they're available. But cooks aren't always (or equally) skilled, so my omelets would be slimy inside. So I got into the habit of ordering them scrambled with all the fixin's mixed in (I know this doesn't sound that unique, but I was the only one who did) with saying why. I always thanked them. Eventually he would make my eggs as I liked them without me having to order and deliver them to me with a smile.
    I learned #10 as "Praise in public, scold in private."
    It would be a joke if it wasn't true. The percentages have to be miserable. I can only think of 2 guys I know of that were married when I served with them that remained marred. And they got married later in their careers - like 10 or 12 years in service.

19. Cyrano200 Purple Belt

Well, in one key way flying a jet is easier - you can see were you are going. Try diving on an uncharted road blindfolded while someone else who also can't see tells you where to turn. Diesel boats don't operate at the same depths (where the sea floor may surprise you) and can't do the same missions.
    That said, the CO and the NAV at least will be relieved (probably already have been) and maybe the Officer of the Deck if it was someone else.

20. Cyrano200 Purple Belt

Wow, I got distracted and forgot why I came here.
    I've been retired for 15 years now and last night I had a dream were I was reporting aboard a new ship. I have had many similar dreams over the years: standing watch, fighting casualties, wearing a uniform, or just doing ordinary things but knowing (in that dream way) that I was active duty.
    Anyone else have similar experiences?

John Dutton and Strychnine like this.