Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Elevators in the barracks?!

Pretty sure that's Quantico
When's the last time you were at Lejeune, particularly the Hadnot Point and Wallace Creek areas? I hope these beloved barracks are still around.

attachment.php

When's the last time you were at Lejeune, particularly the Hadnot Point and Wallace Creek areas? I hope these beloved barracks are still around.

attachment.php

I've only ever been to Lejeune to visit some buddies, but most of the time I was on Cherry Point from 06-11

attachment.php

BRUH!!!

That's the Taj Mahal compared to what I had on Ramstein!! We had open bay showers still! :)

Elevators in the barracks?!

Lol that picture and your thought is that privates got an elevator!

All the super barracks on Bragg have elevators but they’re 7-8 stories now. I lived in complete shit holes that were built in the 40s/50s. They’re all torn down now after a senate investigation of soldiers living conditions.

Side note, unrelated. Wtf happen to the WR? I hardly recognize any poster and the amount of liberals has really overtaken the place, it’s either extreme liberal or crazy republican. I’m also unsure if those are real opinions or just a bunch of trolls? Either way its unbearable right now.

All the super barracks on Bragg have elevators but they’re 7-8 stories now. I lived in complete shit holes that were built in the 40s/50s. They’re all torn down now after a senate investigation of soldiers living conditions.

Side note, unrelated. Wtf happen to the WR? I hardly recognize any poster and the amount of liberals has really overtaken the place, it’s either extreme liberal or crazy republican. I’m also unsure if those are real opinions or just a bunch of trolls? Either way its unbearable right now.
There are BEQ barracks now that have elevators and such. Even infantry units (specifically 5th Marines on the west coast).

giphy.gif

All the conservatives are working

Day whatever the fuck of this Lockdown and I can confidently I don't have it. But a good bit of mileage on the pavement last couple of days. Luckily we can run of Base without regular people giving us Side eye.

Hey @Strychnine.
You should watch "American Experience: The Bombing of Germany", 2010.

"Through interviews with veterans, historians and ethicists from all the countries engaged in World War II, this film recounts the story of the Anglo-American bombing campaign against Germany, exploring the moral conundrums imposed by the reality of the war."

Hamburg: "When it was over, 17,000 bomber sorties dropped more than 9,000 tons of explosives, killing more than 30,000 people (men, women, and children) and destroying 280,000 buildings, including industrial and munitions plants."

This was back in the day when the U.S. Air Force was still part of the U.S. Army. B-17 bombings over Germany were complete 'suicide' missions in my opinion. Each bomber had 10 men: 4 officers and 6 NCOs. Americans bombed during the day and the British bombed at night. Bomb drop runs were turned over to the bombardier, from the pilot, and the whole squadron (lead plane) had to fly a straight line over the target for a few minutes. All the while going through German air artillery and flack. Casualties were horrendous. A soldier on the ground had a better chance of survival. One British flight over Hamburg included over 700 bombers! FFS! That is an 'ocean' of bombers in the air over a city. Americans had up to 100 bombers, but again, were sitting ducks flying during the day. B-17 U.S. bombing in Europe: About 5,000 U.S. bombers lost or 46,000 men. :eek:

Last edited:
Hey @Strychnine.
You should watch "American Experience: The Bombing of Germany", 2010.

"Through interviews with veterans, historians and ethicists from all the countries engaged in World War II, this film recounts the story of the Anglo-American bombing campaign against Germany, exploring the moral conundrums imposed by the reality of the war."

Hamburg: "When it was over, 17,000 bomber sorties dropped more than 9,000 tons of explosives, killing more than 30,000 people (men, women, and children) and destroying 280,000 buildings, including industrial and munitions plants."

This was back in the day when the U.S. Air Force was still part of the U.S. Army. B-17 bombings over Germany were complete 'suicide' missions in my opinion. Each bomber had 10 men: 4 officers and 6 NCOs. Americans bombed during the day and the British bombed at night. Bomb drop runs were turned over to the bombardier, from the pilot, and the whole squadron (lead plane) had to fly a straight line over the target for a few minutes. All the while going through German air artillery and flack. Casualties were horrendous. A soldier on the ground had a better chance of survival. One British flight over Hamburg included over 700 bombers! FFS! That is an 'ocean' of bombers in the air over a city. Americans had up to 100 bombers, but again, were sitting ducks flying during the day. B-17 U.S. bombing in Europe: About 5,000 U.S. bombers lost or 46,000 men. :eek:

<{Joewithit}>

Harrowing stuff!!! Thanks for the videos! We learned about that as part of PME (Professional Military Education) and if you got REALLY lucky a vet would speak about their sorties over Germany and Vietnam.

I LOVED talking to the old-timers about their missions over Germany! Man, let me tell you, those men were a completely different level of HARD.

@heavyarms21 Have fun teaching recruits how to roll their sleeves.

Bro I got pushed back a couple of weeks so we wont pick up til the end of the Month. Last Cycle during the Marine Weeks they actually let me teach them how to Roll Sleeves since they would need to know how anyways. It was a Roast Session because I kept blasting the Skinniest kid in the Platoon , the antithesis of how I was taught actually. It was weird . I'm an older Hat so the fact am a DI is still kind of funny to me.

March 6th 2020 . It's crazy that as of right now that's the last time we did a Regular Graduation on Parris Island. Even the Goddamn SevNav was there as the Guest of Honor.

my grandpa won the true game of thrones so that i can shitpost on sherdog.

Back